Garnier White Chocolate 111

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.7

I recently bleached my hair and got it a bright orange, then used Loreal Excellence hight lift lightest ash blonde to try to tone it. It got everywhere blonde except my roots which turned a more natural auburn color instead of orange. So I went back to buy another box to try one more application, but there weren't any left. I grabbed up this Garnier 111 because it looked promising. First of all, it smells super duper strong, it burns my nose when I'm applying it.
Secondly, it did NOTHING. Absolutely no change at all to my hair after 40 minutes of leaving it on.
I won't be buying this again.

on 5/27/2015 10:14:00 PM

I use this stuff to dye my roots. My natural color is a dark blonde/light brown color and it pulls a lot of red and gold, so I usually have to tone my hair after coloring. This is the only drug store hair dye that I have found that does not leave my roots an icky, brassy yellow color.

on 4/20/2013 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to write this review in hopes of maybe helping someone else.

I have been getting expensive highlights for years. My hair is mostly blonde (from highlighting) but I have dark roots. My hair is naturally a med. to light brown.

so here is the important part. This dye comes with a 30 vol developer. This means it will only lift or lighten your hair 3 levels. Google a hair level chart and find what level you are. Count three shades down and this is what a 30 volume will do. my level is probably a 4 medium brown. So a 30 volume will only lighten me to a 7 medium blond. btw: I am not a hair professional. I just did some research after my hair turned a yucky color of gold using this hair dye. What I didn't understand was I probably needed a 40 vol and possibly should have checked Sally's beauty first. Box dyes are very misleading!

be careful and good luck!!

I love this hair color. My natural color is a dark blonde and always turns RED or strawberry when I lighten it at home. I loved getting highlights at the salon but they were getting expensive and I really wanted an all over blonde color! But no colorist would do an all over color on me, they said they would have to double process my hair and it would damage it too much. I didn't want to believe them and I kept trying different brands. I did several strand tests until I decided on this one!
I use the color and fruit oil included in the kit but throw out the developer and use 40 volume instead. 30 volume will lighten 3 shades while 40 lightens 4! I also add a packet of Ardell Unred (I get from Sally's)
The color has a lot of blue in it as it is, but since my hair has a lot of red in it I need to add even more blue and that is why I use the Ardell Unred. If you have dark blonde ashy hair and blue or gray eyes, you might not need to add the unred - do a strand test first.
I left the formula on for 40-45 min and rinsed (no shampoo) and applied the conditioner packet (smells so nice) I was so happy my hair did not turn strawberry or lemon colored.
My hair was dry and really golden the first day. Then I shampooed and conditioned and it toned down to a more natural golden blonde and the texture is as smooth as before I colored it. I've gotten so many compliments on this color. I love it and am so happy :) Remember to do a strand test.

I bought this shade looking to achieve the exact color on the box after successfully getting rid of bright red with both Color Oops and Born Blonde. My hair was a pale yellow prior to applying this, and didn't come out much differently. My hair has responded very well to blonde shades in the past, so I was a little surprised that I didn't achieve the white-blonde I was looking for. I've been using Jhirmack Silver Plus shampoo and am still not able to get all the yellow out. That said, I'm still willing to try it again in the future as a maintenance shade AFTER I'm able to achieve the color I'm looking for.

Garnier Nutrisse 111 High lift Ash blonde (White Chocolate)
Very useful product but should be used WISELY :)
From personal experience you should be aware of the following:
-Color on the box appear waay more lighter than actual results, even if you compare it with the shade guide...so Never pick up colors by looking at the box. LOOK AT THE NUMBERS.
For example 111 Means Level 11 Base color and 1 For Primary Blue tone which Produces grey(ash) tone when you have brassy orange hair
-if your hair is already prellightened to gold or yellow stage use this product as a TONER and preferably on WET TOWEL DRIED HAIR (this helps minimizing the concentration of the dye to avoid exagerated bluish or gray tone.
-leave the product for 15 to 30 min MAX until brassiness is removed
-20 volume peroxide works for about 30 min... after that there's no oxidation and only deposition ...therefore people who leave dye on more than 30 min will end up in darker hair NOT LIGHTER HAIR ....I REPEAT DARKER HAIR IF LEFT MORE THAN 30 MIN
-Place dye on the brassiest parts first... if you place it on hair which is already a nice blond it will exagerate blue and gray tones.
I Hope this was useful
Best wishes for beautiful hair

Love this haircolor. I used Loreal for many years, but this is so much better. It doesn't leave my hair brassy and the smell isn't as potent as Loreal.