e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 44-55
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.8

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 11/15/2016 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely finely milled powder that works as well as high end. I have super oily peri-menopausal skin; I use this after my primer BEFORE my foundation, then after to set everything. My makeup lasts so much longer before it breaks down (I get a good 10 hours out of most foundations). The act that it 's super cheap is just an extra bonus.

on 3/30/2016 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am once again amazed at E.L.F. To make such a fantastic finishing powder and sell for such a low cost continues to win my loyalty. Make no mistake about it, this powder is NOT as silky as some higher end ones, but for the price, there is nothing else out there comparable to it in my opinion. There are a lot of reviews about how bulky the packaging is. I kind of like it. I don't travel with it, I leave it on my counter and it looks nice. I also don't have any issue with messy caps or the like, rather I pour a tiny amount into a small container I keep especially for this purpose. I do this with all my loose powders as I find it much easier to dip my brush in and tap off the excess without worrying about cleaning the inside of the cap or rings, etc.

Do not be scared by the stark white look of this product. Use the tiniest amount, seriously, less is more! This powder will indeed blur your pores and help control shine (the oily girl in me loves this quality). If you do want to travel with this or keep with you for touch ups I highly recommend buying one of those small refillable travel bottle kits and pour some in the tiny screw on lid container. This is what I use to dip my brush in at home. The kit is great to pour rose water or other setting sprays into the small spray bottles by the way, which is always handy if you feel you've applied too much powder as well.

The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 lippies is it loses points for the feel when I compare this to It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores which feels so silky and velvety on the skin. But truth be told, this does a better job of shine control and blurring or minimizing appearance of pores than anything else I've used to date. So I will probably repurchase if/when it runs out but that could take some time as there is a ton of product and you use so little.

on 4/28/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a perfect dupe for Make Up Forever's HD powder. It has the same ingredients and looks and feels exactly the same. It works really well and doesn't sink into fine lines and pores. It also smooths and blurs little imperfections. I use it over my foundation (Dior Forever Flawless) and it gives me a beautiful finish. However, if you use too much, you run the risk of looking very pale because the powder itself is white although if you use the correct amount, it's invisible on the skin. So be sparing when applying it. I can't believe I ever spent $30 for the MUF powder when for $6, the ELF powder does the same exact thing! Who knew? I'm so glad I found a makeup guru's tutorial on youtube that recommended the ELF product. And I could swear that there's actually more product in the ELF package. So good benefits all around. I definitely recommend this powder. You don't need to spend more for the same thing:)

on 4/13/2015 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This clear powder is a perfect dupe for Make Up Forever's HD powder. The ELF powder is $6 and the MUF is about $30. They contain the exact same ingredients and look and feel the same. They even contain the exact same amount of product. I have been using the Urban Decay Naked powder, which is tinted and costs $34. I had seen a YouTube review of several dupes and this dupe was included. The makeup guru definitely said not to waste money on MUF powder, that ELF was the exact same product. Well, the next time I was in Target, I bought some and much to my surprise, she was right! I've used both products and truthfully, I could never distinguish a difference between the two. Bravo! My local Target is frequently sold out of the HD powder, so I've ordered it online from ELF, buying several at a time to stock up. This is a great product and works so well. It smooths my skin and sets my foundation and blush and seems to control shine too. Better yet, it's totally invisible! What more could you ask for?

on 3/10/2015 9:56:00 AM

This is a great high def powder for the price. I was using MUFE hd powder and liked it very much. I spotted this Elf powder for cheap and decided to give it a try. I don't think most people would be able to tell the difference between the two. So, I'm very pleased. I will definitely buy again though this is a large container that will last for a long time as I rarely reapply it. I don't have oily skin or shine issues. My skin is normal. This powder gives a nice matte finish without using much. The container isn't bad. I don't toss mine around so it doesn't spill out of the sifter. The powder puff is nice. It's just bulky and the plastic seems cheap compared to other packages but no biggie since it is cheap! Anyway, good stuff!

on 7/3/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really love this powder, its just as good as the more expensive HD powders out there. The only reason its getting 4 lippies instead of 5 is due to the packaging. I hate that the jar doesn't close fully. I can't travel with it without making a mess unless I tape the holes in the sifter. Even daily use causes a loss of product along bottom rim. I don't understand why they can't use a sifter jar that closes fully.

on 1/6/2014 9:38:00 AM

I've used this product for a while now along with the yellow tinted powder for hiding redness and I have been really pleased with the results. You have to work easy on the application of these powders or you will: A: end up looking like a ghost or B: Look like your in liver failure.
I have a goat hair large stiple brush that I use when I apply this at home I tap and blow before I apply and it does a perfect job defusing the powder so it still does it's job but keeps me from over applying product.

The packaging is bulky and not good for travel. I found a travel brush that holds product in a tube on ebay and use that with this product. Again I blow excess away before applying and havent had an issue with getting a ghostly look. It seals all your makeup down and gives it the airbrushed look.

The consistancy on this is silky and right up there with the higher priced HG consealers. You have to go easy on the product or you are going to have issues with the pasty look.
I know that alot would argue this isn't like Hourglass or LM's products but for everyday or those on a budget it does the job really well.

on 9/16/2013 12:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this for setting the concealer under my eyes! It is so fine it doesn't sink into any lines, but really helps to set things all day. I use a very small, fluffy brush, and also go over my forehead and nose. Pretty awesome! I just don't like the screw top as it's kind of time consuming trying to open it, but I will continue to purchase.

on 6/16/2011 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

oh yeah! good stuff. finely milled. great powder. yes sets foundation beautifully. great price. bought a second box when I did not need because of an ELF sale.
Solution to holes. The same I use for all loose powders, just peel the lid half way.
I love the black box