E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 30-35
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

3.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I'll start off with the packaging. It comes in a black box like container that twists off and on. On the inside there is a powder puff and there is a sifter to keep powder from making a mess. The package is kind of big and bulky so its not really good for putting in your purse. I am ok with the packaging. So the powder I have is the white translucent one. I really really love this powder. I use it to set my entire face (I am light skinned) after applying foundation and concealer. At first when I put it on, you can see it on my face but then it just melts into my skin. And you can't even tell I have powder on my face. I do not get a white cast at all. The powder is very finely milled. It feels so soft and velvety. This is the best powder I have ever used. I do not know what I would do if this was ever discontinued. This is something I use everyday. This makes my makeup look flawless. It helps my foundation and concealer stay in place ALL DAY LONG. I use a large flat kabuki brush and just press it into my skin. It has no odor to it at all. You also get a lot of product. I only paid $6 so it is so affordable. This is a permanent staple product in my makeup bag and routine.

on 5/23/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Whatever is in this product, works better than I have tried so far for my shiny face. Love this. The fact that it's cheap, keeps me matte, and is also TALC-FREE (sensitive skin) - puts this at the top of my HG powder list. Like others have mentioned, they could put it in a different applicator. The container is horrid. However, I do like that it's sheer - with absolutely no color in the powder.

++++++++++++++++++++
Edit: still using this - and love it. Best sheer powder I've found so far that is talc-free. I love that it has no color to it (sheer) - I've found some translucent powders (like physicians formula) aren't really translucent, but make you tan or orangey. Love this stuff. Just to add - I dabbed some of this powder on at 9AM just after getting to work - and it is now 3:55PM -- summer - and I have not ONCE had to blot my skin for oil or greasiness, and I live in a humid, hot climate that normally, by the end of the day, I've usually had to blot my face a couple of times by the end of the day. This stuff works better than any non-shine powder I've seen (drugstore). Grab this stuff, gals. It also has not broke me out (talc-free), I've been using it for over a week. Also note, I have not worn anything on my face make-up-wise other than this powder (no foundation/bb cream), so I am not sure how the greasiness factor would hold up over something under it.

Edit: Coming back to add that I'm STILL using this powder almost every day - mostly at work or if I'm going out - and NO BREAKOUTS (I have super sensitive skin/cystic acne prone). I've been using it now since May - going onto my 4th month solid of using this with no issues. This is, by far, the best powder I've found that controls my shiny face while using a topical acne treatment (I use BP). Since it also is so fine - it does a great job of blurring my imperfections just enough that I don't wear foundation. I never wear foundation because it bothers my skin that much - but this stuff just is my go-to makeup product of all time. Shine free, finally.

on 11/10/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this and have been using it for three days now. I have large pores on my cheeks and oily skin. People are complaining about it not doing anything for oil. Uh, it doesn't say it is an oil control powder. So you can't complain about claims a product never made. I pat it on with the puff it comes with after my foundation and then use a skin tone matching powder over everything. I see complaints that this powder is messy. Really? All you do is keep the puff in the top, turn the container over to get the powder onto the puff, , remove said puff and blot onto your face. No mess. If you're using a powder brush and sifting powder into the cap well then yeah, you'll have somewhat of a mess but nothing serious. I have no had any messes when using this powder. I don't feel like my skin is perfect after using the powder but for $6 I think it does a nice job of creating a softer look. I'd recommend this for people on a budget or those that just don't wanna spend the amount that MUFE or Laura Mercier costs.

on 9/3/2015 8:20:00 AM

I hate to say this, but this stuff was terrible. I bought it for adding to my freelance kit as I do a lot of bridal make up. During a trial I put this on the bride, took a few photos and couldn't believe how white my bride looked. I use Revlon CS foundations and have never had a problem before and I've used various setting powders before as well with no problem. I could actually see and feel the balls/grains of this stuff sitting on her skin. I promptly chucked this in the garbage.

I love how this feels on my skin. The packaging is too big to travel with. You have to be so careful because it can get messy. I use this to set my concealer every morning. It's an amazing product for the price.

on 6/7/2014 5:33:00 AM

I love this product! I buff it in with a kabuki brush and it gives my skin a great finish with no powdery residue. It keeps my t zone skin matte all day so I just carry oil sheets with me if I need the occasional bit of shine control rather than re powdering.

The packaging is nice but not practical and I would decant this into a smaller tub if I wanted to take it with me. Really good value for money, my favourite powder ever.

on 8/9/2013 1:02:00 AM

This is fantastic setting powder! It's so finely milled that it feels like silk on the skin. It also matifys the skin beautifully. The only problem I have is the packaging- it's a bit messy. But not enough that I would stop using it! Definitely recommended!

on 3/19/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Update: I ended up hating this powder. Way too drying. Waste of money. Doesn't come close to MUFE or MAC Prep & Prime.
This is an alright setting powder, but I don't like it as much as my MAC Prep & Prime. It's nice to have a cheap alternative on casual days, however.

on 7/18/2011 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Yes, the packaging is messy. But the powder just enhances my skin so well over my foundation. It will slightly lighten your skin only if you use too much. I will continue to purchase this but I really wish e.l.f. would let Target carry this in-store so I wouldn't have to pay for shipping!
Edit: I have gone back to Bare Minerals foundation and this just doesn't look as good on top of that as Mineral Veil does.

on 4/18/2011 11:46:00 PM

Who knew drugstore makeup could be this good? I have used Laura Mercier, Clinique, Ben Nye, and countless other powders but this one is my favorite. The consistancy is very soft, velvety smooth. It gives the skin a brightening quality without making it shiny. It didn't settle into my lines and I always get a dry patch by the corner of my mouth and this powder didn't accentuate it at all! This powder is awesome. I have dry skin so I don't need this for oily skin. I'm really pale so white powder doesn't bother me. I used this on my niece's, who are half hispanic. It didn't make them look paler. It just melds into the skin to create a soft, matte yet bright finish. It's hard to describe. I'm really impressed. This sells for $6 but I got mine online for $3 because they had a 50% off sale.