E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay you guys asked and they delivered - I was just at the drugstore looking to get this and they repackaged it!

It's no longer in the big black square container. It's a smaller, round container with a clear bottom (where the powder is) so you can see how much you have left. It has a one-sided sifter so less product will come out AND a circular slider on the sifter so you can close it off completely if you wanted. Comes with a puff that fits neatly over the new sifter contraption. On the inside of the lid, it says "pour product here" and the product comes out very neatly this way. Overall, I think they successfully addressed the concerns everyone had with their old packaging. I do think you might get somewhat less product in total now, however.

The powder itself is awesome as a setting powder for the T-zone and undereyes. I find it minimizes creasing and really keeps oil at a minimum during the day. It also sits on the skin in a very flattering way, where it blurs pores and creates a veil over the skin. I haven't experienced any dryness or whitecast on my skin (NW20).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It stays on for hours which is what you want in a powder, it sets lovely under the eyes also. However, I've noticed that in other areas of my face the powder emphasises and clings to dry patches.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I'll start off with the packaging. It comes in a black box like container that twists off and on. On the inside there is a powder puff and there is a sifter to keep powder from making a mess. The package is kind of big and bulky so its not really good for putting in your purse. I am ok with the packaging. So the powder I have is the white translucent one. I really really love this powder. I use it to set my entire face (I am light skinned) after applying foundation and concealer. At first when I put it on, you can see it on my face but then it just melts into my skin. And you can't even tell I have powder on my face. I do not get a white cast at all. The powder is very finely milled. It feels so soft and velvety. This is the best powder I have ever used. I do not know what I would do if this was ever discontinued. This is something I use everyday. This makes my makeup look flawless. It helps my foundation and concealer stay in place ALL DAY LONG. I use a large flat kabuki brush and just press it into my skin. It has no odor to it at all. You also get a lot of product. I only paid $6 so it is so affordable. This is a permanent staple product in my makeup bag and routine.

on 8/16/2016 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Nice product, close to my HG powder which is the NYX one, but I wish the packaging was different. I have no idea how to improve it as all of the loose powders seem to have this flaw, but if only the packaging weren't so terrible (as in, it gets product everywhere), I'd rate this higher. That being said, there are other loose powders with worse packaging so that part is a universal issue.

Not as finely milled as the NYX powder in my opinion, but truly translucent, which is great. Requires a little more blending than the NYX but not much, and truly does set my makeup for most of the day. Nice product overall.

on 6/24/2016 8:50:00 PM

This was the first loose powder I used to set my makeup. Its ok and you do get a lot of product for the price. It's decent but nothing spectacular. I've since started using coty airspun and think that gives me more of a flawless finish. I still have some elf powder left but probably won't use it up and would not repurchase.

Packaging is terrible, as if it is meant to sit nicely for its entire life and never get tossed in a purse. Found it became cakey and i don't have the oiliest skin ever. The worst is the white cast it creates. I see some have had success but i went back to my MUFE HD.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a good setting powder for oily skin. A majority of the time, I like to bake my face just to reassure that my makeup is set since I do have oily skin. The price is amazing for the amount of product you receive and how well it works. I recommend this product for those who are starting out with makeup or don't want to pay a lot of money for other setting powders sold at Sephora.

on 3/5/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I generally use this powder for baking (undereyes, eyelids, around mouth area, between eyebrows) so my foundation doesnt crease. I use maybellines fit me foundation. I really like this powder for day time/everyday use. But DO NOT use if you are going to be taking flash photos, you will have a white cast appear. And the puff thing that comes with it, i dont use it with this loose powder but the days i dont feel like baking i just want to powder my face. Ill take my Stay Matte powder by rimmel and use the puff to press the powder onto my face.

on 2/21/2016 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This works good! It sets my under eye and I like it for the price however it leaves the more horrific white cast in flash photography. Wear this during the day but if you are going anywhere at night where you will be photographed steer clear. Other than that it's still great for daily use

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

GIRLS. This product is amazing. Not for face, but for LIPS.
I use it on my lipstick after i apply any normal lipstick and it turns matte! It makes ANY lipstick feel like liquid matte formula.dont be afraid of the white, it really does turn translucent.
It makes my lips pretty much last ALL DAY without getting on my teeth. Its so amazing and i hated the drying formula of some liquid lipsticks but this feels so great.
I was like you guys before, i used this on my face and hated it.
But after i discovered it for this use, i will NEVER be without it. It gives my older lipsticks a chance to used again!

Bottom line:
Use to set lipstick to turn matte.