E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay you guys asked and they delivered - I was just at the drugstore looking to get this and they repackaged it!

It's no longer in the big black square container. It's a smaller, round container with a clear bottom (where the powder is) so you can see how much you have left. It has a one-sided sifter so less product will come out AND a circular slider on the sifter so you can close it off completely if you wanted. Comes with a puff that fits neatly over the new sifter contraption. On the inside of the lid, it says "pour product here" and the product comes out very neatly this way. Overall, I think they successfully addressed the concerns everyone had with their old packaging. I do think you might get somewhat less product in total now, however.

The powder itself is awesome as a setting powder for the T-zone and undereyes. I find it minimizes creasing and really keeps oil at a minimum during the day. It also sits on the skin in a very flattering way, where it blurs pores and creates a veil over the skin. I haven't experienced any dryness or whitecast on my skin (NW20).

on 6/8/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A simple and straight forward translucent powder. I think that's all you can really ask for at this price point.

I agree that the packaging isn't ideal, but it's mostly controlled by keeping the sponge in the top. It flies everywhere when I try to use a brush, so I use the puff to apply it then a brush to blend it out/sweep away excess.

Eh, this is okay. It's very much a no frills kind of powder.

Pros:
-it's dirt cheap
-cruelty free
-does a pretty good job of setting and mattifying my face
-doesn't break me out
-sturdy plastic jar

Cons:
-It's a loose powder, and it gets EVERYWHERE
-doesn't seem to last me very long because of that

I've been through a few jars of this stuff. Tried different brands from time to time, I find myself coming back to ELF every time.

on 3/1/2017 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Good for the price, the pckaging is a mess but the product looks nice on the face.

on 11/27/2016 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I discovered ELF not long ago I Kmart and this powder was so cheap so I thought I would give it a go! I was sceptical but I actually really like it! I have dry skin and this powder doesn't dry out my foundation and doesn't change the colour of my foundation either (a few 'translucent' powders have been known to do this to me). If I put a lot of foundation on, I find it does sink into my smile lines but aside from that it's pretty much perfect!

on 11/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely finely milled powder that works as well as high end. I have super oily peri-menopausal skin; I use this after my primer BEFORE my foundation, then after to set everything. My makeup lasts so much longer before it breaks down (I get a good 10 hours out of most foundations). The act that it 's super cheap is just an extra bonus.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Only works for baking under the eyes looks horrid allover the face but elf has an actual under eye powder which is way better

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

very fine milled powder , works great for setting my foundation, doesn't make me look pale . it's a great price for what you get i just wish the sifter was a twist shut like bare minerals or even the ulta mineral foundation because God forbid this thing to be tossed around in a hand bag a few times lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I'll start off with the packaging. It comes in a black box like container that twists off and on. On the inside there is a powder puff and there is a sifter to keep powder from making a mess. The package is kind of big and bulky so its not really good for putting in your purse. I am ok with the packaging. So the powder I have is the white translucent one. I really really love this powder. I use it to set my entire face (I am light skinned) after applying foundation and concealer. At first when I put it on, you can see it on my face but then it just melts into my skin. And you can't even tell I have powder on my face. I do not get a white cast at all. The powder is very finely milled. It feels so soft and velvety. This is the best powder I have ever used. I do not know what I would do if this was ever discontinued. This is something I use everyday. This makes my makeup look flawless. It helps my foundation and concealer stay in place ALL DAY LONG. I use a large flat kabuki brush and just press it into my skin. It has no odor to it at all. You also get a lot of product. I only paid $6 so it is so affordable. This is a permanent staple product in my makeup bag and routine.

on 3/30/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am once again amazed at E.L.F. To make such a fantastic finishing powder and sell for such a low cost continues to win my loyalty. Make no mistake about it, this powder is NOT as silky as some higher end ones, but for the price, there is nothing else out there comparable to it in my opinion. There are a lot of reviews about how bulky the packaging is. I kind of like it. I don't travel with it, I leave it on my counter and it looks nice. I also don't have any issue with messy caps or the like, rather I pour a tiny amount into a small container I keep especially for this purpose. I do this with all my loose powders as I find it much easier to dip my brush in and tap off the excess without worrying about cleaning the inside of the cap or rings, etc.

Do not be scared by the stark white look of this product. Use the tiniest amount, seriously, less is more! This powder will indeed blur your pores and help control shine (the oily girl in me loves this quality). If you do want to travel with this or keep with you for touch ups I highly recommend buying one of those small refillable travel bottle kits and pour some in the tiny screw on lid container. This is what I use to dip my brush in at home. The kit is great to pour rose water or other setting sprays into the small spray bottles by the way, which is always handy if you feel you've applied too much powder as well.

The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 lippies is it loses points for the feel when I compare this to It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores which feels so silky and velvety on the skin. But truth be told, this does a better job of shine control and blurring or minimizing appearance of pores than anything else I've used to date. So I will probably repurchase if/when it runs out but that could take some time as there is a ton of product and you use so little.