e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

Packaging:

To be honest nearly all of them have the same packaging a plastic jar with a lid and a different name on it. I even think it’s the same company who is creating them

Longevity:

It does what it should it keeps my makeup on and prevents it from running of my face. The powder is very fine and soft which I do enjoy!

I also would recommend using less powder since it will give you the best finish! I do not like to bake with it because it will show dry areas on your face, but it still does a good job and keeps the makeup flawless all day long!

Pros:

- It feels smooth similar to silk.
- Keeps my makeup stay put during the day whole day (I live in the tropics we have 30-40degrees!)
- Mattifies my skin and gave it a very smooth finish.
- Able to close the opening part from the jar + lid to keep and protect the powder from losing some of it.

Cons:

- $16aud for about 8g of product isn’t cheap and isn’t crazy expensive but I thought that I would get more product for that price as I read lots of people saying that it’s so cheap and it’s good value for that price. I don’t think it is!

All in all I am very happy with this product, it can’t compete with the Kryolan HD powder which is in my opinion the best translucent powder that you can get..

However, I do think that the product can compete with most high end products and to be honest it does a really good job for the price!

on 12/26/2018 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This product is finely milled, and it does not leave a white cast on me (I'm a NW20-25). It does not look cakey, but it does not control the oil in my T-zone very long, approx. 3-4 hours.
The product comes in the old black bulky packaging. It can be messy if you peel completely the seal off (if you only punch a few holes, it will be it easier for you to use it without all the fuss)

on 8/19/2018 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I don't use much powder on my face, dry/sensitive skin. Recently I saw a tip online (Wayne Goss) recommending using no-color powder to enhance blending of eyeshadow. I already had this (Sheer) so gave it a whirl, and it works great! I usually apply just a bit of this over my eye primer (Ulta Nude Matte) just in the crease area (not on lid or under brows), then matte shadow over it in the crease. Keeps the shadow from grabbing and helps it blend more smoothly/evenly. Goss also states this can be used over problem shadows, and that it can help moderate shimmer. (He uses the RCMA powder.)

The best part is it doesn't affect the color of the shadow placed over (or under) it, unlike a base eyeshadow. My lippie rating is for this specific use, I haven't tried this on my face, I don't need a mattifier.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The powder is completely transparent on your skin and does a great job of mattifying and blurring. It doesn't get any better than this!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging with its small holes makes a huge mess. I do like the softness of the powder but do find it leaves a white cast on my skin. Decent oil control.

on 1/17/2018 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like this powder because it’s lightweight and helps hide my pores. I have very dry skin so I used the NYX hydrating setting spray afterwards. I don’t know if that helps or makes this powder null but i love how I looked at work all day so I will be using this in conjunction with the hydrating primer and NYX Hydrating setting spray. For the price of their products I have nothing to lose. I will recommend this to my friends and buy again. Forgot to mention I didn’t use that puff it came with I actually used a smaller brush and buffed it around my face.

on 1/13/2018 1:39:00 PM

THIS IS NOT THE SAME FORMULA THE INGREDIENTS ARE DIFFERENT. Why ELF did you change the formula? I loved this powder with the old formula. Do not buy the new formula it doesn't blend into the skin and is chalky. Leaves white patches on my face. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA. Trying to find the old formula online. :(

on 10/17/2017 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Do not bother. I decided to try it because I was using NYX but am always looking for something a little softer + more blotting because I'm oily + wear my makeup for stage which is sweaty. This was basically like putting gritty chalk on my face. It stuck to certain areas, left me white + patchy + didn't do its job. I had no idea powder could be this bad.

on 10/13/2017 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Very mattifying and does help makeup last longer, but very drying, cakey looking and messy to use. Highlights dry patches. Didn't work for me at all! Not one for dry skin. Maybe better for oily skin

on 8/23/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know if it's me but I always end up with cakey makeup with this loose powder. The powder is not fine enough and makes it harder for me to buff out. Overall its okay but I think there are better alternatives like Milani Loose Translucent Powder.