e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The powder is completely transparent on your skin and does a great job of mattifying and blurring. It doesn't get any better than this!

on 10/17/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Do not bother. I decided to try it because I was using NYX but am always looking for something a little softer + more blotting because I'm oily + wear my makeup for stage which is sweaty. This was basically like putting gritty chalk on my face. It stuck to certain areas, left me white + patchy + didn't do its job. I had no idea powder could be this bad.

on 10/13/2017 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Very mattifying and does help makeup last longer, but very drying, cakey looking and messy to use. Highlights dry patches. Didn't work for me at all! Not one for dry skin. Maybe better for oily skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I never write reviews, I like to read them, but I can't help writing this one to point out that the newly packaged powder is also a new formula. The old formula is gone, this new one has now talc as well as several other ingredients, it is an entirely new kind of powder and performs NOTHING like the former one. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this incredibly important difference.

Ok so the packaging is now different and better etc, but what about the actual product? It's not the same anymore!!! I'm so disappointed, because this powder used to be my HG powder. it was just perfect for my skin in every way. It had just 3 non-irritating, non-drying ingredients (perfect for my sensitive skin), it was a great price and I didn't mind the old packaging at all. The 1 star is for the new powder, but the old version was a 5 star for me.

What pisses me off is everywhere online, including the elf website they still use the photo of the old product. I bought my last 5 pots of this powder from the elf website last november 2016 and to my surprise and great disappointment I received the new product, which I didn't like at all. I emailed them asking why had they not bothered to let people know this was a new version, why had they not changed the photo or description of the powder on their website, and they completely ignored me. They just replied I could return the products. As of today they still use the old photo of the old powder, and the ingredient list is still the one for the old powder!!! That's how much they care.

In case someone out there is interested, the new ingredient list is: Aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, silica, dimethicone/vinyl dimethiconcrosspolymer, talc, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, capryl glycol. The old powder's ingredient list was: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate.

What surprises me the most is to not find any reviews of anyone who feels the same way as I do about the disappearance of the old powder, not even here on makeupalley. Really is there no-one out there whose skin notices the huge difference between the two formulas? So odd to me.

I've been trying to buy stock of the old powder on ebay, iherb, etc but I always have to ask whether it's the new or the old powder, because they all use the old photo and even the old ingredient list that comes with the description of the powder hasn't been modified. Fortunately I did buy 20 of them last November from iherb, when they still had the old version. But I'll run out sooner or later and although I've been searching I still haven't found a replacement. If anyone has any good suggestions I'd love to hear about them, do contact me please. I don't know what I'll use when I run out. I have very sensitive, pale, delicate, combination skin with dry areas around my eyes and lips, and this powder used to be perfect for my skin.

If anyone knows where I could still buy the old powder please let me know I'll be more than happy to purchase it (although I won't pay a ridiculous price for it). Thanks!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Okay you guys asked and they delivered - I was just at the drugstore looking to get this and they repackaged it!

It's no longer in the big black square container. It's a smaller, round container with a clear bottom (where the powder is) so you can see how much you have left. It has a one-sided sifter so less product will come out AND a circular slider on the sifter so you can close it off completely if you wanted. Comes with a puff that fits neatly over the new sifter contraption. On the inside of the lid, it says "pour product here" and the product comes out very neatly this way. Overall, I think they successfully addressed the concerns everyone had with their old packaging. I do think you might get somewhat less product in total now, however.

The powder itself is awesome as a setting powder for the T-zone and undereyes. I find it minimizes creasing and really keeps oil at a minimum during the day. It also sits on the skin in a very flattering way, where it blurs pores and creates a veil over the skin. I haven't experienced any dryness or whitecast on my skin (NW20).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this item because of the great reviews on this site - huge mistake. I know it's only a few dollars but damn. Not even worth that. Firstly, the powder is inconsistent and not all finely milled. There were some large pieces of powder that my brush just could not pick up. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is terrible and very messy. I put this on and it left a very noticeable white cast over my entire face and even seemed to suck up some of the coverage of my very high coverage foundation (Urban Decay's All Nighter) to the point where I could see the redness in my cheeks poking through. I also tried baking my under eye with this product and it actually caused some sensitivity and discomfort to my under eye area. Overall, I know we try to save money where we can with makeup and find good drug store dupes but I'm gonna stick with my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. I actually apologized to my skin after using this.

on 12/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

this product works great and does the job u expect it to do. it feels so nice on your face . I love it. I love how affordable it is. I use it to bake under my eyes. great product!!

on 8/2/2016 12:45:00 AM

This stuff worked so well and set my foundation in place! I have oily skin and this kept my makeup looking matte for about 6 hours, but then I needed to add more. The packaging is alright, I don't use the applicator is comes with because it seems cheap so I just use my beauty blender. Also very messy since you have to try and get the product out of the holes and not over everything else! Overall great for the price!

on 4/17/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works well for me considering I have very oily skin. It lasts for a while on my face and does a nice job in giving me that matte finish. All in all I think I'll continue to purchase this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a good setting powder for oily skin. A majority of the time, I like to bake my face just to reassure that my makeup is set since I do have oily skin. The price is amazing for the amount of product you receive and how well it works. I recommend this product for those who are starting out with makeup or don't want to pay a lot of money for other setting powders sold at Sephora.