E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.3

on 8/23/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know if it's me but I always end up with cakey makeup with this loose powder. The powder is not fine enough and makes it harder for me to buff out. Overall its okay but I think there are better alternatives like Milani Loose Translucent Powder.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Im reviewing the Shimmer HD powder. Personally I love it! Yes it has in shimmer particles. I've heard people say they find it glittery... I do not. It's more of a sparkle as this slightly peachy toned powder is extremely finely milled. It's definitely not a pearl sort of sheen. That said, I use this to set my highlighted areas and under my eyes if i want extra drama, just a dusting does the trick, then sweep on whatever highlighter I'm using over this. If I've used a cream highlighter only, i find this is even more perfect as it doesnt reduce the sheen of my highlighter and completely mattify the look like many setting powders tend to causing you to have to go in with a powder highlighter to bring back the glow. That product overload is a recipe for cake face.

This product is not an all over face powder. Absolutely just for areas you want to highlight...center of the nose, cheek bones, under eye, upper lip, chin etc. It is a HD powder so be cautious not to use too much product if taking flash photos or you may experience flashback. Apart from this I have taken beautiful professional flash photos using this powder with no disastrous results. It's also held up wonderfully to full nights of partying and kept me shine free.

I like the look of the packaging. Very cute on my vanity. Makes it appear much more expensive than it is but it does get messy fast because it is such a fine powder. Dont take the plastic completely off the shaker top; cut away maybe just under half of it and keep it up right, and youll be fine. I've put some in a smaller container for travel as it's also not particularly travel friendly packaging due to its bulkiness.

I've also heard people complain about the amount of product it contains for the price ($6) and I have to wonder if they're crazy as I've spent upwards of $40 for similar cosmetics with an equal amount and even less product in it.

All in all, if youre not timid about the use of highlighter products then you will adore this. If subtlety is your thing, then skip this and go for an ordinary translucent HD or other setting powder or opt for Sacha Buttercup powder or Ben Nye if you prefer a bright but matte powder to highlight and set your makeup.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been trying to stray away from using pressed powders/foundation and just stick with translucent powders and concealer, because too much face makeup dries out my skin immensely. I wanted to try ELF's powder first, since it's a great price, and I love ELF products. I'm so glad I tried this first, because I'm basically set with this.
This is such a great and affordable powder! It's very soft, it blends into the skin so nicely that it honestly does look like you're wearing at least a BB cream. I paired it with and without a setting spray, and my skin looks smooth and nice all day. There's no harsh fragrance (or any fragrance for that matter), and it blends well with a face brush, or if you decide to use the powder puff that comes with it.
This product can be a little drying, though, so if you have dry skin like me, make sure you slap on some good moisturizer before putting this one. I would definitely buy this again, and I plan on it!

on 9/14/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This powder is amazing especially for the price. I purchased for $8 at target. I was using MUFE's HD powder before and at a fraction of the price this powder does wonders. I prefer it over other high end setting products. I use it lightly over foundation to set and it keeps my face matte and fresh looking for hours even with my only skin!

on 9/4/2014 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The exact same as the makeupforever Hd stuff but costs almost nothing.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Studio High Definition Powder is one of my everyday powders; I have oily skin & this without doubt helps control it. I wear it both alone & over foundation, but mostly alone. When I wear it alone, I prime my face with e.l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer & my face looks AMAZING. I've even received a compliment on how matte my face looked when wearing this alone. Where I live, we have triple-digit summers (even at night), so that truly does say something. I love this powder & will be buying another. They're $6 at Kmart or Target. I have Clear & someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I see it's not called Sheer on the website. There are also shades Shimmer & Corrective Yellow. I definitely need to pick up Shimmer because anyone who knows me knows I'm obsessed with glitter!

With regards to the packaging, it could be better. Despite there being a twist-top, this gets messy. The powder is so fine that is kind of leaves a light layer of itself all over the box. I didn't throw away the sponge applicator inside, but I don't use it because I have dark skin & I did find that it applied the powder a little too heavily for my liking, & I don't like a white cast on my skin. I use a kabuki brush & a light hand so I don't wind up with a film on my face.

on 4/13/2014 8:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This powder gives my makeup an awesome finish and NO white cast surprisingly. Unfortunately my forehead and nose are very oily, so within 2-3 hours shine is already peeking through. But I could definitely see this working for people with skin not as oily as mine. I'll keep looking for my HG powder that will keep me matte all day, but for now I can deal with occasionally stopping at the bathroom to touch up.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Love it cause it keeps me matte but kinda leaves a white tint a little bit

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this in white but for my MUFE #70 complexion it left too much of a grey cast. So I dumped the powder and rinsed it, and now use the wonderful container and puff for my Ben Nye banana powder! How wonderful, especially for $3 I wasted nothing.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

One of the best loose powders I've ever bought! It goes on so smooth, it feels like you're patting pearls into your skin. It set your face and keeps the shine away all day long. And yes I can say that because I have oily skin. And the price is great! When will you ever find something so inexpensive for a great quality product! I recommend to anyone.