theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

4.6

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, PTFE, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491.

on 4/22/2019 1:14:00 PM

love it so much ❤️❤️❤️

on 4/22/2019 10:14:00 AM

This is a gorgeous and intense highlighter, BUT my main issue was that it did not stay put. At the end of the night it would have pretty much disappeared from my cheekbones and ended up all over my face (even though I did NOT touch my face at all) and it would make my skin/foundation appear heavy and awful. Also, from an angle where you didn't see the shine it appeared a little ashy. (I'm an NC15)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely adore this highlighter - I just wish it wasn't so expensive but it's one of my favourite ones I've ever tried.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Mary Lou was the first higher end highlighter I ever used. I was skeptical about it at first but after a few uses, I was sold. It’s a light gold that can really beam if packed on or with less, can make you look heathily shiny. In my experience, it has to be packed up to the intensity I love. I typically love a blinding highlight. If I don’t know what to use, I tend to reach for this one. The price isn’t too steep either and it lasts for hours during an event. I’ve made a big dent in mine, which goes to show how much I have reached for it over the years. A fuss free product and I understand the cult following behind it, give it a try if you’d like.

on 12/7/2018 10:23:00 AM

It’s a very natural highlight but definitely buildable, although a little bit light I feel like it would fit a lot of skin tones.

I LOVE this highlighter. I have very pale skin so I always struggle to find highlighters that actually look natural on my skin- this one does. This product has the most beautiful glow and is very finely milled so doesn’t look heavy

on 11/26/2018 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Great highlighter! Not too glittery just gives a gorgeous sheen wherever you apply it. Love it for the inner corners of my eye as well as cheekbones and cupids bow. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is my favorite highlighter ever! It has a beautiful shine that is perfect for any occasion. It is perfectly dewy....not cakey at all. Some highlighters show imperfections when it comes to the way they make my pores look, but not this one. The packaging is adorable, and also sturdy enough ( some of my products break so easily... even expensive brands!)
It came with a mini highlighter that is great for travel. I love, love, love this one!!!

on 7/5/2018 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG face highlighter! The Mary-Lou is definitely for warm skin toned gals. If you are cool toned you will need to get the Cindy-Lou which is the sister highlighter. But back to this product, Mary-Lou...holy cannoli! Does it ever make a beautiful finish and my last step in my make-up. It is completely buildable and you can make it as subtle or as dramatic as you want and totally gives a beautiful affect to your face.

It would be helpful if you knew what the "triangle of light" is as you apply it to your face for the best result.

I have repurchased this as a back up.

on 4/17/2018 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was my first highlighter. I still love it. The shade is a true champagne. The formula is beautiful, creamy, glossy, without any glitter particles and does not emphasize texture. It can be built up to be very blinding. I would definitely recommend this.