DHC Mascara Perfect Pro

DHC Mascara Perfect Pro

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've gone back to tubing mascaras. My eyes were so irritated all of the time and I was going back to wearing gas permeable contacts so I knew I needed to shake things up with my eye makeup.

This mascara is very good. I love the little compact brush. I bought 3 tubing mascaras and this was one. However this one goes on a little wetter than the other 2 so minus one lipstick. Doesn't flake or smear. And I would buy again. Non-irritating. Gives me volume and definition but I do have to work fast. Easy to remove because of the tubes.

on 1/17/2017 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

First thing I noticed was how small the mascara wand was, its very slim and shorter than normal.

Easy to apply, but dries fast, you can't wait a few seconds & apply another coat, application has to be done quickly. Gives a very natural look but can be built up a little. Lashes stay fanned out and separated, there's no clumping at all. Lasted a whole day without flaking or smudging, that includes cycle ride & an hour in gym class. Easy to remove with just water no mascara residue left.

If you're active like myself, this would be a good mascara to use without fear of it running down your face. This is my new favourite non waterproof mascara

on 7/8/2016 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This one seems to be the best tubing mascara I've used. No itching or burning like with Blinc, no clumping and drying out like with Kevin Aucoin Volume and Mac's Extended Play and much more length and volume than Bobbi's Intensifying mascara. You can buy this in multiple places online..

on 3/24/2016 8:58:00 AM

I wear minimal makeup and own hardly any makeup item. Most of the year, I use tinted moisturizer and blush. A lot of artist and celebrities offer a tip that mascara is a must, helping to open up the eyes. I thought it will be a good addition when attending formal function to look more polished. So I tried a few mascaras over the years. I used them once, twice at most, and never again. My problem with them
- hard to apply
- my lashes looks like spider legs or just unnatural.
- my lashes felt heavy, clumpy, plain uncomfortable, I can't wait to get them off
- getting them off was such a pain

And here I am giving 5 lippies to this. I bought this after reading good reviews and Paula's recommendation as well. It enhances my lashes, still looking natural, feels so comfortable almost like it's not there, brushes on easily and gets off fairly easily with my usual Kose cleansing oil. Some rubbing required but no tugging definitely. I highly recommend.

on 1/15/2015 1:22:00 AM

This is an excellent mascara for daytime wear, especially at the office. It stays put, it lengthens lashes in a natural way, I did not experience clumping like some of the other reviewers, and it gives just enough definition to my eyes without looking overly dramatic. The other great thing is that it doesn`t smudge or flake and it`s really easy to remove with an oil and a cleansing tissue. I have naturally curly and full lashes and I was searching for a mascara that doesn`t overdo my eye make up, because I have big eyes also and I don`t want to appear overly made up when I go to meetings, etc. At this price range I will keep repurchasing again and again.

on 12/27/2014 9:35:00 AM

Great daytime mascara. I get oily lids and most mascara a smudge under my eye. This stays put all day and is a cinch to remove - just a bit of warm water. It's not particularly dramatic looking, perfect for everyday wear though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This mascara was merely OK for me. I used it up but did not repurchase. It did deliver well on length and thickness, but it went clumpy. Lasting power was OK, definitely no smearing but some flakes at the end of the day. I did not like the removal process, it would not come off cleanly with eye makeup remover or facial cleanser, but required an extra step of splashing with really warm water. While it sounds easy enough it took some time to make sure everything is off.
Mascara preferences vary widely from person to person. I prefer lengthening mascaras with a clean look (clumps are a pet peeve of mine), and dislike most thickening mascaras. When I look in the mirror I want to see nice, long, defined lashes, not mascara. This mascara went definitely too clumpy for my taste. If you are looking more for a balance between length and thickness this offering from DHC might be worth a try.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wish I liked this more. After hearing Lisa Eldrige wax lyrical about it, I was so pleased to find it a couple of weeks ago. But alas, it just doesn't work for me.

First the good: the tiny bristle brush is excellent. It's very easy to angle it tightly into the lashline and into the far corners of your eyes. It's a relatively wet formula, so there's no rush to finish applying it before it dries. Best of all, it doesn't clump upon application--it's just smooth and sleek. But.....

The bad: The wet texture of the formula is also its biggest problem. The moment it touches your curled lashes, they begin to droop and look sad. Within about 30 seconds, it's as if your lashes had never been curled at all. It's a very deflating feeling to see your eyelashes sink sorrowfully like a Labrador that's just been yelled at for eating a sneaker. I salute anyone who can get this to work, but I am not one of them. I fail. However.....

The Redemption: it's terrific as a lower-lash mascara. Absolutely ace. The tiny brush comes into its own here, managing to quickly coax out any fine, insignificant lower lashes into something properly impressive. So that's nice.

But all in all, it's a bit of a let-down. I wish that wonderful brush was paired with a formula that did it proper justice. Perhaps if DHC comes out with a waterproof version, it'll hold a curl better, but until they do, I'm afraid it's a miss for me.

on 2/5/2014 5:09:00 PM

A mediocre mascara. Quite clumpy. I expected the brush to have a flat side when I saw a makeup artist using it. Doesn't spectacularly lengthen in the way one of the old Helena Rubenstein mascaras did. It just reminds me of a waterproof drugstore brand. Not for those with stubby or thin lashes. The only positive thing I have to say about it is that it is hard wearing.

I think that it might work if you very thinly layered it over a better mascara.

on 1/15/2013 10:33:00 PM

My new favorite tubing mascara! Really lasts all day with no smudging on my oily, hooded lids, and comes off easily with normal cleanser, warm water, and a bit of massage. This is better at lengthening than thickening, and if you're willing to work with it a few minutes, you can get beautifully defined, clump-free lashes. The brush is a thin, small, very precise spoolie that allows exact application. If you insist on a big, thick brush, this will take some adjusting. One of the best long-wearing mascaras I've tried, and I've tried a bunch of them, including Stila Convertible Lash (nightmarish removal), Cargo Better Than Waterproof (flaky and smelly), Too Faced Lash Injection (dry, mediocre), Kevyn Aucoin The Mascara Volume and The Mascara Curling (both great), Estee Lauder Double Wear (great), Blinc Kiss Me (basic, no frills), L'Oreal Beauty Tubes pretty good lengthened), Imju Fiberwig (great), Tiny Sniper and DJV Beautenizer (less great), Clinique Lash Power good but no lengthening or thickening), High Impact Curling, and Lower Lash mascaras (both OK), Trish McEvoy Volume Mascara and Curling Mascara (very black and dramatic but slightly clumpy), Fairy Drops Scandal Queen (clumpy, messy), Pop Beauty Peak Performance (really good, but tricky to apply) Becca The Ultimate Mascara (flaky). I have not tried Kanebo, Mirenesse, FACE atelier, MAC Extended Play, or others.

Popular Mascaras