3.8

price range

Reviews

from

6 years ago

I got this lipstick in an Ipsy Glam bag monthly beauty subscription and almost tossed it because it looked like just another peachy beige lipstick, a color that usually looks awful on me. I am Caucasian with fair skin, yellow undertones and no color to my lips. Surprisingly, this lipstick somehow has enough pink in it to be a nice pinky-brown neutral. It's very MLBB and office-ready. What I like most is the creamy, moisturizing texture. Most lipsticks are too drying for me; this feels almost like a balm. I would definitely repurchase at this low price.

About reviewer (387 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

6 years ago

One of the most gorgeous nudes ever. First discovered Hermes four years ago & single handedly made me realize I could indeed find great nudes for my deep chocolate complexion It's a light milk chocolate brown with VERY SUBTLE pink tone, definitely more brown than pink but not muddy. So creamy there is no need to apply balm blends seamlessly into my lips liner isn't mandatory either because it doesn't look ashy or washed out. However, for contour & definition I'll sometimes line my lips with mac chestnut. Currently on my fourth tube LOVE it so much. Whenever I see these at my local BSS it's STOCK UP TIME !!! LOL During hot months I'm cautious about caring it in my purse cause the heat will/can melt it.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinDry, Deep Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Kinky, Coarse

8 years ago

This is nothing special. It actually came out to be a nude on me, which I was not expecting. It matched my skin tone a little too much. It is a peanut butter-clay colored nude color. It sort of took on what I call a muddy appearance on my lips. It's not awful, but it's definitely something that I probably will not be reaching for to often. I was hoping that this would be a rosy brown which I have seen it described as, but I didn't see any kind of rosy-brown in this.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

HairBlack

EyesBlack

9 years ago

NYX Hermes is a creamy browned, neutral shade. It has a slight pink - and I almost even want to say red tone, but there really isn't any red in this lipstick. On my lips, it appears a very neutral brown, absent of any yellow tones. Although it isn't at all flattering against my skintone when applied straight from the tube, it's much more wearable for me when my lips are blotted with a tissue, leaving a soft line around the edges. It reminds me a bit of MAC Stripdown Lipliner (which is one of my favorites). From the various photos I came across searching Google, Hermes is a favorite nude shade among those with a deep skintone. On deeper skintones, the pink tone in this lipstick is much more visible. The formula of this lipstick is smooth and opaque with a semi-shiny/satiny finish.

About reviewer (366 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I really like this color on me. It's easy to overdo cause it's so pigmented but a light coat over moisturized lips is a pinky nude that's MLBB. I have lightly pigmented lips and I'm a warm neutral NC/NW15

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

This is a veryyy beautiful sophisticated color for African American Complexions golden to dark compexions. Its like a light brownish with a slight hint of nude in it. I cant even describe it, and very moisturizing. You would just have to try it out. This is perfect for any occasion, toned down job interviews, church, night out with your guy, or to add with your favorite smokey eye, this is really pretty. I will definitely buy this again.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

SkinCombination, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

10 years ago

Nyx Hermes is a pinky nude on me. Very flattering on my MAC C8 skin. Application of this is a breeze because of the moisturising formula. I'm giving this 4 lippies cos the color is really flattering and I love it so much that I only wear clear gloss over this. Edit: I'm changing my rating and giving this top marks cos this is the best pinky nude lippie i've tried and I've tried plenty. Highly recommend!

About reviewer (69 reviews)

SkinNormal, Dark, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Medium

from

10 years ago

Oopps I reviewed this cause I read HEREDES. That's the one I actually own =/ Sorry!!!!

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

To me, Hermes is a little too dark, it looks weird on me and takes away the colors on my face. Maybe it's suitable for darker skin tones?

About reviewer (166 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

10 years ago

If you like MAC Fresh Brew, then you won't have a problem with this shade. Practicallly the same color. Smooth texture with a semi matte finish. If you buy these at a beauty supply store, you will probably only pay $2 max. Great lipstick for the price.

About reviewer (921 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Dark, Warm