E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.2

on 8/10/2017 6:06:00 AM

I have already repurchased this powder.

Cheap, blurs pores, smoothes texture (great for undereyes) and controls oil on my face. I use very little, so haven't experienced any powderiness or flashback issues. Like it a lot, and for the price I'm sticking to this product

on 6/28/2017 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the shade "corrective yellow".

As a warm toned/tan gal, this powder is a must for me. It's a bit too dry for under my eyes (though to be fair my undereyes are hecka dry), but for my face, it's marvelous. It absorbs my oil and keeps me matte noticeably longer. It smooths out my skin after foundation and helps to blur pores and make them less noticeable. The yellow tone adds a subtle hint of warmth and helps to correct the tone of foundations that are too neutral for my skin tone. I don't think it's strong enough to correct a cool toned foundation, but I wouldn't buy a cool toned foundation either way. It's a really good value. I noticed a lot of similarities between the ingredients listed in this powder and the ingredients in the UD Velvetizer, which is advertised as a mix in medium. So I attempted to mix this in with my favorite foundation, and it actually looks pretty great. Go figure.

I will say though, the packaging is way too huge. It's also very messy, even for a loose powder. I just peel off only half of the sticker covering the little holes in the sifter (is that what it's called?) and snip it off, so only half of the holes are exposed. This makes a huge difference and reduces the kick-up when you open the jar by a lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It stays on for hours which is what you want in a powder, it sets lovely under the eyes also. However, I've noticed that in other areas of my face the powder emphasises and clings to dry patches.

on 3/12/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a good product considering price and look of the skin after application. Packaging is not so good, but considering the price, product is good. For somebody on budget this is worth trying.

on 4/17/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works well for me considering I have very oily skin. It lasts for a while on my face and does a nice job in giving me that matte finish. All in all I think I'll continue to purchase this product.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

4.5 stars
I bought this in Sheer over a year ago and use it regularly, and I still have well over half left. So you definitely get your money's worth with this product. Also, it's so finely milled that it doesn't get that weird shimmery or cakey look that some of the more expensive HD powders can get.

I knocked off a half star because it does get messy when it collects around the edges of the lid due to the way its packaged, and it can also be super easy to over apply.

* In order to not over apply this, I dip a brush into the powder and shake off the excess product into the lid. Then I use a DIFFERENT brush to swirl inside the lid and pick up just enough to swipe over my face lightly. This method prevents me from looking like a clown, and works like a charm with other loose powders as well. :)

on 2/21/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This works good! It sets my under eye and I like it for the price however it leaves the more horrific white cast in flash photography. Wear this during the day but if you are going anywhere at night where you will be photographed steer clear. Other than that it's still great for daily use

on 11/18/2015 12:43:00 PM

This stuff is amazing! Doesn't cake up, holds make up for a long long time! I've been wearing my make up for more than 10 hours today only touched up with this powder once. My makeup still looks so fresh! Doesn't look heavy either and it's so CHEAP! Love! Would recommend to everybody!!!

on 9/4/2015 12:37:00 AM

Great product for setting under the eyes. But you have to be very careful or the product will go everywhere. This can be very very messy but a lot of translucent powders are like that anyway.. For just 6 bucks it's a great buy. Great for people with oily skin, and for dry skin people I recommend using a little bit of this just for the eyes and to be careful with it. But overall a great product

I bought this product on a whim, one evening at Superstore (when I was supposed to be buying groceries but wandered into the makeup area ahem) for $8 CAD for 8 grams. I'm NC30 and this blends beautifully into my skin. I think the packaging is bulky but the stuff inside is amazing. My previous HG setting powder was the Laura Mercier loose setting powder which I've stopped reaching for since purchasing this. I take the Real Techniques powder brush and pick up a small amount of product and apply it to my t-zone. My face is a little shiny after nine hours. FYI, don't rip all of the plastic sticker off when it's new, just cut a small portion to reduce creating a big mess every time you use this. I love this so much and will repurchase if I ever run out.