e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive age: 25-29
e.l.f. Cosmetics Studio High Definition Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

on 8/7/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very good basic powder. I always end up buying this because you get a ton of product for only 6$. It is a bit drier on my skin which is why it isnt my favorite powder.

on 4/9/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I just got this yesterday because I had read it was a great dupe for the NARS translucent setting powder. While I haven't purchased an HD setting powder before for reference, I was pleasantly surprised when I applied it over my concealer and foundation. It did give a nice airbrushed look and didn't take much. It also leaves a matte finish but didn't look dry on me. For $6 USD at Target, you can't go wrong with this purchase. I used it on top of Kat von D tattoo concealer and Lock - It Tattoo foundation.

on 10/27/2013 7:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- flawless, matte finish
- doesn't settle into lines
- decent oil control

Cons

- will leave white cast if used heavily
- not as finely milled as NYX

Comments: I like this, but I do prefer NYX more. I find this doesn't control my oil as well and isn't as finely milled. Also, this isn't pure silica powder. That probably explains why I don't get the amount of oil control as I would like to. That being said, it's still a great powder and would probably love it even more if I didn't have another product to compare it to. I still recommend this one and would repurchase if I couldn't get my hands on NYX'S version. It works really well in preventing concealer from creasing.

Will repurchase.

I bought this product on a whim and can't believe how awesome it is.

I have been using it to set my under eye concealer and my t-zone, and it works fabulously.

Its silky and smooth, and doesn't make my skin look ghostly.

I wouldn't say its as good as MUFA HD powder, but its pretty close. And that is saying something considering the MASSIVE price savings.

Only thing I don't like - the packaging. Its cheap looking... but it works just fine.

Will def. buy again!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have really become to like this product mostly because I finally figured a good way to use it for my skin tone. I have olive/tan skin and applying this over makeup would just leave me with a grey/white cast over my skin which would make me and my makeup look odd.

When I use only ELF Primer, powder foundation, and concealer I put this on AFTER the primer and BEFORE the powder foundation. That way the powder foundation helps sink it into the skin and covers up the white/grey color left.

When I use liquid fdnt (or BB cream), concealer, and powder fdnt I'll put this on AFTER the liquid fdnt and BEFORE the powder fdnt, again, so the fdnt powder can set the ELF HD powder into the skin and cover the white/grey color.

Seems to work best for me this way. This combined with the ELF primer keeps me looking matte mostly all day. I would definitley repurchase. I like that the jar has a sifter but don't peel the plastic sticker all the way off or you'll have a mess each time you go to open it. Peel it about half way, or a little less and dump what you need out on to the top part of the jar and swirl your brush into it and tap off the excess. I use a flat top brush and I find that really pushes it in.

I found this at my local Target for about $6 bucks I believe. Definitley a good price for a lot of product.

on 6/15/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This powder sets my liquid foundation perfectly. You need so little and it really works. I just dot the puff on my cheeks, forehead, and nose (without re-dipping) and then dust it around my face with a soft face brush.
Works like a dream.
I like the screw top packaging. It makes it less messy.

on 1/10/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this HD powder. Its great for setting foundations. I did get the "white face" the first few times I used it, but learned not to get too happy with applying it and it went on beautifully! I am really surprise of the amazing quality of the product because the cost is dirt cheap!

on 8/24/2010 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm not keen on this at all. It looks really powdery on me and so needs applying with a very light hand! I have oily skin and thought this may help combat the shine but no such luck! I think it works quite well when applied very lightly over foundation to 'set' it. I don't use this very often and will be giving it to my mum i think as she mentioned she wanted to try this kind of powder. Average.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is pretty good. I use BM Mineral Veil, and put it on first and then put this on top. That may sound like a lot, but it doesn't look cakey on me b/c I have super oily skin and both of these are very sheer. I was just using this alone, but I found it didn't really keep the shine at bay very well. It did make my skin look more flawless and my pores significantly less noticeable though, so I think it's worth using. Plus it's incredibly inexpensive and the jar is huge, so it's worth having both to me.