E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

3.9

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

4.5 stars
I bought this in Sheer over a year ago and use it regularly, and I still have well over half left. So you definitely get your money's worth with this product. Also, it's so finely milled that it doesn't get that weird shimmery or cakey look that some of the more expensive HD powders can get.

I knocked off a half star because it does get messy when it collects around the edges of the lid due to the way its packaged, and it can also be super easy to over apply.

* In order to not over apply this, I dip a brush into the powder and shake off the excess product into the lid. Then I use a DIFFERENT brush to swirl inside the lid and pick up just enough to swipe over my face lightly. This method prevents me from looking like a clown, and works like a charm with other loose powders as well. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Great setting powder. This and the Airspun loose powder translucent extra coverage have been the best so far for my oily skin.
So far these have been the best even compared to many high-end brands.

Right now I am preferring the other one to this because it seems to help with my oily skin a bit more and the product last longer too.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

So far these have been the best even compared to many high-end brands.

I love how this feels on my skin. The packaging is too big to travel with. You have to be so careful because it can get messy. I use this to set my concealer every morning. It's an amazing product for the price.

on 3/27/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I so happened to run across this product while at Target and was like, NO! REALLY?! So I decided to pick it up, not much of a gamble for 6 dollars.

Let me tell you, this is some pretty amazing stuff. It is so smooth to the toucch and gives ur make up a nice finish. Usually I wear some sort of primer, or just my cocoa butter swivel stick as primer, then I use timted moisturizer, usually E.L.F Studio Tinted Moisturizer, then finish it off with this powder and all I can say is wow!

Aside from the packaging, I have no other complaints about it. I just empty it into another sifter jar

on 9/16/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product was a "eh", for me. I tried to love it, but it wasn't happening for me. I'm a did hard bare minerals fan and this just doesn't compare for me. It seemed really grainy and didn't blend well. It also make my face itch like crazy. Excited for the ladies it works for, but unfortunately I'm not one of them.

on 4/20/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to buy this powder. While I was shopping with my mother i saw it Burlington Coat Factory. So decide to buy not expecting much. Since i had read good and bad reviews on it. But man I was really happy that i did. After I moisturize and primer my face. I do my foundation, concealer,bake my concealer, powder , blush and then i apply the hd powder. I apply it with a kabuki brush to smooth everything out and blend everything together. And this looks this nice on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product- it helps set my liquid foundation well, and I barely need to blot midday with this on. My skin looks photoshopped in pictures when I wear this. I avoid the white cast by applying very lightly.

The only minor gripes I have are:

- the packaging could be improved upon, like a lock-and-go thing that bare minerals has on their foundation/veil.
- I can't be sloppy/lazy with concealer. If I don't blend well before using the powder, the powder settles heavily on top of the concealer and it looks splotchy.

on 9/28/2010 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This makes my skin very dry, specially around the mouth.
I will not put this on my face again.

It is good for ppl who have very well moisturized or oily skin, but for some one with very dry skin like it was a nightmare...

on 9/22/2010 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is NOTHING like MUFE or MAC's P&P powder. This is not milled finely enough to give the same effect. This actually accentuated flaws! It caked under my eyes and made my skin look oily. Yuk. You would be better off just buying any other cheap powder cause at least that one would mattify. Total fail. At least it was cheap.