e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 30-35
e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder

on 1/17/2018 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like this powder because it’s lightweight and helps hide my pores. I have very dry skin so I used the NYX hydrating setting spray afterwards. I don’t know if that helps or makes this powder null but i love how I looked at work all day so I will be using this in conjunction with the hydrating primer and NYX Hydrating setting spray. For the price of their products I have nothing to lose. I will recommend this to my friends and buy again. Forgot to mention I didn’t use that puff it came with I actually used a smaller brush and buffed it around my face.

on 12/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

this product works great and does the job u expect it to do. it feels so nice on your face . I love it. I love how affordable it is. I use it to bake under my eyes. great product!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I'll start off with the packaging. It comes in a black box like container that twists off and on. On the inside there is a powder puff and there is a sifter to keep powder from making a mess. The package is kind of big and bulky so its not really good for putting in your purse. I am ok with the packaging. So the powder I have is the white translucent one. I really really love this powder. I use it to set my entire face (I am light skinned) after applying foundation and concealer. At first when I put it on, you can see it on my face but then it just melts into my skin. And you can't even tell I have powder on my face. I do not get a white cast at all. The powder is very finely milled. It feels so soft and velvety. This is the best powder I have ever used. I do not know what I would do if this was ever discontinued. This is something I use everyday. This makes my makeup look flawless. It helps my foundation and concealer stay in place ALL DAY LONG. I use a large flat kabuki brush and just press it into my skin. It has no odor to it at all. You also get a lot of product. I only paid $6 so it is so affordable. This is a permanent staple product in my makeup bag and routine.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have crazy oily skin and I use this with the Goss method (primer then powder then foundation) and it really keeps my oil under control! It does leave a white cast if you're not careful but my foundation is a smidgen too dark so I am not too fussed about it.

The packaging is awful so I listened to the other reviewers and only punctured a few holes through the sticker rather than remove the entire sticker.

on 5/23/2016 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Whatever is in this product, works better than I have tried so far for my shiny face. Love this. The fact that it's cheap, keeps me matte, and is also TALC-FREE (sensitive skin) - puts this at the top of my HG powder list. Like others have mentioned, they could put it in a different applicator. The container is horrid. However, I do like that it's sheer - with absolutely no color in the powder.

++++++++++++++++++++
Edit: still using this - and love it. Best sheer powder I've found so far that is talc-free. I love that it has no color to it (sheer) - I've found some translucent powders (like physicians formula) aren't really translucent, but make you tan or orangey. Love this stuff. Just to add - I dabbed some of this powder on at 9AM just after getting to work - and it is now 3:55PM -- summer - and I have not ONCE had to blot my skin for oil or greasiness, and I live in a humid, hot climate that normally, by the end of the day, I've usually had to blot my face a couple of times by the end of the day. This stuff works better than any non-shine powder I've seen (drugstore). Grab this stuff, gals. It also has not broke me out (talc-free), I've been using it for over a week. Also note, I have not worn anything on my face make-up-wise other than this powder (no foundation/bb cream), so I am not sure how the greasiness factor would hold up over something under it.

Edit: Coming back to add that I'm STILL using this powder almost every day - mostly at work or if I'm going out - and NO BREAKOUTS (I have super sensitive skin/cystic acne prone). I've been using it now since May - going onto my 4th month solid of using this with no issues. This is, by far, the best powder I've found that controls my shiny face while using a topical acne treatment (I use BP). Since it also is so fine - it does a great job of blurring my imperfections just enough that I don't wear foundation. I never wear foundation because it bothers my skin that much - but this stuff just is my go-to makeup product of all time. Shine free, finally.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is my first experience with an HD powder, and it's alright. There are definitely some issues with it, like the fact that it's not as finely milled as it could be. I see some big chunks sometimes mixed in. The packaging is bulky, but I can live with it so long as I don't have to travel with it, and I don't travel much at this time. I usually use this as an all over setting powder so that my foundation stays in place by doing the swirl, tap, buff method I used for many years with BareMinerals foundation. I put that I would purchase this again, but I may be on the lookout for a better setting powder once I run out of this. Can't beat the price though.

on 11/10/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this and have been using it for three days now. I have large pores on my cheeks and oily skin. People are complaining about it not doing anything for oil. Uh, it doesn't say it is an oil control powder. So you can't complain about claims a product never made. I pat it on with the puff it comes with after my foundation and then use a skin tone matching powder over everything. I see complaints that this powder is messy. Really? All you do is keep the puff in the top, turn the container over to get the powder onto the puff, , remove said puff and blot onto your face. No mess. If you're using a powder brush and sifting powder into the cap well then yeah, you'll have somewhat of a mess but nothing serious. I have no had any messes when using this powder. I don't feel like my skin is perfect after using the powder but for $6 I think it does a nice job of creating a softer look. I'd recommend this for people on a budget or those that just don't wanna spend the amount that MUFE or Laura Mercier costs.

on 9/3/2015 8:20:00 AM

I hate to say this, but this stuff was terrible. I bought it for adding to my freelance kit as I do a lot of bridal make up. During a trial I put this on the bride, took a few photos and couldn't believe how white my bride looked. I use Revlon CS foundations and have never had a problem before and I've used various setting powders before as well with no problem. I could actually see and feel the balls/grains of this stuff sitting on her skin. I promptly chucked this in the garbage.

on 6/11/2015 1:01:00 AM

This powder controlled any oily areas for about 4 to 5 hours,it made my makeup last longer too. The packaging is not the best in my opinion when u open and close the container it spills out over the edges.I think it'd be better in a sifter container so it wouldn't spill out. It's only $6 I'll use what I have but wouldn't purchase again.

on 12/2/2014 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing!!!!!! Keep sticker on that's covering the holes. Take a pin. Pop out a few holes in sticker. Less mess. Tada!