Korres Zea Mayes Powder Blush- 22 Plum

Korres Zea Mayes Powder Blush- 22 Plum
Enter TitleKorres 22 Purple w/ flash Korres 22 Purple on NC20 skin under sunlight, adjuKorres 22 Purple on NC20 skin under direct sunligh

4.5

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zea Mays Starch, Octyldodecyl Lactate, Octyldodecanol, Isononyl Isononanoate. May contain: CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007, CI 75470, CI 77742, CI 77288, CI 77289, CI 77510, CI 15850, CI 73360, CI 15985, CI 19140, CI 42090.

on 8/4/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mix feelings for this product. The texture, the package, the pigmentation are all PERFECT.
However this is probably the first time I've chosen the wrong color for my skin tone. I've always thought I can go with any blushes as long as I use a light hand but I WAS SUCH AN IDIOT! I am matched with NC15 in MAC Mineralize Moisture and so far I have not came across a blush that looks bad on me (some looks more suitable on me, but none of them was "not suitable"). BUT this one does! God!
It is not a vibrant color, it looks mid-toned blue based berry to me in pan, and a little brighter but still muted in color when swatched. It looked alright to me until I put it on my face - gosh! This was how I looked like when I was 14, when I had painful cyst acnes all over my face! THIS IS HOW NATURAL IT IS!!! TOO NATURAL!!!!! However, I was wearing minimal makeup that day, and I used only tinted moisturizer with SHEER coverage, and did not put concealer up my newly popped up little bump (not inflamed nor cystic). It was horrible... just horrible.

I will update when I one day put on this blush with proper makeup. I can imagine it would look good on these days. But god, this is definitely not a blush for people with scars and wear sheer coverage foundation. Please properly prep your face and make sure your skin looks perfect before you put this blush on...

Update 8/31:
THIS BLUSH IS AWESOME in terms of pigmentation staying powder texture and the finish. I did not like it when I was tanned (probably nc20-25) because it looked even less vibrant as if it's a bit grey, but when my face is back to nc15 and with proper face base and everything concealed, this color is absolutely beautiful. It's s low profile kind of blush but the sheen makes your skin looks gorgeous and glowy... any eye makeup look would suit this (light handed). I imagine it'd look good with smoky eyes, too. Just remember - no no-make-up look with this when you are not having a good skin day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this off the Korres.com site sight unseen. As of late, I'm a huge "plum" blusher addict. Anyhow, in the pan it looks almost exactly like NARS sin, only a tinge more "berry". Applied, I think this is a near dupe for NARS sin, only a tinge more berry. (Irony is that I just swapped away NARS sin. LoL) I am very pleased with this blush..it's very pigmented, so I need a skunk to apply. It has shimmer in the pan, but once applied, no shimmer is visible. It's a lovely "in from the cold" berry/plummy flush on my NC30-35 skin tone. There's only a hint of purple/plum to it, but enough to make me notice. On a side note, I've read some articles saying to stay away from cornstarch (aka zea mayes) in products, but I've had no side effects or break outs so I will continue to use Korres blushers!!