E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin type : Normal
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

on 3/12/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a no-frills loose powder. I like it for setting my makeup. I don't find it uneven, but I saw a number of other reviews that mentioned that. I agree the packaging is not great - I keep the sponge in it to prevent the powder from getting all over the place.

on 3/1/2017 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Good for the price, the pckaging is a mess but the product looks nice on the face.

This is the worst loose powder I have ever used. I decided to try it for "baking" as I've heard many good reviews... and BECER AGAIN!!! First off it looks like baking soda, it leaves a horrible white cast on your face, and it basically sucks up all of the foundation/concealer so the coverage is gone. I'll stick to my cover girl loose powder... this one is SHIT

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried many a loose powder and have rarely been disappointed, but this powder is probably the quickest to use, in terms of mattyfing and setting foundation/contour. It picks up easily and evenly and you don't need to layer it on heavily for it to set the face. It is silica-based, which makes it a little lighter than talc powder and less prone to cakeyness. It creates a very smooth base for your other powder makeup (bronzer, contour, blush) to grab onto and blend out evenly on.
I use a big powder brush or kabuki brush to apply this and "bake" my undereyes with it. It is white, but once blended out it is totally translucent and does not cast a "white mask" over the face like some translucent powders do. It is truly translucent and did help keep my foundation/concealer on my face for a solid 8 hours without it becoming greasy or separating.
The price is very low, and you get a hefty amount of product for the price. I don't use the powder puff included, but sometimes they work well to apply powder evenly so I'll give it a shot next time. The case it comes in is bulky, like all loose powders, but it is a twist-off lid so it feels more secure than other drugstore loose powders.
Overall I am very pleased and impressed with how well this powder applied and how matte but breathable it is. It doesn't look cakey even after hours of wear, so I will definitely continue to use and repurchase!

This ELF Loose Finishing powder is definitely one of my Holy Grail for sure. I have been a MUA for 3 years now, and I first tried Laura Mercier's finishing powder and with me being pale most of the time throughout the year, it was too yellow on my skin. So I decided to go for a white finishing powder instead. I was going to purchase the MAC Prep + Prime loose finishing powder but I read in the ingredients it has talc in it (which laura's did as well) and surprisingly I bought the ELF one because I was out, and decided to give it a a try. For one, it doesn't have talc in it (talc is an ingredient that can be toxic to the body; known to cause ovarian cancer) and it was only $6 vs. $25 or $38.

PROS: -Money Saver! $6!
- Bakes VERY WELL!!!
-GREAT FOR PALE GIRLS!
-Lasts me at least 2 months :)

CONS: None for me personally.

I didn't think I would end up loving this one the most but ELF; you got me hooked <3

Worst product I've used yet. It gives a decent finish, affordable price. But it gives a noticeable white cast, very chalky, way too much shimmer in it. The worst part was I broke out terribly from it, I usually get no breakouts, but when I do I get small pimples, but this gave me deep huge ones, I tried it a few times to make sure and it was definitely from this product. Then it gave me a horrible rash all over my entire face, I had to actually go to the doctor it was so bad. And I used nothing else besides this, so this was the cause. Be careful using this. I'm surprised because the eye powder is good, whatever is in this is very harsh and cheap so please be cautious.

on 3/19/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Almost magical... It has a matte smooth finish, more of a natural 'real skin' appearance. I use this sparingly with a small brush over my t-zone and under my eyes for a no-makeup-makeup look over my invisible zinc sunscreen. Beautiful and affordable!

on 2/20/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this loose powder last year and have been using it ever since. I really love the way this sets my foundation without leaving it looking cakey or powdery. This is a super finely milled powder and it appears white in the container, but it goes on transparent and does not leave a white chalky look to your skin.This goes on silky smooth and after buffing this in, it feels like natural skin. I can't even tell I'm wearing powder this is so light on the skin! It sets my makeup and looks natural on. It does not cover blemishes but it isn't designed to do that anyway. I use a fluffy powder brush to apply this and have never tried the powder puff that comes inside. That little puff is necessary though as I was going to throw it away since I don't use it anyway, but once you put the lid back on and then store this, any movement will disperse the superfine powder through the holes and then you have a mess when you remove the lid for the next use. I discovered that the first time so the powder puff went right back in to keep the powder in the bottom of the container. I've never used the puff for actual application as it just seems like it would apply the powder much too heavily. I don't know though and that is just my opinion. I use this for an everyday natural look and I really like the way it works. It looks natural and not powdery and dry. I have mature skin so I have to be careful with powders as they are not all alike. I like this powder so well, that I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great sheer powder. It sets my face for at least 8 hours (I always reapply if I'm going out after work) The price cant be beat for the amount of product you get. Ive had mine for a few months and havent even made a dent.

UPDATE: I use this to bake my undereye mixed with the HD undereye powder. leaves my undereye smooth and flawless looking all day

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral