E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

on 8/23/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know if it's me but I always end up with cakey makeup with this loose powder. The powder is not fine enough and makes it harder for me to buff out. Overall its okay but I think there are better alternatives like Milani Loose Translucent Powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay you guys asked and they delivered - I was just at the drugstore looking to get this and they repackaged it!

It's no longer in the big black square container. It's a smaller, round container with a clear bottom (where the powder is) so you can see how much you have left. It has a one-sided sifter so less product will come out AND a circular slider on the sifter so you can close it off completely if you wanted. Comes with a puff that fits neatly over the new sifter contraption. On the inside of the lid, it says "pour product here" and the product comes out very neatly this way. Overall, I think they successfully addressed the concerns everyone had with their old packaging. I do think you might get somewhat less product in total now, however.

The powder itself is awesome as a setting powder for the T-zone and undereyes. I find it minimizes creasing and really keeps oil at a minimum during the day. It also sits on the skin in a very flattering way, where it blurs pores and creates a veil over the skin. I haven't experienced any dryness or whitecast on my skin (NW20).

on 8/7/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very good basic powder. I always end up buying this because you get a ton of product for only 6$. It is a bit drier on my skin which is why it isnt my favorite powder.

on 7/21/2017 3:38:00 PM

This was the first loose setting powder I tired and it wasn't all that bad. The powder itself is good for baking and setting foundation/concealer. Something I didn't like about this product is the price. For $6 you get .28 ounces. Since this is a loose powder, it can be very messy, which means you waste more product. I recommend the Cory Airspun Translucent powder instead. It costs just under $6 at Walmart and comes with way more product, and in my opinion, it's better quality. It comes with 8 times more powde rthan the ELF one.

on 6/8/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A simple and straight forward translucent powder. I think that's all you can really ask for at this price point.

I agree that the packaging isn't ideal, but it's mostly controlled by keeping the sponge in the top. It flies everywhere when I try to use a brush, so I use the puff to apply it then a brush to blend it out/sweep away excess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It stays on for hours which is what you want in a powder, it sets lovely under the eyes also. However, I've noticed that in other areas of my face the powder emphasises and clings to dry patches.

on 3/12/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a no-frills loose powder. I like it for setting my makeup. I don't find it uneven, but I saw a number of other reviews that mentioned that. I agree the packaging is not great - I keep the sponge in it to prevent the powder from getting all over the place.

on 3/12/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a good product considering price and look of the skin after application. Packaging is not so good, but considering the price, product is good. For somebody on budget this is worth trying.

Compared to ben/nye luxe powder or other high end powders, this one doesnt change the foundation color and adds a nice sheen to your undereye. Only con is that the packaging sucks

Very good traslucent powder for the price. It makes your skin very silky.