e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 19-24
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

Packaging:

To be honest nearly all of them have the same packaging a plastic jar with a lid and a different name on it. I even think it’s the same company who is creating them

Longevity:

It does what it should it keeps my makeup on and prevents it from running of my face. The powder is very fine and soft which I do enjoy!

I also would recommend using less powder since it will give you the best finish! I do not like to bake with it because it will show dry areas on your face, but it still does a good job and keeps the makeup flawless all day long!

Pros:

- It feels smooth similar to silk.
- Keeps my makeup stay put during the day whole day (I live in the tropics we have 30-40degrees!)
- Mattifies my skin and gave it a very smooth finish.
- Able to close the opening part from the jar + lid to keep and protect the powder from losing some of it.

Cons:

- $16aud for about 8g of product isn’t cheap and isn’t crazy expensive but I thought that I would get more product for that price as I read lots of people saying that it’s so cheap and it’s good value for that price. I don’t think it is!

All in all I am very happy with this product, it can’t compete with the Kryolan HD powder which is in my opinion the best translucent powder that you can get..

However, I do think that the product can compete with most high end products and to be honest it does a really good job for the price!

on 1/13/2018 1:39:00 PM

THIS IS NOT THE SAME FORMULA THE INGREDIENTS ARE DIFFERENT. Why ELF did you change the formula? I loved this powder with the old formula. Do not buy the new formula it doesn't blend into the skin and is chalky. Leaves white patches on my face. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA. Trying to find the old formula online. :(

on 6/8/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A simple and straight forward translucent powder. I think that's all you can really ask for at this price point.

I agree that the packaging isn't ideal, but it's mostly controlled by keeping the sponge in the top. It flies everywhere when I try to use a brush, so I use the puff to apply it then a brush to blend it out/sweep away excess.

Compared to ben/nye luxe powder or other high end powders, this one doesnt change the foundation color and adds a nice sheen to your undereye. Only con is that the packaging sucks

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Only works for baking under the eyes looks horrid allover the face but elf has an actual under eye powder which is way better

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

very fine milled powder , works great for setting my foundation, doesn't make me look pale . it's a great price for what you get i just wish the sifter was a twist shut like bare minerals or even the ulta mineral foundation because God forbid this thing to be tossed around in a hand bag a few times lol

I love this powder, but I prefer the banana one instead of the traslucent, because when I bake my face with it, it leaves just a little bit of whiteish color. Sets everything in one layer :)

on 6/24/2016 8:50:00 PM

This was the first loose powder I used to set my makeup. Its ok and you do get a lot of product for the price. It's decent but nothing spectacular. I've since started using coty airspun and think that gives me more of a flawless finish. I still have some elf powder left but probably won't use it up and would not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is such a good setting powder for oily skin. A majority of the time, I like to bake my face just to reassure that my makeup is set since I do have oily skin. The price is amazing for the amount of product you receive and how well it works. I recommend this product for those who are starting out with makeup or don't want to pay a lot of money for other setting powders sold at Sephora.

on 1/15/2016 9:55:00 PM

broke me out and wasn't the best powder that I've tried :\