Secret Scent Expressions Va Va Vanilla Invisible Solid

3.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tried Va Va Vanilla a few years back, loved the vanilla ice cream-like scent, and then promptly got my heart broken, because it just wasn't strong enough to block my B.O. However, it's been reformulated sometime recently, and now it works for me! No Viola-stank; just creamy, yummy, gently sweet, slightly fruity vanilla goodness. It's an artificial vanilla, but not harsh or chemical smelling. I appreciate that it's strongly scented, but only noticeable when I lift my arms (unlike Dove, which is so strong that it's more like a haunting than a deodorant). Va Va Vanilla doesn't make my pits itch, or cause clogged hair follicles or cysts. I love how smoothly it goes on, and the shiny holographic and shimmer packaging, too. I hope the new formula keeps working for me, because I want to smell like this forever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this antiperspirant. It smells oddly of vanilla extract but I like it! Lol! It is a fun scent, that isn't noticeable once on (which I prefer). It does the trick for me, though I'm not typically a sweaty person.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on my 3rd container of this Secret Scent Expressions Va Va Vanilla Invisible Solid. I adore it. One sniff in WalMart & I wanted to try it. I'm glad I got to test it in this summer's heat & humidity. Previously I'd bounced from Degree to Arm & Hammer Invisible Solids to Dial Roll-On. Degee's level of fragrance was disappointing w/the 2 sticks I tried in maybe June of this year. I paid $4-ish a stick for the Degrees & I wanted to smell them. This is for the newer formulations of Degree not the $2-$3 older variety. Anyway, Secret's sparkly packaging & fun names caught my eye. I grabbed Va Va Vanilla & have enjoyed it ever since. It glides on w/no globs & never looks chalky. It's about $4 but there are frequent sales & coupons for Secret. It keeps me dry all day & the scent is sweet w/out being cloying. It lingers through the day. It sometimes smears on black & other dark clothes but I can wipe it away easily. Secret's a brand that rarely clicked w/my chemistry but now it does. Va Va Vanilla it doesn't clash w/any fragrance/lotion I've worn thus far even though it's the only Vanilla scented item I regularly use.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Secret's Scent Expressions line is the only deodorant that works for me. I've tried almost every (if not every) type at the drugstore. Not sure why I ever stray away from this line though, and Va Va Vanilla is my favorite scent.

First off, the scent on this is wonderful. My boyfriend said it's a fruity vanilla, and that's the perfect way to describe it. Smells good enough to eat. The smell isn't strong enough to interfere with perfume or anything, but it is somewhat noticeable.

I sweat... a lot. It's embarrassing and something I've struggled with since high school. This product doesn't completely eliminate sweating, but it does a better job than other deodorants/antiperspirants that I've tried. The best thing about this stuff though is that you won't stink... at all. It holds up through hot weather, strenuous activity, etc... combating odor flawlessly.

Another thing is this deodorant doesn't go on clear and will leave marks on your clothing if you aren't careful. However, it doesn't claim to go on clear or anything so I don't see that as a flaw.

The price point is pretty reasonable... usually around $4 at the drugstore. I would repurchase this because any time I stray away from this range and buy another deodorant, I don't end up using the whole thing because the performance is just off. This is the only deodorant I've repurchased consistently and use up completely every time I buy a stick.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my absolute favorite deodorant. The light, fresh vanilla fragrance is delightfully long-lasting! It completely wicks away sweat and odor. The formula is smooth and isn't prone to clumping or staining, which is a huge plus. It holds up through even my most extreme dance practices and intensives with only one morning application. When I came home from a hard practice the day after I bought it, I could still smell the sweet hint of vanilla on my skin! The buttery-soft stick is great for all skin types. It prices roughly around four to six dollars, which isn't outrageous considering the great quality of the product. The packaging is also very nice, decorated with metallic cream, gold, and dark vanilla orchids and a functional blue plastic body. This antiperspirant is an obvious go-to for athletes as well as girls and women who live an active, busy lifestyle!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is an artificial yet very pleasant foody vanilla scent that isn't overpowering, but lasts all day. It's very slightly fruity rather than musky. I've been using it for about a week in December - it keeps me BO-free for about 24 hours, whether I've shaved or not. I think it might not be strong enough for hot weather, but we'll see. It goes on buttery-smooth but not gloopy, and doesn't give me bumps under my arms; the packaging is easy to hold onto, doesn't look messy after use, and has a sparkly-cute holographic label. It's about US$4, which is firmly low-range for a good antiperspirant/deodorant, IMO. The only problem I have with this product is that it's socially unacceptable to shove your deo under someone's nose and say "Wow, this smells so good! Smell it!"

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I switched to this product when my Lady Speed Stick favorite scent (Pear) was discontinued.
Pros:
It smells great and lasts on ALL day long! Even at the end of my busy work day, the scent is still there.

Cons: This solid white deodorant unfortunately leaves white stains on my clothing and it absorbs into my clothing right after I apply it. Luckily I wear cardigans to cover my work dress shirts, but it a nuisance, especially when washing my clothes and trying to remove the almost permanent stains from my work clothing.

Overall rating B.

This stuff did not help me whatsoever with my odor and it definitely didn't help stop my sweating. It also smelled nasty after a couple hours. Don't recommend if you're a heavier sweater):

BEST SCENT EVER. All time favorite deodorant. Keeps me dry, and smells diviiiiine. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This deodorant is my all time favorite. The smell is so yummy. The best way to describe this would be that it smells like vanilla ice cream, it's superrr sweet, almost edible. I almost have to keep myself from eating it sometimes lol. It keeps me dry all day long and I never get sweaty or musty, it's a great antiperspirant. I find that I can apply it in the morning and still smell it well into the evening which is a definite plus in my opinion. I highly recommend the secret scent expressions line even if you don't like the vanilla one in particular. They have a wide variety of good smelling scents and I'm sure anyone could find one that appeals to them.

Popular Deodorants