Joico K-Pak Color Therapy

Joico K-Pak Color Therapy
K-Pak Color TherapyK-Pak Color Therapy

Aqua/Water, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, dipropylene glycol, glycol distearate, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, cocamide mea, Schinziophyton Rautanenii Kernal Oil, keratin, hydrolyzed human hair keratin, hydrolyzed keratin, laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin, Aleuritues Moluccana Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil (evening primrose oil), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, psidium Guajava Fruit extract, hydrogenated Castor oil coperpolymer, allantion, arginine hci, sorbitol, thioctic acid, tocopheryl acetate, peg-150 pentaryththyrital tetrasterate, hyaluroginc acid, Guar hydroxypropylrimonium chlorid, glycerin, gycolipids, peg-6 caprylic/ capric glycides, polyquanterinium-55, sodium ascrobyl phosphate, sodium cocoamphocateatae, amodimethicone, butyl methoxydibenzoyl methane, c11-15 pareth-7, laureth-9, tridecth-12, citric acid, sodium citrate, disodium edta, sodium hydroxide, methylparaben, dmdm hydantion, fragrence/parfum. 2012 <3 omgg so many big words

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My hair is wavy with an oily scalp but overall dry hair desperately in need of moisture, especially when I've been using heat. It also frizzes up a lot in humidity. I heard such good things but unfortunately this shampoo and conditioner left my hair really dry and dull. Right after washing out the shampoo i could feel how my hair had been stripped of moisture because it was that squeaky clean feel instead of a gentle clean. And the conditioner didn't do much to add back softness. I get better results using my dirt cheap Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky shampoo.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

K-PAK Color Therapy Shampoo~

I was looking for a new color shampoo to try. I saw the shampoo reviews on here and decided to buy it. I got the conditioner too.

I color my long hair about every three weeks because of the gray. I like the two products and plan to use them from now on. I think they would be good for people with chemically treated, damaged or dry hair. It's probably a good idea to switch them out now and then with something lighter. I do that after about the 4th or 5th time.

The price is on the higher side but you can get a deal if you shop around. I paid $17.00 for each one and they should last a long time.

To Read all 47 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought the Joico K-Pak Color Therapy shampoo on a whim as it was only $12 at my local store on sale, which is a deal for 1L! Packaged in an easy pump bottle, it smells nice and has worked well in washing and protecting my hair colour, though I am unsure how moisturising it is. I have not experienced any build-up, which is a plus. I would prefer that it did not contain sulfates, but otherwise am pleased with my purchase as it cleans my hair well and will last me a long time.

on 2/7/2016 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Horrible stuff left my hair like dry hay.

on 1/24/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I dyed my hair from my natural, super-dark brown to a medium-brown at the roots with small blonde highlights about a month ago. I purchased the shampoo at TJMaxx with the conditioner, and I think the set works well for the price. I don't know if it's a side-effect of the dyeing/bleaching process or the shampoo, but my roots air-dry super fast out of the shower, and the color appears brighter. I haven't used this shampoo for a long amount of time, but I don't see any difference in my hair.

on 7/18/2015 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I always remember struggling with my hair. I have a lot of it, and it's course and for some reason damaged. Well maybe because I die my hair black every 3 month. Still, I am constantly battling frizziness and dryness, even though I stay away from the blow drier and straighteners most of the time. I just can't get it to be soft and luscious.
So after intensive research, I decided keratin is the way to go. But a keratin treatment is so bloody expensive. Ain't nobody got money for that! :)
Here comes the next best thing. Keratin packed haircare. Joico always got good review on the internet so I decided to give it a go. The K-PAK line has a few variations, but I chose the one for colored hair. I have to say..I like it. Not love it.
Why like it? It cleans my hair without stripping it and when I use this set I tend to blowdry my hair because the heat sort of activates it and my hair gets softer and less unruly.
Why not love it? I still get frizz. If I'm being realistic it will take more then one bottle of something with keratin in it to get my hair to that stage. And I have to use heat in my hair to see the results. That I do not like, since heat it what causes the damage in the first place. If I let my hair to air dry, I just don't see any difference compared to drugstore shampoos.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I would definitely not repurchase this shampoo! I have fine colour treated hair and this shampoo is just above average. For this price, I was expecting something amazing. But this product is definitely not... Well, at least for me it simply doesn't work. I am using both the shampoo and the conditioner. My hair ends up being oily at the base and dry at my roots. The same result I get when using drugstore hair products. So yeap, its a definite no for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the absolute best shampoo I have EVER used on my fine, color-treated hair. It's gentle enough to prevent color-stripping but powerful enough to actually CLEAN my hair—a combination that is just about impossible to find. Never, ever has my hair been so shiny and bouncy (in the past, most shampoo/conditioners left it looking like straw). So happy my search is over! (Oh, and it smells nice and amber. Bonus!)

on 2/18/2015 5:34:00 AM

Couldn't wait to finish the bottle with this. I really wanted to love this product, but I found it to be just okay. Joico makes my HG shampoo (Moisture Recovery) but I was curious to try their K-Pak Color Therapy just to see if I'd like it as much. Turns out I don't.

This shampoo that lathers up nicely, albeit heavily. Really doesn't rinse out easily either. Leaves my hair a tad dry and coated-feeling. Also, my hair color actually seems to have faded since I switched over to this shampoo, which I wasn't expecting at all.

When it comes to shampoo, I feel like you don't need to spend a ton of money unless it's for a product that delivers really excellent results. I don't think this one does.

This is actually on par with most drugstore shampoos, but it costs a whole lot more. I will not buy this again.

on 2/10/2015 8:33:00 AM

Firstly I just want to say I have color treated thick course hair and its very thirsty! I had just gotten my hair color and my whole head felt like straw! I went to Cosmoprof and bought this WONDERFUL shampoo and condition set with the deep conditioning treatment with it and wow! Just when I was putting the shampoo in it felt half way to silk, then the conditioner was even better. Secondly my hair usually takes me up to 1 hour/half to style. It took me 15 minutes to dry and 11 minutes to style!! This HG stuff is wonderful! I will absolutely be purchasing this again!!!!!! TOTATLY RECOMMEND,