Sex in the City Eau de Parfum

2.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 3/23/17: they sent me Sexy City (wtf) Lust perfume I sent it back! I got Sex In The City Love & it smells cheap like a wet dog. I don't know what to make of these. The small ones smell good the. I've one smells like a knock off cheaply done of Paris Hilton ughhh just glad I got the small ones that smell good.
---
Original review:
I have Exotic (purple) & Naked (orange) from eBay. I don't remember how much they cost not much thou. I'm weirded out that they are called Sex IN the City not Sex AND the City l thought, "had I been getting it wrong all these years?!" Naw, just these perfumes. They're like something Coty would knock out of the park oh well at least they are edp I quite rather like them becoz I like fruity VS/B&BW fare (in other words "cheap" perfume my tastes range from kiehls Musk oil to VS to Chanel chance eau fraiche to Charlotte Russe) these remind me of Charlotte Russe refuge series of perfumes. Pleasant, happy, fun perfumes. Funny coz SJP Lovely is so perfectly polar opposite much more grown up & serious w lavender/LOTV. I was never a big Sex...City viewer coz we didn't have cable/satellite tv w premium channels when it was popular. I've never seen the SATC movies (coz I hate movies generally). Anyways if u see this somewhere (big lots?! Walmart? If u buy ur perfume the same place you pick up ur prescriptions...) I would rebuy in a heartbeat if I saw IRL but I admit I have 3.4oz of Love & Lust for $10ish each. Love comes with a deo spray too! Fleabay!! I haven't gotten them yet. I will come by & update!

Yawn. I believe these perfumes only exist because they were a failure at an attempt to generate more revenue from the sex and the city craze that came from the motion picture. I dont even think any of these scents were legitamtly manufactured by recognizable companies. i had the purple one, and it smelled like there could have been a good smell but it was over powered by alcohol and the smell of piss

on 4/7/2013 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have the light-green KISS perfume I bought out of curiosity, for $6 CDN. It's a very generic cheap perfume smell, no floral or fruity notes at all, just perfume scent. There's no base note in the perfume, which means the staying power is at most 2 hours. With a huge bulky bottle of 100mL, it's not possible to carry it anywhere. I don't want to wear this scent on myself, but it's nice as a perfumed spray for clothes, i.e. on pyjamas, and it's actually fun to wake up smelling this in the morning.

on 11/27/2011 1:19:00 AM

Bought this recently and dont like it at all. It doesnt last long and i dont like the smell. Although it was cheap, i would never buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 'Love' - the pink bottle. To me, this is more like a body spray because the smell is a light, fruity floral and has very WEAK staying power. Literally after 30 minutes, I can't smell this on me anymore. Wearable for everyday and was pretty cheap.

on 4/3/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you pay any attention to detail, you'll notice right off the bat that this is a cheap perfume because they can't even get the name right. I'm assuming (like many others) that it was designed after the tv show. But the tv show is "Sex AND the city," and the perfume is "sex IN the city". I like the smell, its pleasant but not daring. Very generic smelling, like your average celebrity perfume.If someone walked by you wearing this, I can gaurentee you wouldnt be able to tell which perfume it was even if you are perfume-educated because it smells so average. It doesn't last very long, a given being that it was so cheap. It's probably mostly alcohol, and I've heard that horse urine is a main ingredient in cheap perfumes, so I wouldnt be surprised. I wear it when I'm at work, I just want to get rid of it. I bought it when I was younger and before I was educated about perfume, and before I knew how important it is to invest in a quality scent. Oh well. For those of you who are thinking of buying it, go for something with a little more power, a little more statement. This doesn't deliver. A nice gift for a young preteen or teenage girl.

I have it in 'LOVE'. The packaging is beyond fugly. It smells pretty and refreshing... but nothing special, more like a body spray then anything else. I did get it for pretty cheap though.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I found this perfume at a discount clothing store by my job and was surprised at how good they smelled, especially Love and Lust. It smelled so familiar to me and then I realized it smells like a cheaper, knock-off version of Paris Hilton's first perfume. The smell doesn't last very long, it's more like a body spray than anything else. But for $9.99 I can't complain, just don't spend any more than that for these fragrances!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought the purple Lust perfume. It smells good (very fruity and a little musky), but very light. Even with several spritzes, I could hardly smell it, and it faded very quickly. The bottle is really ugly and unwieldy too. I will use it once in a while but will definitely not repurchase. It was only $10 for a 3.4 oz bottle on ebay though, so if you like very subtle fragrances, you may enjoy this. Like I said, it does smell very good, just not very strong.

I was able to find four of these perfumes by Instyle Perfumes in a discount store for about $7.00 each and I was able to test them all.

They are designed for each main character in the Sex in the City television show. I love the bottle designs, which look modern and pretty enough on my bathroom counter. The fragrance does not last long though, a few hours at most. But at such a low price, I can't argue. And unlike many of the higher end fragrances, none of these screamed "old lady" to me.

Kiss - light green, supposed to represent Carrie. This very faint fruity scent with perhaps a bit of mint, it was not my favorite and I could barely smell it at first.

Love - pink, supposed to represent Charlotte. I really love this one, it's a light pink with fruity and floral notes to it, and it is strong than the others. I do think it has a soft and feminine touch to it.

Sexy - gray, meant to represent Miranda I think. I wasn't a big fan of this one - it reminded me of a spicy cologne and it did not seem to work for me. I tend to prefer really sweet perfumes.

Lust - bright purple, Lust is my favorite and meant to represent Samantha. It's very fruity with a hint of spice to it and I think it is the best of all of them, but not in an in your face sort of way.

I ended up buying Lust and Love. I think there are two others, Desire and Passion, that I was not able to try out.

Popular Fragrances