E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29
E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder

4.1

on 8/10/2017 6:06:00 AM

I have already repurchased this powder.

Cheap, blurs pores, smoothes texture (great for undereyes) and controls oil on my face. I use very little, so haven't experienced any powderiness or flashback issues. Like it a lot, and for the price I'm sticking to this product

on 8/7/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very good basic powder. I always end up buying this because you get a ton of product for only 6$. It is a bit drier on my skin which is why it isnt my favorite powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this item because of the great reviews on this site - huge mistake. I know it's only a few dollars but damn. Not even worth that. Firstly, the powder is inconsistent and not all finely milled. There were some large pieces of powder that my brush just could not pick up. As other reviewers have noted, the packaging is terrible and very messy. I put this on and it left a very noticeable white cast over my entire face and even seemed to suck up some of the coverage of my very high coverage foundation (Urban Decay's All Nighter) to the point where I could see the redness in my cheeks poking through. I also tried baking my under eye with this product and it actually caused some sensitivity and discomfort to my under eye area. Overall, I know we try to save money where we can with makeup and find good drug store dupes but I'm gonna stick with my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. I actually apologized to my skin after using this.

This is the worst loose powder I have ever used. I decided to try it for "baking" as I've heard many good reviews... and BECER AGAIN!!! First off it looks like baking soda, it leaves a horrible white cast on your face, and it basically sucks up all of the foundation/concealer so the coverage is gone. I'll stick to my cover girl loose powder... this one is SHIT

Very good traslucent powder for the price. It makes your skin very silky.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have tried many a loose powder and have rarely been disappointed, but this powder is probably the quickest to use, in terms of mattyfing and setting foundation/contour. It picks up easily and evenly and you don't need to layer it on heavily for it to set the face. It is silica-based, which makes it a little lighter than talc powder and less prone to cakeyness. It creates a very smooth base for your other powder makeup (bronzer, contour, blush) to grab onto and blend out evenly on.
I use a big powder brush or kabuki brush to apply this and "bake" my undereyes with it. It is white, but once blended out it is totally translucent and does not cast a "white mask" over the face like some translucent powders do. It is truly translucent and did help keep my foundation/concealer on my face for a solid 8 hours without it becoming greasy or separating.
The price is very low, and you get a hefty amount of product for the price. I don't use the powder puff included, but sometimes they work well to apply powder evenly so I'll give it a shot next time. The case it comes in is bulky, like all loose powders, but it is a twist-off lid so it feels more secure than other drugstore loose powders.
Overall I am very pleased and impressed with how well this powder applied and how matte but breathable it is. It doesn't look cakey even after hours of wear, so I will definitely continue to use and repurchase!

Worst product I've used yet. It gives a decent finish, affordable price. But it gives a noticeable white cast, very chalky, way too much shimmer in it. The worst part was I broke out terribly from it, I usually get no breakouts, but when I do I get small pimples, but this gave me deep huge ones, I tried it a few times to make sure and it was definitely from this product. Then it gave me a horrible rash all over my entire face, I had to actually go to the doctor it was so bad. And I used nothing else besides this, so this was the cause. Be careful using this. I'm surprised because the eye powder is good, whatever is in this is very harsh and cheap so please be cautious.

I bought this since so many people suggested this powder. I've been using this powder alternately with my Mac loose finishing powder.
Somehow I still like the finish my Mac powder gives, it feels smoother. If you look at the powder particles, you can tell that Mac is more finely milled.

The upside is this powder is priced at the fraction of Mac powder. The price is the main reason why I tried this powder at the very first place. For the given price point, I would say the quality does not disappoint. Unless you're nitpicky like me, you probably won't really notice the difference between the two products.

I am absolutely not a fan of the packaging and the puff, it's not compact, it's not handy and when you try to open it, you can almost finish half of the powder (with half of it goes flying around your room, leaving white powdery cast).

I would re-purchase if I can't find better substitute or when I can't afford the Mac powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm honestly not a fan. But to be fair... I own the Makeup Forever version & that's not "holy grail" worthy to me either.

Here are the pros:
-Very fine powder
-A little goes a long way
-Did keep me matte for half a day

Cons:
-The packaging is god awful...I have lost half of this merely to opening the damn jar.
-Offers no extra coverage (obviously)
-Despite using a minimal amount, I get the dreaded white cast look. And I'm SUPER pale...I can't imagine this looking okay on anyone tanner than NC15. I'm NC10/super pale leaning warm/neutral.
-It is a tiny bit cakey, especially after it melts into my pizza-face.
-My ultimate favorite setting powder is Coty Airspun, ELF did not out preform it by any means. Coty keeps me matte ALL DAY, adds extra coverage, gives a final polishing look to my foundation,
-Since my sebum wasn't kept completely at bay, I could feel little whiteheads pop up days later. :(
-ELF adds more dimethicone than MUFE's $$$ version. It is a cost reduction strategy but unfortunately shows in quality comparison.

I won't repurchase.

on 1/25/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this in the summer of 2015 and still have more than 2/3 of the product still remaining.

Here are the pros and cons from my experience with the powder.

Pros:
1. Extremely matte
2. Makes your skin feel extremely smooth
3. Quite fine (on a scale of 1-10 it is about a 7, which is not too bad)
4. Lots of product
5. ONLY $6.00

Cons:
1. Extremely matte (Can't use all over my face when I have dry patches)
2. Accentuates dry patches
3. Tricky to use correctly (too much on the brush will give a white cast
4. Packaging is huge and often times very messy

Overall, this product is a few notches better than "just okay"
I don't think I would repurchase, as there is so much product, but if I run out... I'll think about it. As of now, I use the power just under my lash line to prevent my mascara from smudging (it really helps 100%)
I just can't use it all over my face right not because I have dry skin.
I emptied a but of this product into an empty (and very clean) L'oreal Infallible eyeshadow pot. It makes it incredibly easy to take this powder around for touch ups (works nicely as mid-day touch up powder).

If you're thinking about purchasing this powder, look through the reviews to see if your skin and this powder would be compatible.

Hope this helps!