theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

Filtered by hair type : Straight
theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 12/7/2018 10:23:00 AM

It’s a very natural highlight but definitely buildable, although a little bit light I feel like it would fit a lot of skin tones.

on 4/17/2018 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first highlighter. I still love it. The shade is a true champagne. The formula is beautiful, creamy, glossy, without any glitter particles and does not emphasize texture. It can be built up to be very blinding. I would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Mary-Lou Manizer could be considered a cult product, this light gold champagne colored highlighter will almost look good on all skintones. On my NC30 skintone it gave a light golden sheen that did not look frosty, it will give you a subtle sheen if you use a light hand or a heavy highlight if you build it up. Packaging is retro cute, with mirror! The powder is very soft and can kick up a little dust but it will last you a long time!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I find this product incredibly versatile. It's a lovely neutral champagne powder with a superfine fine, dense shimmer. It works well layered over a beige eyeshadow for some interest, or in the inner corners of my eyes as a highlight, or applied with a finger to the center of my eyelid for a different effect, or the center of the lips after applying lip product for a pretty look... I have yet to run out of ways to use this product. Oddly enough, the one way I have never used it is as a traditional highlighter. I have too much fun playing with it. One compact will last you a long time, making it a great value.

on 11/14/2017 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

$24.00 for 3 oz.at thebalm website

Description from the website:
Meet Mary-Lou Manizer, a seemingly innocent honey-hued luminizer that catches everybody’s eye. This highlighter, shadow and shimmer diffuses light so your skin looks softer and younger while adding a subtle

If you want a highlighter that shows with just one swipe, this is it. Highly pigmented, a lovely champagne shade, no chunky glitter. I also like to lightly dust it on my color bone and shoulders sometimes. You can build to a blinding highlight if that’s what you want. I also love how it highlights without emphasizing texture and looks very smooth with a subtle natural glow. If I get a bit too much I use use a sponge and dab some off. It also looks nice on the brow bone. inner corner of eyes, or added to eye shadows. If I want a little shimmer on some of my mattes, I add some Mary Lou sometimes.

I also think that the packaging is cute, the compact is sturdy, has a mirror and you get a lot of product.

BEWARE of the ones being sold at Walmart for around 13.00 and change. Walmart uses 3rd party sellers and they do not back the product. I have read where some say it is not the real thing and is a cheap counterfeit item from China. I order mine from thebalm website where I know its fresh and authentic.

Ingredients:
MICA, ISOEICOSANE, POLYETHYLENE, BORON NITRIDE, POLYISOBUTENE, PTFE, SILICA, SYNTHETIC WAX, DIMETHICONE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDE (CI 77491).

on 11/11/2017 8:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is by far one of my favourite highlighters. Full stop. The pigmentation is divine, and the colour is a light gold-which is completely universal (some people say it doesn't look good on people with fair skin but I would disagree). The product itself is so buttery and sits on the skin so nicely- and can build it up from a subtle healthy glow to a disco ball on your face. It even comes with a handy mirror. My ONLY two downsides with this product are
-the price has gone up (cry) from £15/or so to now £20 which is generally dissappointing
-the packaging - because you have to put your fingers under this clicker thingy to open the product up - this motion has been damaging the powder which is now beginning to break up and crack!! This hasn't just happened to me but also my sister and friends too (I would consider myself quite gentle when I open it as well). Because of this I don't take it out with me in a makeup bag anymore.
Otherwise I absolutely love this product.

on 11/8/2017 3:57:00 PM

A champagne pale white gold with a lighthand not too over the top on my pale skin. Its does have that wet look since its silvery gold. Im around nc20 or nw20 in mac and this looks good but not perfect since i rather have a even more natural highlight, this can be a bit much because the undertone leans yellow. I wont repurchase because i doubt id hit pan ever. Lol its a lot of product and i dont wear highlight everyday.

I gave this away. I guess i got tired of it and now i kind of wish i had it again lol but theres soooo many highlighters out there now that i found this to be boring. Colourpop lunch money is a dupe for 8 dollars. I guess i was serious when i said i wouldnt repurchase. I remmeber this color sometimes would remind me of mac nylon. It leans to the yellow side of silver if that makes sense and i didnt like it too much. Anyways i care about packaging and i just didnt like this sitting in my collection, it looks cheap and ive notice a lot of fake ones out there in the market so i always feel like i have the fake one even though it was a nice highlighter i didnt care for it much. I guess i grew out of the blinding highlight rend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hot damn, a highlighter for us pale warm gals. FINALLY. Thank thee heavens that the makeup mavens at The Balm thought of us. <3

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Holy grail highlight I wear it Everytime I wear makeup, I love it I've repurchased & it's my favorite highlight

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Bought this on sale on amazon, best place to buy this is on prime btw, and I really love it. One of the OG highlighters, this champagne shade is still holding it's own after all of these years. The texture is nice and creamy, it is more shimmery than sparkly or chalky, and the product will last forever.
Not too warm or cool, this works with any eye-look, and this shade in particular is great for light-medium skintones. I've heard the darker shades aren't as good, but I know that this one is amazing. The highlight would be good for beginners or pros, and if you buy it on sale from amazon like I did it can be quite a good deal!