E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

on 8/10/2017 6:06:00 AM

I have already repurchased this powder.

Cheap, blurs pores, smoothes texture (great for undereyes) and controls oil on my face. I use very little, so haven't experienced any powderiness or flashback issues. Like it a lot, and for the price I'm sticking to this product

on 6/28/2017 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the shade "corrective yellow".

As a warm toned/tan gal, this powder is a must for me. It's a bit too dry for under my eyes (though to be fair my undereyes are hecka dry), but for my face, it's marvelous. It absorbs my oil and keeps me matte noticeably longer. It smooths out my skin after foundation and helps to blur pores and make them less noticeable. The yellow tone adds a subtle hint of warmth and helps to correct the tone of foundations that are too neutral for my skin tone. I don't think it's strong enough to correct a cool toned foundation, but I wouldn't buy a cool toned foundation either way. It's a really good value. I noticed a lot of similarities between the ingredients listed in this powder and the ingredients in the UD Velvetizer, which is advertised as a mix in medium. So I attempted to mix this in with my favorite foundation, and it actually looks pretty great. Go figure.

I will say though, the packaging is way too huge. It's also very messy, even for a loose powder. I just peel off only half of the sticker covering the little holes in the sifter (is that what it's called?) and snip it off, so only half of the holes are exposed. This makes a huge difference and reduces the kick-up when you open the jar by a lot.

I bought this since so many people suggested this powder. I've been using this powder alternately with my Mac loose finishing powder.
Somehow I still like the finish my Mac powder gives, it feels smoother. If you look at the powder particles, you can tell that Mac is more finely milled.

The upside is this powder is priced at the fraction of Mac powder. The price is the main reason why I tried this powder at the very first place. For the given price point, I would say the quality does not disappoint. Unless you're nitpicky like me, you probably won't really notice the difference between the two products.

I am absolutely not a fan of the packaging and the puff, it's not compact, it's not handy and when you try to open it, you can almost finish half of the powder (with half of it goes flying around your room, leaving white powdery cast).

I would re-purchase if I can't find better substitute or when I can't afford the Mac powder.

on 11/21/2015 11:29:00 PM

Hey its cheap! But it is the most disgusting powder I have ever used during my lifetime. This product sucks! I tried applying this over my face and it makes you look so cakey and horrible, I only use it to matify my lipstick and thats all! Horrible horrible product. Would not recommend at all, please listen to me and dont buy this. Also I never write reviews but for this I did. I used this product once and had to remove off all my makeup and try again, absolutely horrible.

on 6/17/2015 6:22:00 PM

I'm a little bit confused with its name because some said sheer is pinkish, and this powder's name is "clear" but still everyone call it "sheer".

Ok, first, I have no comment about the price since it was a gift. The package has a luxury appearance but only good to showcase on the makeup desk, not in lady's purse since it's too big. The powder is well packed under a plastic tray which stick out a sufficient amount on the fluffy cotton pad to pat on the face without feeling cakey. Coverage is superb, I rarely use concealer/foundation but only a light moisturizer then this one, and it gives me kind of a natural flawless look.
If you have a very oily face, I highly recommend this one, it absorbs the oil on the T-zone and keep it shine-less all day. You can also use it as a finished touch after all the makeup steps.

on 4/19/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this at a sale a few months back and have been using it quite often on my tzone. It's a very fine powder, but I wouldn't say it's a dupe for the MUFE HD powder, it can leave quite a white cast if you don't blend or buff it in. The amount of product that comes with it seems quite little, but then again you get what you pay for. I like the packaging design but it's a pain to get the powder out, there's quite a wastage of product there. Other than that, I quite like this powder, it sets, it's mattifying, looks great in pictures. I have read reviews that it's difficult to pick the product up with a brush cos of the silicone content/it's better to use the puff that comes with it, but I prefer using a brush. Overall a 3.5/5!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't usually like powder makeup but this is amazing! Just make sure to take care of how much is picked up on your brush. With the right amount, my highlighting looks subtle but natural! It lasts for a long time as well and controls my oily skin.
There's a lot of this powder in the package too! I've had mine for 3 years and I've used it almost whenever I put on makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own it in both the Translucent color along with the Yellow neutralizing shade as well. I do not take off the plastic that is on top of the holes where the powder comes out. Instead I only pull back half the plastic tab to expose some of the powder from coming out, and then when I am finished i make sure to press down on the plastic seal to make the powder is compketely sealed from spilling out.

With Hd powders that are not to be used like regular powders. They can either be applied all over the face or only where you get shiny. You don't need to apply alot or you might end up looking pasty looking. And, i definitely do not recommend wearing them, when flash photography will be involved at all.

i do consider them to be a good buy, it is just that you have to know how to apply them correctly is all.

on 3/28/2014 2:50:00 PM

Singapore did not have this till much later thanks to watsons! But even so, the price in us is so much different than in SG! In watsons, it costs 19.90 SGD. Luckily for me, I got it beforehand online for 12.50SGD. Even so.. I was quite disappointed considering it's not alot of product inside. Well at least not as much as I was convinced it was. I don't really like the powder puff too. Cause I much rather use my kaubuki brush instead. The puff takes too much of product too. I tried using the puff before and my makeup transferred to it... Which grosses me out for some odd reason but it's just me. My makeup does not seem to last any longer and it seems to to create a slight white cast if I put too much accidentally. Essentially it's just a dupe for mufe hd powder. However I will still stick with this till I find the setting powder for me!

on 3/20/2014 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love everything about this powder. Sets me beautifully and keeps me matte all day. SO affordable and I absolutely love the feel and look of the packaging. I will be re-buying and most likely stock this up :)