E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.3

on 11/17/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I bought this to save myself some money (I had been using LM powder) and I love it. I even like it better than the LM powder. I use it to set my concealer & my t-zone. I have oily skin and I find that this keeps me matte as long as the LM powder did. But my favorite thing is that I don't look powdery at all & my skin (including my under eye) feels and looks smooth. The only thing I hate is the packaging because it can get messy real quick but still worth the buy. I definitely recommend if you're looking for a cheaper powder!
Edit (update) - knocking off some points b/c the packaging is just awful. I still like the price point, but I've only been using the powder to set my under-eye concealer. The powder emphasized my skin texture (pores, pimples) in my forehead too much and doesn't have as much oil control as my pressed NYX HD powder. I still like it though and will continue to repurchase!

on 8/16/2016 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Nice product, close to my HG powder which is the NYX one, but I wish the packaging was different. I have no idea how to improve it as all of the loose powders seem to have this flaw, but if only the packaging weren't so terrible (as in, it gets product everywhere), I'd rate this higher. That being said, there are other loose powders with worse packaging so that part is a universal issue.

Not as finely milled as the NYX powder in my opinion, but truly translucent, which is great. Requires a little more blending than the NYX but not much, and truly does set my makeup for most of the day. Nice product overall.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

GIRLS. This product is amazing. Not for face, but for LIPS.
I use it on my lipstick after i apply any normal lipstick and it turns matte! It makes ANY lipstick feel like liquid matte formula.dont be afraid of the white, it really does turn translucent.
It makes my lips pretty much last ALL DAY without getting on my teeth. Its so amazing and i hated the drying formula of some liquid lipsticks but this feels so great.
I was like you guys before, i used this on my face and hated it.
But after i discovered it for this use, i will NEVER be without it. It gives my older lipsticks a chance to used again!

Bottom line:
Use to set lipstick to turn matte.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

im a drugstore fan. Sometimes amazing things happen at amazing prices!
This was definitely not one....
It oxidised all of my make up 5 seconds after i put it on and turned me orange! I dont have oily skin, so i thought "okay lets clense everything properly" and low and behold, even after cleansing and everything, it took 10 mins to oxidise instead of 5, which is worse if you're leaving the house!!!!! I've tried with primers, without, switched foundations.... Its just awful. AWFUL. Finely milled but still bad.

on 11/25/2015 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a decent powder. But since it's and HD powder, you need to use a very light hand. Or you can do what I do and that's buffing a pressed FLESH TONED powder over your face. Not only does that eliminate the flash back for me, but it helps to further blend my makeup.

The packaging can be a bit messy. But it can be remedied by replacing the skimpy puff it comes with, with a fluffier one from a beauty supply store. Or just being careful not to be so willy nilly when sticking a brush in the container.

There are no claims for oil control. But I dont find myself overly shiny with this either. For the price, one could try it out without the guilt of spending a larger sum. I've lost and replaced this powder 2x. But I dont ever actually see myself running out of it lol

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have really sensitive, acne-prone, very oily skin! After 2 trips to ULTA, an hour each spending asking questions, searching, and feeling discouraged, I walked out with nothing :(. Both times. Then I go to Target and I find this! It doesn't clog my pores, keeps me matte all day, and is so lightweight, I love it! Do you know how hard it is to find a good makeup product that doesn't have harsh ingredients, and doesn't break me out??! This is like heaven! I completely recommend this product! The only issue I have is the packaging. I like the shape, it's very MAC, but I have a hard time getting the powder out without making a mess or pouring out too much. I don't use the puff either, I use ELF's total face brush. :D. I love elf products.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

this is basically a really good dupe for the MUF HD powder..it does exactly the same thing: makes face look flawlessly matte! Its translucent so its great for any skin color! If you are skeptical, just try it out..it's sold at Target for $6, if you don't like it, just return it :)

on 3/20/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love everything about this powder. Sets me beautifully and keeps me matte all day. SO affordable and I absolutely love the feel and look of the packaging. I will be re-buying and most likely stock this up :)

on 2/16/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Best drugstore finishing powder ever. Its just as good as the Makeup Forever powder that I used to use which is not cheap at all. This is a wonderful option and I honestly prefer it over the high end powders I have tried.

-its a white powder but doesnt leave a white cast and its not ashy or chalky looking.
-makes my makeup look so airbrushed and complete!
-looks great in photos!
-the price is great. Got it for 6 bucks at Target. cant beat that considering the MUFE powder ranges between 35-52 depending on the size. WOW.
-i like the way it is packaged very much. Its kind of big but still great for traveling cause its quite durable.
-to apply it i pour some in the lid and use a big fluffy brush, the ELF powder brush works as well and just apply it all over my face.
-it keeps me oil free all day without looking cakey.
-no breakouts! lots of powders clog my pours or cause blemishes, this one has yet to do any of that.
-i can only find ELF online or at my local target. But my target always has it in stock and if worse comes to worse I could always order it. I always keep some of this stuff on hand!