e.l.f. Studio High Definition Powder

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/7/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very good basic powder. I always end up buying this because you get a ton of product for only 6$. It is a bit drier on my skin which is why it isnt my favorite powder.

on 4/9/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I just got this yesterday because I had read it was a great dupe for the NARS translucent setting powder. While I haven't purchased an HD setting powder before for reference, I was pleasantly surprised when I applied it over my concealer and foundation. It did give a nice airbrushed look and didn't take much. It also leaves a matte finish but didn't look dry on me. For $6 USD at Target, you can't go wrong with this purchase. I used it on top of Kat von D tattoo concealer and Lock - It Tattoo foundation.

on 10/27/2013 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros

- flawless, matte finish
- doesn't settle into lines
- decent oil control

Cons

- will leave white cast if used heavily
- not as finely milled as NYX

Comments: I like this, but I do prefer NYX more. I find this doesn't control my oil as well and isn't as finely milled. Also, this isn't pure silica powder. That probably explains why I don't get the amount of oil control as I would like to. That being said, it's still a great powder and would probably love it even more if I didn't have another product to compare it to. I still recommend this one and would repurchase if I couldn't get my hands on NYX'S version. It works really well in preventing concealer from creasing.

Will repurchase.

I bought this product on a whim and can't believe how awesome it is.

I have been using it to set my under eye concealer and my t-zone, and it works fabulously.

Its silky and smooth, and doesn't make my skin look ghostly.

I wouldn't say its as good as MUFA HD powder, but its pretty close. And that is saying something considering the MASSIVE price savings.

Only thing I don't like - the packaging. Its cheap looking... but it works just fine.

Will def. buy again!

on 6/15/2011 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

This powder sets my liquid foundation perfectly. You need so little and it really works. I just dot the puff on my cheeks, forehead, and nose (without re-dipping) and then dust it around my face with a soft face brush.
Works like a dream.
I like the screw top packaging. It makes it less messy.

on 1/10/2011 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this HD powder. Its great for setting foundations. I did get the "white face" the first few times I used it, but learned not to get too happy with applying it and it went on beautifully! I am really surprise of the amazing quality of the product because the cost is dirt cheap!

on 8/24/2010 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm not keen on this at all. It looks really powdery on me and so needs applying with a very light hand! I have oily skin and thought this may help combat the shine but no such luck! I think it works quite well when applied very lightly over foundation to 'set' it. I don't use this very often and will be giving it to my mum i think as she mentioned she wanted to try this kind of powder. Average.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product is pretty good. I use BM Mineral Veil, and put it on first and then put this on top. That may sound like a lot, but it doesn't look cakey on me b/c I have super oily skin and both of these are very sheer. I was just using this alone, but I found it didn't really keep the shine at bay very well. It did make my skin look more flawless and my pores significantly less noticeable though, so I think it's worth using. Plus it's incredibly inexpensive and the jar is huge, so it's worth having both to me.