e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly age: 30-35
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.4

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 1/17/2018 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like this powder because it’s lightweight and helps hide my pores. I have very dry skin so I used the NYX hydrating setting spray afterwards. I don’t know if that helps or makes this powder null but i love how I looked at work all day so I will be using this in conjunction with the hydrating primer and NYX Hydrating setting spray. For the price of their products I have nothing to lose. I will recommend this to my friends and buy again. Forgot to mention I didn’t use that puff it came with I actually used a smaller brush and buffed it around my face.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Im reviewing the Shimmer HD powder. Personally I love it! Yes it has in shimmer particles. I've heard people say they find it glittery... I do not. It's more of a sparkle as this slightly peachy toned powder is extremely finely milled. It's definitely not a pearl sort of sheen. That said, I use this to set my highlighted areas and under my eyes if i want extra drama, just a dusting does the trick, then sweep on whatever highlighter I'm using over this. If I've used a cream highlighter only, i find this is even more perfect as it doesnt reduce the sheen of my highlighter and completely mattify the look like many setting powders tend to causing you to have to go in with a powder highlighter to bring back the glow. That product overload is a recipe for cake face.

This product is not an all over face powder. Absolutely just for areas you want to highlight...center of the nose, cheek bones, under eye, upper lip, chin etc. It is a HD powder so be cautious not to use too much product if taking flash photos or you may experience flashback. Apart from this I have taken beautiful professional flash photos using this powder with no disastrous results. It's also held up wonderfully to full nights of partying and kept me shine free.

I like the look of the packaging. Very cute on my vanity. Makes it appear much more expensive than it is but it does get messy fast because it is such a fine powder. Dont take the plastic completely off the shaker top; cut away maybe just under half of it and keep it up right, and youll be fine. I've put some in a smaller container for travel as it's also not particularly travel friendly packaging due to its bulkiness.

I've also heard people complain about the amount of product it contains for the price ($6) and I have to wonder if they're crazy as I've spent upwards of $40 for similar cosmetics with an equal amount and even less product in it.

All in all, if youre not timid about the use of highlighter products then you will adore this. If subtlety is your thing, then skip this and go for an ordinary translucent HD or other setting powder or opt for Sacha Buttercup powder or Ben Nye if you prefer a bright but matte powder to highlight and set your makeup.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have crazy oily skin and I use this with the Goss method (primer then powder then foundation) and it really keeps my oil under control! It does leave a white cast if you're not careful but my foundation is a smidgen too dark so I am not too fussed about it.

The packaging is awful so I listened to the other reviewers and only punctured a few holes through the sticker rather than remove the entire sticker.

on 3/27/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I so happened to run across this product while at Target and was like, NO! REALLY?! So I decided to pick it up, not much of a gamble for 6 dollars.

Let me tell you, this is some pretty amazing stuff. It is so smooth to the toucch and gives ur make up a nice finish. Usually I wear some sort of primer, or just my cocoa butter swivel stick as primer, then I use timted moisturizer, usually E.L.F Studio Tinted Moisturizer, then finish it off with this powder and all I can say is wow!

Aside from the packaging, I have no other complaints about it. I just empty it into another sifter jar

on 4/20/2013 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been wanting to buy this powder. While I was shopping with my mother i saw it Burlington Coat Factory. So decide to buy not expecting much. Since i had read good and bad reviews on it. But man I was really happy that i did. After I moisturize and primer my face. I do my foundation, concealer,bake my concealer, powder , blush and then i apply the hd powder. I apply it with a kabuki brush to smooth everything out and blend everything together. And this looks this nice on my skin.