E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay you guys asked and they delivered - I was just at the drugstore looking to get this and they repackaged it!

It's no longer in the big black square container. It's a smaller, round container with a clear bottom (where the powder is) so you can see how much you have left. It has a one-sided sifter so less product will come out AND a circular slider on the sifter so you can close it off completely if you wanted. Comes with a puff that fits neatly over the new sifter contraption. On the inside of the lid, it says "pour product here" and the product comes out very neatly this way. Overall, I think they successfully addressed the concerns everyone had with their old packaging. I do think you might get somewhat less product in total now, however.

The powder itself is awesome as a setting powder for the T-zone and undereyes. I find it minimizes creasing and really keeps oil at a minimum during the day. It also sits on the skin in a very flattering way, where it blurs pores and creates a veil over the skin. I haven't experienced any dryness or whitecast on my skin (NW20).

on 8/10/2017 6:06:00 AM

I have already repurchased this powder.

Cheap, blurs pores, smoothes texture (great for undereyes) and controls oil on my face. I use very little, so haven't experienced any powderiness or flashback issues. Like it a lot, and for the price I'm sticking to this product

on 6/28/2017 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the shade "corrective yellow".

As a warm toned/tan gal, this powder is a must for me. It's a bit too dry for under my eyes (though to be fair my undereyes are hecka dry), but for my face, it's marvelous. It absorbs my oil and keeps me matte noticeably longer. It smooths out my skin after foundation and helps to blur pores and make them less noticeable. The yellow tone adds a subtle hint of warmth and helps to correct the tone of foundations that are too neutral for my skin tone. I don't think it's strong enough to correct a cool toned foundation, but I wouldn't buy a cool toned foundation either way. It's a really good value. I noticed a lot of similarities between the ingredients listed in this powder and the ingredients in the UD Velvetizer, which is advertised as a mix in medium. So I attempted to mix this in with my favorite foundation, and it actually looks pretty great. Go figure.

I will say though, the packaging is way too huge. It's also very messy, even for a loose powder. I just peel off only half of the sticker covering the little holes in the sifter (is that what it's called?) and snip it off, so only half of the holes are exposed. This makes a huge difference and reduces the kick-up when you open the jar by a lot.

Compared to ben/nye luxe powder or other high end powders, this one doesnt change the foundation color and adds a nice sheen to your undereye. Only con is that the packaging sucks

on 12/15/2016 9:50:00 PM

this product works great and does the job u expect it to do. it feels so nice on your face . I love it. I love how affordable it is. I use it to bake under my eyes. great product!!

Very good traslucent powder for the price. It makes your skin very silky.

on 11/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely finely milled powder that works as well as high end. I have super oily peri-menopausal skin; I use this after my primer BEFORE my foundation, then after to set everything. My makeup lasts so much longer before it breaks down (I get a good 10 hours out of most foundations). The act that it 's super cheap is just an extra bonus.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried many a loose powder and have rarely been disappointed, but this powder is probably the quickest to use, in terms of mattyfing and setting foundation/contour. It picks up easily and evenly and you don't need to layer it on heavily for it to set the face. It is silica-based, which makes it a little lighter than talc powder and less prone to cakeyness. It creates a very smooth base for your other powder makeup (bronzer, contour, blush) to grab onto and blend out evenly on.
I use a big powder brush or kabuki brush to apply this and "bake" my undereyes with it. It is white, but once blended out it is totally translucent and does not cast a "white mask" over the face like some translucent powders do. It is truly translucent and did help keep my foundation/concealer on my face for a solid 8 hours without it becoming greasy or separating.
The price is very low, and you get a hefty amount of product for the price. I don't use the powder puff included, but sometimes they work well to apply powder evenly so I'll give it a shot next time. The case it comes in is bulky, like all loose powders, but it is a twist-off lid so it feels more secure than other drugstore loose powders.
Overall I am very pleased and impressed with how well this powder applied and how matte but breathable it is. It doesn't look cakey even after hours of wear, so I will definitely continue to use and repurchase!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have some experience with translucent setting powders but mostly pressed. I wanted something different to try so I picked this up recently at CVS because I had a coupon. Previously, I was using Coty Air Spun which is a great powder but I like to constantly try new things. Coty on the other hand is a talc based powder which I find works better for my skin in the warmer months for keeping my face shine free. However, in the fall and winter, I can get dehydrated so I find a silica based powder like this ELF one better. I'm someone with pretty oily skin so I can get away with using either a talc or silica powder. But, talc can be drying especially if you overdo it. In comparison to my other silica based loose powders which are NARS light reflecting and MUFE HD, I much prefer ELF! I find that the ELF powder provides better oil control than the NARS and MUFE. I especially love using this powder to set concealer as well. My makeup does not budge when using this powder! It's not as finely milled as NARS or MUFE but it's not chalky at all. It still goes on smooth.

I guess I only have three minor complaints. 1. As with most silica translucent powders, it will give off flashback in photos so be mindful not to put too much on. 2. I hate the powder puff. Too bulky and thick. 3. The same can be said about the packaging (too bulky) and I don't care for the screw cap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

First I'll start off with the packaging. It comes in a black box like container that twists off and on. On the inside there is a powder puff and there is a sifter to keep powder from making a mess. The package is kind of big and bulky so its not really good for putting in your purse. I am ok with the packaging. So the powder I have is the white translucent one. I really really love this powder. I use it to set my entire face (I am light skinned) after applying foundation and concealer. At first when I put it on, you can see it on my face but then it just melts into my skin. And you can't even tell I have powder on my face. I do not get a white cast at all. The powder is very finely milled. It feels so soft and velvety. This is the best powder I have ever used. I do not know what I would do if this was ever discontinued. This is something I use everyday. This makes my makeup look flawless. It helps my foundation and concealer stay in place ALL DAY LONG. I use a large flat kabuki brush and just press it into my skin. It has no odor to it at all. You also get a lot of product. I only paid $6 so it is so affordable. This is a permanent staple product in my makeup bag and routine.