Neutrogena Sport Face SPF 70

Neutrogena Sport Face SPF 70

3.9

Active Ingredients Avobenzone - 3% , Homosalate - 15% , Octisalate - 5% , Octocrylene - 4% , Oxybenzone - 5% Inactive Ingredients Water , Silica , Adipic Acid/Diethylene Glycol/Glycerin Crosspolymer , Octadecene/MA Copolymer , Benzyl Alcohol , BHT , Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer , Saccharomyces/Potassium Ferment , Glycerin , Artemia Extract , Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment , Bisabolol , Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment , Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate , Saccharomyces/Calcium Ferment , Saccharomyces/Sodium Ferment , Cyclopentasiloxane , Ethylhexylglycerin , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , Beeswax , Triethanolamine , Diethylhexyl 2,6-Paphthalate , Disodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Ethylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First off, Drugstore.com has the ingredient list for this all wrong. I am pretty well versed when it comes to ingredients and this looked like a dream until I picked it up in person. It has a high content of beeswax, coconut derivatives, and other stuff stuff that drives my acne-prone skin to breakout city.

I could look past that, because I know most products aren't tailored to my specific triggerers. But the formulation sucks. This is a thick, white, greasy sunscreen. It does not stand apart from most of the low quality sunscreens I see in drugstores. I usually order Asian brands online due to this.

The whitecast is just really bad. Even after I took a while blending it in I could still see streaks. This is a chemical sunscreen! There should not be much of a whitecast if any. And then, there's the grease problem. This does not absorb well into my skin. It never dried down fully. It just sits on top of the skin.

Now if that wasn't all bad enough, my biggest issue is that this BURNED my skin. I am not always sensitive to chemical uv filters. I have rosacea, yes, but most of the asian brands play nicely with my skin. And they're typically chemical based (rather than physical filters like zinc or titanium dioxide). Within a minute of applying this I could feel my skin burning. I wiped it off with an oil cleanser quite quickly. The skin was bright red with small bumps. :\

I rarely make returns to Walmart but this is going back.

on 11/26/2015 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Stings my skin a little upon application and definitely stings if you manage to get it in or even near your eyes; but it's not too greasy or shiny and most importantly has been doing a good job of keeping me from getting burnt this Summer. I think I still prefer titanium dioxide based sunscreens for being gentler on sensitive skin than avobenzone ones. But I'll definitely use this one at least until the bottles empty.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is a great sunscreen that I have been using for over a month now. I wanted a sunscreen that was at least 30+ spf, sweat resistant because I have incredibly oily skin and it NEEDS to stay on, and one that wasn't very greasy or had a whitecast. I know many sunscreens have a smell, but I didn't want an artificial fragrance to be listed in the ingredients. I put off giving it a review until after my trip to the sunny beaches of San Diego to see if it was truly effective.

We spent all day walking along the boardwalk and beaches in San Diego. It was overcast but the rays were of course still out. I only applied sunscreen to my face and so my shoulders got pretty red, but my face stayed the same color.

There is a blink-and-you-miss-it whitecast (like you basically put it on, rub it in, and it's gone) but it does have a slight sheen. Nothing that a little bit of powder can't fix but I do wish it was less greasy. There isn't much of a smell either which is nice.

I've worn it every day and I think it has really helped to protect my skin against the sun. I've also worn it when I've gone running and it stays put and doesn't melt into my eyes or anything. I'm not going to call it HG, however, because I have very sensitive skin and I think wearing a spf of 70 every day may be too much for my skin. But for now I will definitely keep repurchasing. Even when I do finally find my true everyday HG, I will keep this around for really sunny, long days. It's also perfect for when I go outside running.

UPDATE 5-22-16: I have since found my HG sunscreen for daily wear (Olay sensitive skin spf 30) so I now consider this a definite HG for when I'm going to spend more than an hour in the sun. It's perfect for when you need more protection!

on 3/26/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

After trying quite a few different face sunscreens, this one is by far and beyond a doubt, the most effective and the easiest to use. I can even use this under make-up without worrying about affecting the final make-up look. It is not greasy, it is not white-looking, it does not slide off my face, and my face does not pick up any color if I am out in the sun for a couple of hours (with or without make-up).
According to the directions, It does need to be reapplied if staying out longer than 80 minutes(which is a problem if you want to have make-up all day). Even after 2-3 hours of beach time, there is no color on my face (I do usually wear a wide-brimmed hat, though). I have already purchased two more tubes and I am thinking of stocking up to avoid the dreaded "discontinued" problem.

I just returned from a 12 day vacation in Florida. While I was there I needed a great facial sunscreen that would stand up to the strong sun and my sweaty face. Neutrogena Sport Face SPF 70 was my choice and it did an excellent job. The sunscreen applied easily and quickly. It did leave a slight shine on my face initially which didn't bother me. One application lasted all day, even through some heavy sweating from the outdoor heat. There was no eye irritation from this formula, a real plus. Many other sunscreens have bothered my eyes either during application or from sweating. I experienced no burning or tanning with use of this sunscreen. It looks like I never went to Florida, which was exactly what I wanted.

I did experience a few minor clogs with use of this sunscreen. On a couple of nights I did not remove this before bed so I think this was the reason for clogging.

I was looking for a non-comedogenic sunscreen and I came across this. It delivers what is says it is going to do. It provides adequate sun protection; it has a mild typical sunscreen scent. It isn't particularly greasy to use. I'd purchase it again, except I cannot find it anymore! Have they discontinued it or something?

I needed a strong SS for my face (my everyday Ducray Melascreen isn't water resistent enough) that would prevent any worsening of my melasma during a week long vacation to the lake. This applies like a dream = no residual stickiness, less of a shine than my Melascreen, didn't migrate into my eyes, no clogging/breakouts. Price and availability is nice and I love the tube. Also, I notice less than normal amount of the standard SS smell.

Problem - in spite of lots of re-application during the day, I still got quite a bit of color and my melasma did worsen = not happy! The PPD = 9.6 so I was hopeful, but nope. I will continue to use up on other body parts, but not on my (sad) face.

on 5/12/2013 12:11:00 PM

This is my everyday sunscreen for my face, neck, chest, and shoulders (if necessary). I am on a prescription retinoid, Differin, and have to keep my skin protected with a high level of SPF, but the sunscreen can't be irritating. Since I have been using it, I haven't gotten any color or freckles, even though I am exposed to the sun everyday just walking
around the city and power-walking for exercise. Actually, my skin has become lighter because my old sunscreen was still letting in some percentage of UV rays. Like others have said, I can wear it over my moisturizer (Argan oil) and it does't feel greasy ever because of it's high content of silica, even when I really gloop it on. It doesn't burn the skin (don't get it into your eyes, though!), and I like that it is water and sweat resistant. It also plays well with make-up, liquid and powder, just let it set for a few minutes before make-up application. I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out. I remove it at night with a combination of Rose Hip Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, and Apricot Kernel Oil and a Clarisonic. I think it's pretty much perfect.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This one broke me out. I was using Aveeno sunblock with spf 55 and it suited me to a tee. When it ran out and i couldnt find it in any of the drugstores in my area i went for Neutrogena sport face spf 70+ subblock.
At first i was happy with it but after a few days i started to break out. I had no acnes on my face before using it and then i got huge itchy breakouts on the cheeks that have left ugly scars now.
I wasnt sure if i could return this and that mean all the 14 bucks i spent on it gone down the drain.
I bought neutrogena clear face after it and thankfully i dont see anything wrong with it till now.
But i truly regret buying sport face as the spots from the acne will take a long time to go.

on 3/3/2013 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

As a pale person who goes from zero to red faster than a lobster in a broiler, this stuff has shielded me on beach vacations, afternoon runs, waterskiing, rafting, hiking, and other adventures. The high concentrations of physical and chemical sunscreens make it effective, and the film-forming ingredients will keep it on your face and not on your clothes. The high concentration of sunscreens in this formulation means that protection will last a bit longer than an SPF 30 or so, as all sunscreens are broken down by the sun and need to be reapplied after several hours of direct sun exposure.

The ability of this stuff to stick to your skin despiite sweat or oil also makes for an awesome hack: mix a raspberry sized glob of sunscreen with a few dabs of concealer that matches your skin (I.e. NYX's HD concealer) and presto, you have a budge-proof tinted moisturizer that matches your skin, won't look greasy, won't turn orange, won't settle into pores, and protects your skin like you wouldn't believe! Coverage looks natural and flawless, even if you have oily skin.

This stuff will sting your eyes, so leave a zone of a few millimeters around the eye area. I haven't had problems with this breaking me out, but this will vary from person to person.