77%
package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is one of my favorite lipsticks, hands down. The lasting power is outstanding and the application a breeze even without a full mirror. The application for the wear makes it much easier and faster to use than liquid lipsticks, which too often fade unevenly. The colors look bold in the package but provide an enhanced natural look. They're all demi-matte and not sticky or quickly transferred to cups/straws/cigs. I have three and have tried them all. Tokyo is simple, soft red. Monte Carlo is a hot pink without a neon effect. San Francisco is an easy natural pink. I like Bombay as well, but it's an orange-based red that doesn't work with my skin tone. Price is dandy at under $20 for a lipstick that combines color, liner and long-wear all in one. Easily a purchase you can keep as a spare in any purse and be glad you did.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

3 years ago

I have this lipstick in "Amsterdam" (a peachy nude) and I absolutely love it! One of my favourite nudes in my collection, I think this is a fantastic lipstick. Looking at the amount of product you would think it's a poor value, but due to how well it wears and how long it takes to go through, it doesn't bother me at all. I find despite being creamy and comfortable it is matte and longwearing. I usually wear it with a gloss over top and get six hours of wear time if I don't eat! As mentioned I would describe the colour as a fleshy, peachy mid toned nude which is flattering on most pale skintones I get asked what I'm wearing all the time with this! The packaging has never jammed, rolled up unevenly, or been difficult to sharpen. While the packaging gets beat up a little the reflective casing doesn't get dirty easily and it's compact for travel or a small purse. It smells nice, fairly sweet. It reminds me faintly of crème brulee. There is also a small tingle, I wouldn't say it lives up to plumping claims much but it doesn't get that dry, creased look most mattes do. I plan on repurchasing this lipstick as I'm nearly out and buying other colours. They are great!

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

2.0

4 years ago

I got this in the color London, which looks like it would be/should be a baby pink. This settles into my lip lines terribly. I also have to apply several layers to get any pigmentation, and my lips are not very pigmented. Other lipsticks of this shade from other brands show up on me just fine. The product itself to me also feels very soft and 'delicate,' like it could break easily. It feels like you need to have a very gentle touch to use this, but to me, applying this gently means no color payoff at all. And then what color I do get looks very patchy, uneven, and even a little garish/clownish-looking. The tip also seems weak. If I used a soft touch to apply this to not break the tip, it literally would look like nothing at all was on my lips. It is a nice touch that it has a built-in sharpener on the end. Just feels drying on my lips, and it is not even wintertime here. Feels almost like a matte lipstick without the matte 'look'. Not a keeper nor a repurchase in my book. Sorry.

About reviewer (686 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesGray

2.0

4 years ago

I got this gratis from Sephora, I believe in the shade San Francisco. I say I believe because the name isn't on the actual product. But I remember it being San Francisco so that must be correct. I don't find it too dark for my NW15 skin, but I prefer darker lip colors due to lack of lip pigmentation. The color is beautiful--a dark pink-red-purple. Hard to describe but pretty versatile. It feels super dry on my lips like a liquid lipstick but staying power is poor, like a lip gloss. It has a really weird smell, like stale breath, that somewhat dissipates upon application, but it is very offputting, and I don't want to smell that way. And then after about 30 seconds, the burning sensation kicks in. And yet for some unknown reason, the burning sensation doesn't lead to plumper looking lips. I am glad I got to try it, but there's no way I'd pay for this, let alone $20.

About reviewer (975 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

EyesGreen

4 years ago

About a month ago I decided to try Buxom Full-on Lipstick in Dolly, which is a universally flattering mauve shade. This was after buying Buxom Lip Polish in that same color. SO GLAD I DID. It has great staying power and lasts for a good 4-6 hours. What's even better is that when it fades it doesn't leave a weird outline on your lips in spite of the ability to use this as not only a lipstick but also as a lip liner. I like the tingly, plumping effect coupled with a sort of vanilla frosting/mint flavor. It's nice. The color selection is lovely, also. I LOVE THIS PRODUCT so much that I went promptly ordered "Bombay" which is a sort of rosy pink color. Both great investments. Worth the money. Better than Nars Lip Pencils, imo. Will definitely be buying more colors. Think I will try Barcelona next.. If you are looking for a highly pigmented, lasting-without-drying, matte lipstick; this is the way to go!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I bought this in San Francisco and I am in LOVE with the color. It is the color to end all lip colors for me. It looks so natural but still has a little pop. I love the way it goes on and the packaging. It does have a cheap waxy smell and taste to it. Not something I would expect for the price I paid. It seems to dry out my lips as the day goes on. I'll apply it first thing in the morning and I won't have to retouch it until around lunch. But after that, I have to keep reapplying and reapplying and reapplying. It just falls off. I will definitely be re-purchasing this because of the color.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

4 years ago

I purchased two shades: Acapulco and Brooklyn. I love that these are in a twist-up crayon form that is skinny (as opposed to Clinique's Chubby Stick style.) It's really easy and glides on so so smooth. These aren't sheer, but each color settles in so natural, as if you're not wearing anything! Acapulco at first glance is a very Nicki Minaj type of purple. however, after applying it, it turned out to be more of that perfect cool lilac mauve I've been searching for! It has blue undertones which also make my teeth look a tad whiter. Brooklyn is a GORGEOUS terracotta brown with hints of pinky-mauve and on my skin (think of a paper bag, that's my color) it looks completely natural! These also DO plump ( as they claim) and I love the minty feeling and scent. It's not overpowering or strong by any means. I don't really get a "matte" finish but more of a natural, satin-powdery finish, which works for me! Also doesn't dry my lips out one bit. Overall, these are a huge win for me. They look so cute and are so easy to store...making then super convenient and flight friendly! I got both at Ulta for $20 a piece, which isn't too terrible.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBrown

4 years ago

I received this lipstick in San Francisco as a sample. I wouldn't have chosen this color in the store (it's too dark), but really think it's lovely on my lips. What I really like is the shape--it's like a big lip liner and is easy to apply. The only things I'm on the fence about are that it's matte (I like some shine) and it smells/taste rancid (like conventional drugstore lipsticks, imho). I hadn't considered this brand before getting samples, but also really like the Full-On Lip Polish and would repurchase that as well.

About reviewer (231 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

4 years ago

This recently became my new favorite MLBB in the color Dolly; it's a plummy, mid tone nude on me. Having a matte finish, I condition my lips first, apply, and then add some balm or a glossier lippie on top in the middle of my lips.(My favorite combination right now is this coupled with NYX Minimalism.) I also love the applicator; It's a retractable pen almost like a lip liner but twice the size. This leads to a very precise application around the perimeter of my lips. I don't wear lipstick everyday but this will be my new "no brainer" lippie. I image it would be drying if worn on a daily basis thus only four stars. Even though it's pricier than I normally spend on lipstick, I'll repurchase it again none-the-less.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

I purchased this in Dolly and I have to say this is my holy grail lip color. Dolly is a beautiful pinky mauve. I love the tingling sensation upon application. It might not make my lips appear larger but I feel like a placebo effect is taking place lol. It lasts longer with a lip liner..typically I pair it with MAC's Whirl or NYX's Natural lipliner but it works beautifully with Jordana's Tawny as well. I plan on purchasing more colors from this line

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm