E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.5

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Im reviewing the Shimmer HD powder. Personally I love it! Yes it has in shimmer particles. I've heard people say they find it glittery... I do not. It's more of a sparkle as this slightly peachy toned powder is extremely finely milled. It's definitely not a pearl sort of sheen. That said, I use this to set my highlighted areas and under my eyes if i want extra drama, just a dusting does the trick, then sweep on whatever highlighter I'm using over this. If I've used a cream highlighter only, i find this is even more perfect as it doesnt reduce the sheen of my highlighter and completely mattify the look like many setting powders tend to causing you to have to go in with a powder highlighter to bring back the glow. That product overload is a recipe for cake face.

This product is not an all over face powder. Absolutely just for areas you want to highlight...center of the nose, cheek bones, under eye, upper lip, chin etc. It is a HD powder so be cautious not to use too much product if taking flash photos or you may experience flashback. Apart from this I have taken beautiful professional flash photos using this powder with no disastrous results. It's also held up wonderfully to full nights of partying and kept me shine free.

I like the look of the packaging. Very cute on my vanity. Makes it appear much more expensive than it is but it does get messy fast because it is such a fine powder. Dont take the plastic completely off the shaker top; cut away maybe just under half of it and keep it up right, and youll be fine. I've put some in a smaller container for travel as it's also not particularly travel friendly packaging due to its bulkiness.

I've also heard people complain about the amount of product it contains for the price ($6) and I have to wonder if they're crazy as I've spent upwards of $40 for similar cosmetics with an equal amount and even less product in it.

All in all, if youre not timid about the use of highlighter products then you will adore this. If subtlety is your thing, then skip this and go for an ordinary translucent HD or other setting powder or opt for Sacha Buttercup powder or Ben Nye if you prefer a bright but matte powder to highlight and set your makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this in white but for my MUFE #70 complexion it left too much of a grey cast. So I dumped the powder and rinsed it, and now use the wonderful container and puff for my Ben Nye banana powder! How wonderful, especially for $3 I wasted nothing.