E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

3.8

on 12/15/2014 10:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I do like this powder, it's pretty finely milled and does an okay job of setting makeup. makes ur skin feel hella smooth and soft. to be honest I'm not really sure what the point of powder is beyond mattifying foundation/concealer so I can't really tell you how good this product is vs competitors' products simply because it doesn't do much. keeps makeup matte for an okay amount of time, you should expect to have to reapply after two or three hours if u have oily/combo skin. also - not a ton of product! I know it's only $5 but I feel like this stuff doesn't even last a month with daily use. is that normal? I don't wear enough makeup. idk. this is powder. it's not a whole lot different from others I've tried.

on 6/24/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Beautiful as a finishing powder. Leaves my skin looking airbrushed and beautifully natural in texture. It doesn't cling to my dry skin either!! Packaging is awful! The container is large and there's quite a bit of product, but every time I open the lid there's always powder everywhere that just falls everywhere. DO NOT use as a setting powder as this won't hold down your foundation and DO NOT get your photo take whilst wearing this: you'll look as though you set your face with talcum powder and have an awful white cast... As for a finishing powder though great product for a great price.

on 4/13/2014 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This powder gives my makeup an awesome finish and NO white cast surprisingly. Unfortunately my forehead and nose are very oily, so within 2-3 hours shine is already peeking through. But I could definitely see this working for people with skin not as oily as mine. I'll keep looking for my HG powder that will keep me matte all day, but for now I can deal with occasionally stopping at the bathroom to touch up.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I love this with a passion. I recently broke out severely due to hormonal acne, and was desperate for covering. I've had this product sitting on my vanity for a good solid year, and after I applied my (dermatologist brand) full coverage BB, I decided to set it with this. The other powders I tried setting it with made my acne more noticeable, this didnt. I will be turning to this more often now, thanks ELF!

on 8/18/2013 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Wow... so few reviews and this product has been on the shelves for quite some time!
I really like to use this on top of my powder because I find that if my powder is too dark it makes it just a shade lighter and looks amazing! Also on these HOT days, it helps to eliminate sweating and running of my makeup!!
the product is also advertised for taking photos... hints the name HD powder! I have not noticed a differnce in pictures but it works amazing for other reasons!
The packaging could be better... it can get a little messy if you are not super careful. The power is so light weight that the stuff goes everywhere if not handled with extreme caution!!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is a great product for the price you pay. Its a basic translucent powder that helps control oil and set your foundation. I dont care for the packaging very well but dont know how to make packaging better. I use the poof or whatever it is first and just pat the product on and then use my e.l.f. Kabuki to blend it and apply more to my T-zone. This does a good job of controlling oil, but isnt amazing. I will continue to purchase this instead of spending a fortune for nearly the same product in different packaging and a well known brand name. I love how you can apply a ton and it wont get cakey or anything.
Pros:
Price
Controls Oil
Not cakey
Smooth and blendable

Cons:
Packaging is bulky and annoying
Doesnt fully control t-zone oil but what does?

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I've had a couple of bad encounters with ELF products and this one is no exception. The most crippling thing about this product is its horrendous packaging; you'll end up losing more than you'll probably get to use! It does a decent job at setting foundation. The product is very very inexpensive and you get a very good amount (3.5g) of product. But I can not get over the great loss of product I get each time I open the jar. I think if your on a tight budget this a decent product but if you can splurge I recommend looking on here for another product with better packaging.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I'd heard so many good things about this HD powder. I heard it was a dupe for MUFE HD powder. I usually don't use translucent powder - in fact lately I've been avoiding powder. But i really wanted to try this and like it. This didn't make my skin look better or worse; it pretty much had no effect. I used my powder brush, my kabuki, the puff it comes with; I put very little, I built it up; honestly, it had no effect. I really wanted to love this =( Ill keep it around to set my foundation, though i don't feel it really did that either.

EDIT: I've been using this for a few days. With this powder, you have to find a balance of how much you put on. It still looks a tiny bit powdery over foundation, but it does set pretty well. I'm still mixed but I will continue exploring how to use this product. It's not half bad.

on 9/17/2011 2:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I needed a translucent powder to set my makeup, so I bought this.
I was very impressed the first time I applied because it minimized my pores and was good for setting concealer.
However, after 5 hours my nose was really oily! And I don't have very oily skin...The Mineral Booster by E.L.F. is better for controlling shine.
I did like the fact that my concealer didn't budge the whole day, but I was expecting this to also control shine for at least 5-6 hours, which wasn't the case. I am quite disappointed since I heard so many great reviews about this product.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this everyday as the final step in my everyday makeup routine- I dunno what this magical white powder does but my face just doens't look or feel complete without it, it makes my skin look flawless, matte & keeps my makeup on.

I will always repurchase.

The packaging is the only downside as it is so large and can get very messy,but for the price, it's fine.