theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 3/23/2018 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is my holy grail highlighter, its glowy, radiant, and beautiful. I like that it doesn't have an overbearing sparkle or glitter. Great packaging too.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don’t like it.It looks super glittery,like chunks of actual glitter on my cheekbones.It doesn’t blend nicely or suit my olive skin tone.It looks like an eyeshadow fall out.I really wanted to love this and had high hopes for it,but it obviously doesn’t work for everyone.It just looks so unnatural and like I used a cheap eyeshadow to highlight.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This has always been my holy grail highlighter. I got this maybe 5 years ago or so? When highlighting your face wasn't all the hype. I remember getting it and not even knowing what it is, yet alone what to do with it. I remember watching a beauty guru on youtube and she wasn't a big fan of it. She said that the particles weren't fine enough for her etc etc but for since it was on sale at Hautelook, I went ahead and got it anyway. I did not regret that decision one bit. Although it does have bigger particles, I really don't mind as I find that highlighters with finer particles tend to disappear on my face. This just gives me the right shine without disappearing on my face or it being too much either. This stuff is very, very pigmented and lasts a LONG time. As I said, I got mine maybe 5 or so years ago and I STILL have it. At one point I used this everyday but since you only really need a little bit the lifespan is really worth it despite the hefty price (if bought originally without discount).

The only thing that I didn't like about it (besides having to pay for the original amount if ever I run out) is the fact that it is very fragile. I dropped mine once and it broke to pieces... I was only able to save some. I find that other cheaper brands tend to be sturdier but I don't mind. I'd buy this again in a heartbeat.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Beautiful highlight than be both intense or subtle depending on how applied. My favorite, ever!

on 10/22/2016 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Beautiful! This puts together my whole makeup. I'm never letting you go Mary lou!

on 8/20/2016 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am olivey/tanned in skin tone and this beautiful white gold colour suits me perfectly. other highlighters I've tried have been too white on me and this is such a good match for me. it stays all day. it's sparkly and gorgeous, I feel so confident and radiant whilst wearing this. i found this to be super affordable, the plastic packaging feels a bit cheap but I can look past it because the product is so good.

on 8/8/2016 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I FINALLY got my product today and couldn't wait to use it. I got mine shipped from feelunique.com n it took around 10 days for it to be shipped to India n I must say it was worth the wait

Its an amazing highlighter and its something you can wear during the day as well as night...it gives a very subtle glow and looks very natural on my nc 35 skin tone.

I have seen many videos n online reviews where very pale skinned girls have great things to say about the product as to how beautifully it suits them. However I feel women who are to the darker side might not find this great as it is a bit too light for them...however a shimmer bronzer would do the trick

I've read in a lot of places that it's similar to Becca opal but I tried comparing the two and it's not the same...Becca is more golden n mary lou is more champagne
Second different is that Becca is more loud..its not sparkly but glows more than Mary lou which is more subtle and natural

All in all, if you like a highlighter that is natural and champagne colour then Mary lou manizer is a must have

on 6/29/2016 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Ladies!!! This is a MUST HAVE. I am crazy about this highlighter. It is absolutely worth the hype. The pigmentation is so rich, the shine it gives is just out of this world . The formula is amazing, and somehow it blends in so easily yet appears so vibrant! And AT THE SAME TIME it gives a natural finish. I mean sure, its a bit pricey, but a quality this great deserves this price. I remember that I was invited to a party once and I put this highlighter on. And girl..I was leterally GLOWING! The balm's face products are really good and unique in my opinion. AND let's not forget how adorable the packaging is you guys!!!!!

on 2/11/2016 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! Easy, gorgeous, simple & fresh! The 5 minute face that looks polished - I love it. My favorite look lately is a light foundation, cream blush, sheer wash of cream eyeshadow, swash of mascara & a groomed brow, bright lip, and Mary-Lou Manizer on cheeks, brow bone, Cupid's bow and a swipe down the nose for the finishing glow!

I've never found a powder highlighter that was the right shade for my olive/yellow based but reddish Mediterranean skin.This is sublime! There's no glitter, and my cheeks have a beautiful, dewy glow that makes me look 10 years younger!
The compact is a little tricky to open and I could do without the silly drawing, but it's not excessive, which I like. So much product in there, and you barely need a touch to get a nice glow, so I can't imagine ever running out of this. It would also look gorgeous dusted on collar bones, tops of shoulders, fronts of thighs for a summer eve out.

I'm very excited about finding this gem!

Best highlighter ever! It goes great on most skin tones! Seriously I don't even know what to say because its such a great highlighter. The only con is that it broke so easy! I still use it broken and all because its worth using broken or not. Fleekish highlight with this one!