e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 10/23/2009 12:16:00 PM

I was excited to try this product, as I just cannot afford the MUFE HD powder. Let me start off by saying that I have a very oily T-zone, and this powder controls my oil ALL DAY! I don't have to use blotter sheets throughout the day when I use this. I do my makeup @ 5 am, and when I wash my face around 7pm, still no shine, amazing! This will definately be a staple in my collection! A MUST HAVE!!!

on 10/31/2009 3:10:00 PM

I've ordered this product a month ago, but my shipment came without this and I wrote to ELF to let them know. I was incredibly relieved when they agreed to resend me this powder instead of reimbursing me. So finally I've given it a try for a couple of days now and have mostly positive things to sa about it.

Firstly, if any of you have their "complexion perfection" powder and hated it, I think you should give this HD powder a chance because it does a great job at absorbing and controlling your oils without caking.

Secondly, it gives a very smooth/velvet touch finish which you would naturally expect from a silica based powder. I haven't taken a picture or gone on film to see if this does indeed give a "soft focus" effect, but from what I can tell by looking in the mirror, my pores are less noticeable.

Now, there's one ding on this product and that is the colour. It's white and supposedly translucent; however, you have to be VERY careful because it's not completely translucent. My strong suggestion is to use it with a delicate hand and MINIMAL product because if you use too much, your face will look like you've buffed white baby powder on. A good trick is to dab a bit of the product with a big fluffy powder brush and pat it on to your oily t-zone. Then remove the leftover product from the brush or use a clean brush and buff your face out. Seriously, a teeny bit of this product can cover your entire face and then some.

Now this brings me to my third positive note, that it's economical in every way. Not only is it incredibly inexpensive ($6 on the website), you only need to use a teensy weensy bit of product every application so this jar will last.

All in all, great product and would recommend to people who have oily t-zone.

on 10/31/2009 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this powder! Its one of my first E.L.F products and I'm so impressed. I just get a little on my big powder brush and buff my face. So easy to use and affordable!

Its white--but when buffed on it sinks into your skin giving it a silk feel. I use this over my concealer or foundation and its gives me a nice soft skin appearance. I gave it a 1 on price because this pot will probably last me for awhile! :)

on 11/6/2009 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this for 50% off so the price was amazing for 3 bucks. This is like the mufe HD powder but ten times better in my opinion. It has silica but also dimethicone which provides a smooth surface. It comes in a sturdy black container with a big puff inside that is totally usable. There's also a sifter to keep the powder from being too messy. I am finding this to be as effective for me as mac blot and is not too ashy for my fair skin. I use the fyrinnae silica gel as a primer with liquid foundation and then this as a setting powder by using the puff and then blending with a big fluffy brush. My skin is flawless for hours longer than without the two silica products. ELF is starting to really impress me with their studio products. A definite recommend.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I dont really know what to make of this product yet. I have never used any other translucent powder, so I have nothing to compare it to, but when I put this on my face over my foundation..I dont see anything different. Is it just suppose to help set your makeup and thats it? Other reviewers said it made them look polished and wonderful after applying, but I didnt notice any difference. And I like how the packaging looks-but it is an awful mess! Everytime I open that thing powder goes EVERYWHERE!! Does anyone else have this problem??

on 11/14/2009 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I think this powder is meant for oily skins.I used it and within minutes my skin felt really tight and dry,it also showed up dry patches on my forehead and nose.It was extremley drying,felt like I had sunburn!
Its probably good for more oillier skin to control shine,what works for some doesn`t for others.It is packaged really nice and has a decent puff with it.Don`t let this review put you off though,if youv`e dry skin be careful.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very NICE! I agree with several users that this is best for oily skins...because it IS pretty mattifying. I think my skin is more combo/oily, and this is suitable for me. I don't notice smaller pores, but maybe I need a higher magnifying mirror or a HD camera to see. So far, I like it for it's mattifying properties. I'll update once I get shot by a camera! :]

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

on 12/18/2009 5:38:00 PM

Totally best when used with a puff instead of buffing it on w/ a brush.
The powder is very white, but blends completely in and it has some crazy slip. (like a super slick feeling)
It seems to really control the oil on my combo/oily face and just gives a super smooth look.
Compared to MAC prep and prime setting powder this one is a no brainer ! Cheaper & gives the same look for sooooooo much less.
Wish I would have found this sooner!

on 12/19/2009 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Perfect! Best finishing powder I've tried. Barely need to touch-up as it controls oil so well. Really minimizes pores and makes skin texture look really smooth. I find that applying with a powder brush works best... but the puff might be good for applying it as a base under foundation for extra oil control. I just prefer a brush because I put it on over foundation and I think the puff picks up foundation (I use mineral) and messes with my coverage more than a brush would.

Also love love love the packaging. Large screw-top jar. Very professional. Great value even though it's pricier than most ELF products at $6. But you should really be using a coupon every time you shop at ELF... I used a 50% off one. Check out retailmenot dot com to see the latest coupon codes for different websites including ELF.

Definitely my new favorite finishing powder!