e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The packaging with its small holes makes a huge mess. I do like the softness of the powder but do find it leaves a white cast on my skin. Decent oil control.

on 1/17/2018 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I do like this powder because it’s lightweight and helps hide my pores. I have very dry skin so I used the NYX hydrating setting spray afterwards. I don’t know if that helps or makes this powder null but i love how I looked at work all day so I will be using this in conjunction with the hydrating primer and NYX Hydrating setting spray. For the price of their products I have nothing to lose. I will recommend this to my friends and buy again. Forgot to mention I didn’t use that puff it came with I actually used a smaller brush and buffed it around my face.

on 1/13/2018 1:39:00 PM

THIS IS NOT THE SAME FORMULA THE INGREDIENTS ARE DIFFERENT. Why ELF did you change the formula? I loved this powder with the old formula. Do not buy the new formula it doesn't blend into the skin and is chalky. Leaves white patches on my face. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA. Trying to find the old formula online. :(

on 7/21/2017 3:38:00 PM

This was the first loose setting powder I tired and it wasn't all that bad. The powder itself is good for baking and setting foundation/concealer. Something I didn't like about this product is the price. For $6 you get .28 ounces. Since this is a loose powder, it can be very messy, which means you waste more product. I recommend the Cory Airspun Translucent powder instead. It costs just under $6 at Walmart and comes with way more product, and in my opinion, it's better quality. It comes with 8 times more powde rthan the ELF one.

on 6/8/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A simple and straight forward translucent powder. I think that's all you can really ask for at this price point.

I agree that the packaging isn't ideal, but it's mostly controlled by keeping the sponge in the top. It flies everywhere when I try to use a brush, so I use the puff to apply it then a brush to blend it out/sweep away excess.

on 3/12/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a no-frills loose powder. I like it for setting my makeup. I don't find it uneven, but I saw a number of other reviews that mentioned that. I agree the packaging is not great - I keep the sponge in it to prevent the powder from getting all over the place.

on 2/13/2017 3:13:00 PM

I would give this 2.5 stars if I could. I'm really on the fence about it, leaning to NO. I tried this powder today (not the first time) and it was just awful. I had to wash my face at lunchtime and redo my makeup, it was that bad! I used a puff to apply and it just didn't work.

As others have stated, it's not finely milled so you get some chunks here and there. Applied with a brush, it's just awful unless you have a VERY light hand. Use one of those duo-fiber brushes to pick up only a tiny amount (and none of the chunks), and dust your face lightly. If I do that, I get a very nice, poreless finish. When applying with the puff, a light hand is also necessary, otherwise you end up with a white cast.

The price on this powder is great. The packaging is the worst I've ever seen for such a product. The holes are too big and too much comes out. If it goes in your bag, be careful before opening it cause it will fly all over the place. Not a great powder for on-the-go. I'm going to keep trying with the duo-fiber brush and see if I can get my moneys worth from this. I will not repurchase it, though.

Compared to ben/nye luxe powder or other high end powders, this one doesnt change the foundation color and adds a nice sheen to your undereye. Only con is that the packaging sucks

on 12/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

this product works great and does the job u expect it to do. it feels so nice on your face . I love it. I love how affordable it is. I use it to bake under my eyes. great product!!

on 11/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely finely milled powder that works as well as high end. I have super oily peri-menopausal skin; I use this after my primer BEFORE my foundation, then after to set everything. My makeup lasts so much longer before it breaks down (I get a good 10 hours out of most foundations). The act that it 's super cheap is just an extra bonus.