e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 30-35
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

3.5

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I'll start off with the packaging. It comes in a black box like container that twists off and on. On the inside there is a powder puff and there is a sifter to keep powder from making a mess. The package is kind of big and bulky so its not really good for putting in your purse. I am ok with the packaging. So the powder I have is the white translucent one. I really really love this powder. I use it to set my entire face (I am light skinned) after applying foundation and concealer. At first when I put it on, you can see it on my face but then it just melts into my skin. And you can't even tell I have powder on my face. I do not get a white cast at all. The powder is very finely milled. It feels so soft and velvety. This is the best powder I have ever used. I do not know what I would do if this was ever discontinued. This is something I use everyday. This makes my makeup look flawless. It helps my foundation and concealer stay in place ALL DAY LONG. I use a large flat kabuki brush and just press it into my skin. It has no odor to it at all. You also get a lot of product. I only paid $6 so it is so affordable. This is a permanent staple product in my makeup bag and routine.

on 3/19/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Almost magical... It has a matte smooth finish, more of a natural 'real skin' appearance. I use this sparingly with a small brush over my t-zone and under my eyes for a no-makeup-makeup look over my invisible zinc sunscreen. Beautiful and affordable!

on 3/5/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I generally use this powder for baking (undereyes, eyelids, around mouth area, between eyebrows) so my foundation doesnt crease. I use maybellines fit me foundation. I really like this powder for day time/everyday use. But DO NOT use if you are going to be taking flash photos, you will have a white cast appear. And the puff thing that comes with it, i dont use it with this loose powder but the days i dont feel like baking i just want to powder my face. Ill take my Stay Matte powder by rimmel and use the puff to press the powder onto my face.

on 11/29/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I know I'm the minority opinion here (but not the only one) but I just found this kind of eh. I bought it because of a big sale they had and wanted to get up to free shipping. Plus I don't have a setting powder so why not. I also got the 'beige/sheer' powder (the one that's marketed as SPF) which I liked better. But then it turned out in sunlight it was too dark and too pink based. Well I'd say this is ok but I like it a little less than ok. I don't hate it. And I love how it's finely milled, but I do have a white cast left over, even when I use just a little. I sort of like that it's white since pale girls need almost white for like under eye or highlight, so that's what I stick to with this. But I couldn't in good concience recommed this to a medium or darker toned person and say it's 'translucent'. It's not.

It's also not like an oil absorbing white/setting powder. I'm sure if I swipe it on while oily it would mattify a bit, but it's not quite enough for that (and especially would leave white behind). I recently tried this over sunscreen but before makeup to keep the makeup less greasy, and it seemed ok. Best use of it so far. Not something I'd go out of my way to get but I might use it up that way. Other than that, I occasionally use this like their under eye white setting powder (and I could probably make a bet that it's the same thing) but it's not something I do often. So no, I wouldn't repurchase it and if a friend wanted it, I'd prob give it to them. I won't throw it away though, just because.

Ugh Just tried it again all over and I forgot how dead it made me look. Going to look for a friend to gift it too (for both of these). I completely forgot about the after suncreen use because I never do it. Too cakey/too much effort.

on 11/22/2015 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

on 11/10/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this and have been using it for three days now. I have large pores on my cheeks and oily skin. People are complaining about it not doing anything for oil. Uh, it doesn't say it is an oil control powder. So you can't complain about claims a product never made. I pat it on with the puff it comes with after my foundation and then use a skin tone matching powder over everything. I see complaints that this powder is messy. Really? All you do is keep the puff in the top, turn the container over to get the powder onto the puff, , remove said puff and blot onto your face. No mess. If you're using a powder brush and sifting powder into the cap well then yeah, you'll have somewhat of a mess but nothing serious. I have no had any messes when using this powder. I don't feel like my skin is perfect after using the powder but for $6 I think it does a nice job of creating a softer look. I'd recommend this for people on a budget or those that just don't wanna spend the amount that MUFE or Laura Mercier costs.

on 12/2/2014 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing!!!!!! Keep sticker on that's covering the holes. Take a pin. Pop out a few holes in sticker. Less mess. Tada!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't understand the hype over this product. Sure it's a good dupe for MUFE, but it's just not doing anything for me.

Pros:
cheap
doesn't leave a white cast

Cons:
Messy
No staying powder
Makes me oily

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Great setting powder. This and the Airspun loose powder translucent extra coverage have been the best so far for my oily skin.
So far these have been the best even compared to many high-end brands.

Right now I am preferring the other one to this because it seems to help with my oily skin a bit more and the product last longer too.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

So far these have been the best even compared to many high-end brands.