E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

3.9

on 8/7/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very good basic powder. I always end up buying this because you get a ton of product for only 6$. It is a bit drier on my skin which is why it isnt my favorite powder.

on 11/27/2016 11:03:00 PM

So, this powder is very mattifying. So mattifying, that it made the fine expression lines on my forehead look like deep, canyon wrinkles. So mattifying that it made my barely-there BB cream look flakey and cakey around my mouth. It seriously aged me 15 years with the lightest dusting to my t-zone and under-eye area. And it also was oddly whitening on me too.

If you are super oily you might like this. If you have normal to oily skin or drier, it will suck the hydration from your soul.

on 9/19/2016 3:05:00 PM

I use this powder mainly to create slip over an eyeshadow base. I start with my primer, usually a paint pot or concealer, and set it with this. Eyeshadow glides on smoothly and as long as I'm using a reliable palette, the colors blend beautifully without making a muddy mess.

I have tried it to set my face and undereye and it really highlights fine lines, even when I set it with spray. The flashback is another downfall. It is extremely messy but when working with powder this fine, it comes with the territory.

I would replace it only if I lost it, because I'll probably never run out. The value on this product is amazing.

on 12/14/2015 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

While I don't have the world's driest skin, I have a problem with things looking dry on it. I also need to really set my face considering I wear a lot of sunscreen and then foundation on top.

PROS: It's white. Say what you want, but being pale, I don't want "transparent" powders with a tint. The undertone is off and I don't need something else than can oxidize. White helps keep your foundation the right tone. The powder is finely milled and smooth, almost slippery feeling.

CONS: This is not for dry skin. It looks powdery, even after trying to blend it a lot. I'm not sure if it's my foundation, this powder, or that COSRX moisturizer which isn't working out as well as it did intially in the long run, but my skin is looking dry and cake. This powder is really not helping either, it is really shine free and it keeps it that way for hours (break down is another story). I find matte powders like this only good on my skin when it's bare or has extremely low coverage products, with foundation or anything else it looks really bad. It's easy to overdo this powder.

OTHER: Really blend it. It can leave grains on the face and the puff is comes with can lay it on super heavy unless you really work it into the puff first.

I can't decide between giving it 1 star or two stars.

I have been using this for about 4 days now and I went by what the reviews said and I used very little but still gives me a ghost look. After about 4hrs my skin is starting to get greasy so it does not last long. The price is great but the product not so much. Maybe if I try mixing it in with some of my compact powder it may work better but alone I wouldn't recommend it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Does a great in minimizing your pores. Also love the packaging.

Pros: The E.L.F. HD powder is a good solution for those looking for a colorless, loose setting powder (like the pro's always recommend) without breaking the bank. When applied correctly (such as gently pressing the power into the skin from the puff and using a kabuki with downward strokes to remove excess) the powder provides a nice setting without imparting any sparkle or excessive sheen to the skin. In short, the texture appears perfectly natural.

Cons: However, applying an appropriate layer of the powder to set makeup can have a slight lightening effect. Also, the staying powder is typical but nothing outstanding.

on 7/7/2012 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I love this product as a setting powder as it seems to reduce look of fine lines and pores. It also gives a soft focused look when used as finishing powder. Warning: A little goes a long way and overuse could come out a bit powdery or ashy but it has never gone cakey on me.

on 3/3/2012 9:48:00 PM

I love this stuff. Used it over the mineral infused foundation primer and flawless finish foundation. It gave me a Chanel makeup look at a fraction of the cost. Flawless about sums it up.

on 7/31/2011 10:46:00 PM

I don't wear primer, foundation, or any of that stuff.. just this powder. Makes my face look flawless and keeps it un-oily (most of the time). It makes my skin feel and look super soft, and a little paler (which I like). If you have normal or oily skin this works wonderfully. If you have combo or dry skin..the powder shows and seems to magnify each and every dry flakey skin spot, which sucks. Moisturize before applying and that helps a bit. Very affordable at only $6! I've tried a few different finishing powders (high end) but I always come back to this one because it works better and is cheaper.