E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is literally alright. It does indeed set your makeup and prevent it from moving. But it's not that great when it comes to oil control or preventing creasing, itll keep me matte for a maybe 2 hours tops but then afterwards I have blot and stuff. It doesnt help with creasing at all and I actually feel like anytime I place some on my barely existent laugh lines (that seem to accentuate when I have foundation on) it makes them even more accentuated. So doesnt really help with creasing. It also can feel quite drying on the skin especially in the winter although I have oily skin. Its finely milled but I wouldnt decribe it as soft. I decided after half a year of using it I'm going back to my Innisfree no sebum powder which although doesnt have much product does it's job at keeping me oil free and matte throughout the day and has much more of a silky soft feeling to it. Does not dry me out at all either.

You can read more of my in-depth reviews here: www.pinkivorys.blogspot.com

on 9/26/2015 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I did not like this powder at all it just did not work well with my skin however I love the packaging and the blotting sponge that comes with it! I've actually dumped out the powder and use other powders in the container that I like because I love the packaging so much. This powder really didn't do much for my skin at all and I never reached for it. I've always reach for other loose powders. I don't recommend this product at all. It didn't do anything special for me and it did leave my face looking a tad bit ashy and a little bit cakey but not heavily, I would spray my face with fix plus to eliminate that issue. But over all not a fan of this product. A definite thumbs down.

on 10/22/2013 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've been using this for about a month or so now and I like it. I was worried that because I'm NW45ish, it would leave me looking like ghostface but surprisingly it doesn't. It is sooo finely milled that I don't use a lot and I use a fluffy brush. I use it to set my concealer under my eyes and above my top lip and it completely disappears and works just fine. As mentioned in other reviews it can be messy but I find that if I DON'T peel back the covering over the sifter holes, that enough of the product comes out just by tapping it on the lid. I also make sure to keep the power puff, which I don't use, in there to further cuts down on the mess potential. Overall this is was a good buy.

EDIT 12.16.13 I made this even better by mixing it with a tiny amount of my toffee Everyday Minerals powder.

on 9/16/2013 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

FOR THE PRICE , THIS IS WELL WORTH IT
it does the job, but its just that the powder is quite heavy so you would really have u apply it very gently/lightly to avoid looking like a ghost!
but as i said , for the price its worth it
if i ran out of my main finishing/hd/translucent powder (MAC) , then i would use this one, as i do have it as backup

on 6/18/2013 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This product is amazing! I have the worst oily skin ever, I mean i was using UD mattifying translucent powder ($32) value and after 3 hrs, i'll be blotting my foundation off my face.

It was getting tiring looking for a matte finish powder to complete my look each morning. And I even purchased Estee lauder after reading the raving reviews ($29+Tax) value, don't get me wrong, it worked but then made my face looked like a ghost cos it's too white on the face and takes time to oxidize to your colour.

And then I thought, buying this fantastic $6 powder will not kill me so just try and see if it works. And it helps that the reviews are so hyped and so consistent, I thought it would be good to just try it and see. My my my, my face was matte for 12hrs + and even when i blotted after taking a walk in this 95deg + in humid TX, it was still matte till i was ready to wash my face at night.

This is a must buy!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this every single day to set my makeup. It comes with a great amount of product, and the bulky packaging can be looked over since I keep it at home. I use the ELF powder brush to stipple it all over and it keeps my face matte all day and minimizes my pores. It's very comparable to the MUFE HD Powder for a fraction of the price. If you have dry skin, I would make sure your face is very well moisturized prior though. My favorite powder ever!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

A month ago I bought E.L.F. S. HIGH DEF POWDER and I love it! I tried the HD powder from MakeUpForEver in sephora and that reminded me of the time I saw that E.L.F. had an HD powder. I researched online and read reviews of E.L.F. and months later, bought the powder. It is just like MUFE's HD powder but only $6 bux compared to $32 bux. After applying my Make Up For Ever HD foundation 178 and concealer, I generously apply ELF's HD powder all over my face, and it sets my make up in place. It works better than my Urban Decay setting spray. Make up won't budge when you use this great powder! It's silky and finely milled. It never crinkles or settles in fine lines. It seriously goes on sheer, and I know because my skin is a milk chocolate tone and it never leaves an ghoolish white caste like other translucent powders. Buy it asap!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

As someone new to makeup, I looked for items that I could practice and get a feel for. This is a great product, HOWEVER there are some issues. Once it settles its gives a slight shimmer to the face and taking photos with this isn't suggested. Just as the MUFE HD Powder, it will show in flash photos. Other than that I think its pretty good to use.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I am nw45/nc50 so WOC don't be afraid to use this powder!!
So after having this powder for a while now, I have finally made use of it. I usually set my foundation with my loreal true match powder but being that is very hot here in the south, it was starting to melt even after mist. I read the reviews of how ELF HD Powder is great at controlling shine and I decided to go ahead and use it. I have dry skin but this summer I have been having some oily spots throughout the day and this does a great job of keeping my face matte. I didn't have to blot or touch up at all. I used a very LIGHT hand and buffed it into my face using my ELF kabuki brush. The only thing I dont like is the twist top with the puff. Other than that this powder is perfect!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I've had a couple of bad encounters with ELF products and this one is no exception. The most crippling thing about this product is its horrendous packaging; you'll end up losing more than you'll probably get to use! It does a decent job at setting foundation. The product is very very inexpensive and you get a very good amount (3.5g) of product. But I can not get over the great loss of product I get each time I open the jar. I think if your on a tight budget this a decent product but if you can splurge I recommend looking on here for another product with better packaging.