e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
e.l.f. Cosmetics High Definition Powder

4.1

Sheer: Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Sodium Dehydroacetate

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The powder is completely transparent on your skin and does a great job of mattifying and blurring. It doesn't get any better than this!

on 1/13/2018 1:39:00 PM

THIS IS NOT THE SAME FORMULA THE INGREDIENTS ARE DIFFERENT. Why ELF did you change the formula? I loved this powder with the old formula. Do not buy the new formula it doesn't blend into the skin and is chalky. Leaves white patches on my face. PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD FORMULA. Trying to find the old formula online. :(

on 8/23/2017 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't know if it's me but I always end up with cakey makeup with this loose powder. The powder is not fine enough and makes it harder for me to buff out. Overall its okay but I think there are better alternatives like Milani Loose Translucent Powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Okay you guys asked and they delivered - I was just at the drugstore looking to get this and they repackaged it!

It's no longer in the big black square container. It's a smaller, round container with a clear bottom (where the powder is) so you can see how much you have left. It has a one-sided sifter so less product will come out AND a circular slider on the sifter so you can close it off completely if you wanted. Comes with a puff that fits neatly over the new sifter contraption. On the inside of the lid, it says "pour product here" and the product comes out very neatly this way. Overall, I think they successfully addressed the concerns everyone had with their old packaging. I do think you might get somewhat less product in total now, however.

The powder itself is awesome as a setting powder for the T-zone and undereyes. I find it minimizes creasing and really keeps oil at a minimum during the day. It also sits on the skin in a very flattering way, where it blurs pores and creates a veil over the skin. I haven't experienced any dryness or whitecast on my skin (NW20).

on 6/28/2017 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the shade "corrective yellow".

As a warm toned/tan gal, this powder is a must for me. It's a bit too dry for under my eyes (though to be fair my undereyes are hecka dry), but for my face, it's marvelous. It absorbs my oil and keeps me matte noticeably longer. It smooths out my skin after foundation and helps to blur pores and make them less noticeable. The yellow tone adds a subtle hint of warmth and helps to correct the tone of foundations that are too neutral for my skin tone. I don't think it's strong enough to correct a cool toned foundation, but I wouldn't buy a cool toned foundation either way. It's a really good value. I noticed a lot of similarities between the ingredients listed in this powder and the ingredients in the UD Velvetizer, which is advertised as a mix in medium. So I attempted to mix this in with my favorite foundation, and it actually looks pretty great. Go figure.

I will say though, the packaging is way too huge. It's also very messy, even for a loose powder. I just peel off only half of the sticker covering the little holes in the sifter (is that what it's called?) and snip it off, so only half of the holes are exposed. This makes a huge difference and reduces the kick-up when you open the jar by a lot.

on 6/8/2017 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A simple and straight forward translucent powder. I think that's all you can really ask for at this price point.

I agree that the packaging isn't ideal, but it's mostly controlled by keeping the sponge in the top. It flies everywhere when I try to use a brush, so I use the puff to apply it then a brush to blend it out/sweep away excess.

Eh, this is okay. It's very much a no frills kind of powder.

Pros:
-it's dirt cheap
-cruelty free
-does a pretty good job of setting and mattifying my face
-doesn't break me out
-sturdy plastic jar

Cons:
-It's a loose powder, and it gets EVERYWHERE
-doesn't seem to last me very long because of that

I've been through a few jars of this stuff. Tried different brands from time to time, I find myself coming back to ELF every time.

on 3/1/2017 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Good for the price, the pckaging is a mess but the product looks nice on the face.

on 2/17/2017 3:27:00 PM

I LOVE this! I mix it in with my powder and it gives me a dewy finish! I use it every day!

Compared to ben/nye luxe powder or other high end powders, this one doesnt change the foundation color and adds a nice sheen to your undereye. Only con is that the packaging sucks