E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.3

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this item because of the great reviews on this site - huge mistake. I know it's only a few dollars but damn. Not even worth that. Firstly, the powder is inconsistent and not all finely milled. There were some large pieces of powder that my brush just could not pick up. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is terrible and very messy. I put this on and it left a very noticeable white cast over my entire face and even seemed to suck up some of the coverage of my very high coverage foundation (Urban Decay's All Nighter) to the point where I could see the redness in my cheeks poking through. I also tried baking my under eye with this product and it actually caused some sensitivity and discomfort to my under eye area. Overall, I know we try to save money where we can with makeup and find good drug store dupes but I'm gonna stick with my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. I actually apologized to my skin after using this.

on 11/17/2016 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So I bought this to save myself some money (I had been using LM powder) and I love it. I even like it better than the LM powder. I use it to set my concealer & my t-zone. I have oily skin and I find that this keeps me matte as long as the LM powder did. But my favorite thing is that I don't look powdery at all & my skin (including my under eye) feels and looks smooth. The only thing I hate is the packaging because it can get messy real quick but still worth the buy. I definitely recommend if you're looking for a cheaper powder!
Edit (update) - knocking off some points b/c the packaging is just awful. I still like the price point, but I've only been using the powder to set my under-eye concealer. The powder emphasized my skin texture (pores, pimples) in my forehead too much and doesn't have as much oil control as my pressed NYX HD powder. I still like it though and will continue to repurchase!

on 11/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely finely milled powder that works as well as high end. I have super oily peri-menopausal skin; I use this after my primer BEFORE my foundation, then after to set everything. My makeup lasts so much longer before it breaks down (I get a good 10 hours out of most foundations). The act that it 's super cheap is just an extra bonus.

on 4/17/2016 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product works well for me considering I have very oily skin. It lasts for a while on my face and does a nice job in giving me that matte finish. All in all I think I'll continue to purchase this product.

on 11/10/2015 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought this and have been using it for three days now. I have large pores on my cheeks and oily skin. People are complaining about it not doing anything for oil. Uh, it doesn't say it is an oil control powder. So you can't complain about claims a product never made. I pat it on with the puff it comes with after my foundation and then use a skin tone matching powder over everything. I see complaints that this powder is messy. Really? All you do is keep the puff in the top, turn the container over to get the powder onto the puff, , remove said puff and blot onto your face. No mess. If you're using a powder brush and sifting powder into the cap well then yeah, you'll have somewhat of a mess but nothing serious. I have no had any messes when using this powder. I don't feel like my skin is perfect after using the powder but for $6 I think it does a nice job of creating a softer look. I'd recommend this for people on a budget or those that just don't wanna spend the amount that MUFE or Laura Mercier costs.

on 10/1/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Like it! I haven't tried any other hd powder but I like this one!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those products that if you have it, great! If you don't, you're not missing out.
The packaging is bad, it is an absolute mess trying to apply without getting everything around you white as well. If you apply too much you will look powdery/white so be careful of that.
This is a good product, however i would much sooner touch up with a translucent powder, with no mess and half the time required to be careful using this.
I also do not like how it feels on he face, it feels like i am wearing pounds of makeup and i personally do not like that
I will use it until it is gone, but i will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I have really sensitive, acne-prone, very oily skin! After 2 trips to ULTA, an hour each spending asking questions, searching, and feeling discouraged, I walked out with nothing :(. Both times. Then I go to Target and I find this! It doesn't clog my pores, keeps me matte all day, and is so lightweight, I love it! Do you know how hard it is to find a good makeup product that doesn't have harsh ingredients, and doesn't break me out??! This is like heaven! I completely recommend this product! The only issue I have is the packaging. I like the shape, it's very MAC, but I have a hard time getting the powder out without making a mess or pouring out too much. I don't use the puff either, I use ELF's total face brush. :D. I love elf products.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

on 5/8/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i got this powder yesterday in the mail and today is the first day i've used it. i can't comment on any effects it had on my skin long term (however my skin isnt particularly sensitive and in general ive never had a powder which makes me break out or irritates my skin so i doubt there will be any issue with this one), but let me just say i have pretty oily skin and i also work in air conditioned offices for 9 hours a day, and by the late morning my skin is usually an oil slick. im now at the end of my working day and my skin is still as matte as it was when i first put the powder on. ive even tried blotting my skin with a tissue like i usually do and there is nothing coming off onto the tissue whatsoever. when i put the powder on with the little puff that comes in the packaging, it was quite white but i blended it out with a powder brush and the result was perfect. if this powder continues to work as it has today, this powder will be my HG! i love it.