E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

3.9

on 11/27/2016 11:03:00 PM

So, this powder is very mattifying. So mattifying, that it made the fine expression lines on my forehead look like deep, canyon wrinkles. So mattifying that it made my barely-there BB cream look flakey and cakey around my mouth. It seriously aged me 15 years with the lightest dusting to my t-zone and under-eye area. And it also was oddly whitening on me too.

If you are super oily you might like this. If you have normal to oily skin or drier, it will suck the hydration from your soul.

on 9/19/2016 3:05:00 PM

I use this powder mainly to create slip over an eyeshadow base. I start with my primer, usually a paint pot or concealer, and set it with this. Eyeshadow glides on smoothly and as long as I'm using a reliable palette, the colors blend beautifully without making a muddy mess.

I have tried it to set my face and undereye and it really highlights fine lines, even when I set it with spray. The flashback is another downfall. It is extremely messy but when working with powder this fine, it comes with the territory.

I would replace it only if I lost it, because I'll probably never run out. The value on this product is amazing.

on 10/21/2015 10:54:00 PM

I hate that I don't love this... I've been using it over my BB cream and concealer for about 3 weeks.

Cons:
It makes my oily skin look dry in patches, it emphasizes every itsy-bitsy teeny hair I have on my face, it somehow seems to cancel out my concealer and make redness more visible, the packaging is also messy.

Pros:
It's not expensive.

I'm trying to use it up in combination with other powders, because I hate wasting money (even $6)… but I would definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I have been hunting down for inexpensive setting powder. Since I don't have oily skin, I have dry skin some powder make my skin feel dry. I am surprised how nice this one is, doesn't settle in your line or look cakey Since it is a loose powder, what I do. Don't take the seal off. I poke a hole with a needle thru the plastic seal. You can decide how much powder you want dispense out. It make less mess. I do this on all my loose powder or eye shadow.

When I say this has been one of the best beauty discoveries I've made in YEARS, I'm not exaggerating. I dunno how I lived without this stuff. It is absolutely amazing at controlling oil! It's dirt cheap, easily available, and last pretty much all day for me. I will often work 10 or 12hour days, in a mix of heat and sometimes humidity. I sweat, I get gross, I probably get stinky, but this powder stays on my face, keeps me absolutely matte and holds my makeup in place for the better part of 9 hours. I may have to touch up at the very end of my shift when I see a bit of oil peeking though, or if I get really really sweaty, but for the price tag I can live with that. When I pair it with a primer or my Elta MD uv clear sunscreen it will keep me matter for 10 + hours. Just so you know I have oily skin, with a very oil t zone. I've tried both this and the MUFE HD powder. Go with this one. Works just the same and a fraction of the cost. Loveeeee! Cons:the only con this product has is its messiness. You can't really carry it around with you unless you want a huge powdery mess everywhere in your purse. Also I have heard others say that this powder leaves a cast when photographed. I haven't experience this, but maybe watch out when taking photos.

I have been using this for about 4 days now and I went by what the reviews said and I used very little but still gives me a ghost look. After about 4hrs my skin is starting to get greasy so it does not last long. The price is great but the product not so much. Maybe if I try mixing it in with some of my compact powder it may work better but alone I wouldn't recommend it.

Pros: The E.L.F. HD powder is a good solution for those looking for a colorless, loose setting powder (like the pro's always recommend) without breaking the bank. When applied correctly (such as gently pressing the power into the skin from the puff and using a kabuki with downward strokes to remove excess) the powder provides a nice setting without imparting any sparkle or excessive sheen to the skin. In short, the texture appears perfectly natural.

Cons: However, applying an appropriate layer of the powder to set makeup can have a slight lightening effect. Also, the staying powder is typical but nothing outstanding.

on 9/11/2012 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I had my eye on this powder for a while. People told me it was a dupe for MUFE HD powder and i am always looking for cheaper dupes since im on a tight budget. I love how this mattifys my face and gives me a flawless face. I get complements from my friends and they tell me it looks natural. Although i never think face makeup can look complety natural, this does give a great finish and it looks the same throughout the day. It keeps my oily t-zone matte (but nothing has been able go my nose completely). I recommend this for oily skin people. On dry skin, make sure you don't apply if you are flaky and try not to use too much.

on 8/22/2011 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Up until now I had been using Macs Prep and Prime Powder which was great - then I received this ELF HD powder and absolutely love it. It goes on great and doesn't leave a white cast which Macs P&P sometimes did.And plus its very cheap and you get tons more product. Definitely will buy again.

on 7/31/2011 10:46:00 PM

I don't wear primer, foundation, or any of that stuff.. just this powder. Makes my face look flawless and keeps it un-oily (most of the time). It makes my skin feel and look super soft, and a little paler (which I like). If you have normal or oily skin this works wonderfully. If you have combo or dry skin..the powder shows and seems to magnify each and every dry flakey skin spot, which sucks. Moisturize before applying and that helps a bit. Very affordable at only $6! I've tried a few different finishing powders (high end) but I always come back to this one because it works better and is cheaper.