Garnier White Chocolate 111

No Image

4.1

on 11/3/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

about a month ago I went back to blonde from the red tint that I wore during the summer. When I first did the red, I used Garnier and it came out beautifully but then faded and kept fading. Typical of most reds though as red is the most difficult color to maintain.

I grew tired of the maintenance and decided to go back to blonde. I have used the Garnier #100 for years and was happy with the outcome. Every four months I had highlights and low lights put in and it was truly a lovely color. This time when I went back to blonde I went a bit darker and ashier in order to cover the red... and decided to use the Preference line which has great ash colors... anyway, to make this whole history short, I wanted to go way lighter and ashier in order to continue the coverage of my past red history lol.

I chose the White Chocolate 111, which is a very light ash blonde and followed instructions -- no mixing with any other colors. I left it on for 30 minutes as I truly lost track of time and when I took it off, I found a fantastic light ashy blonde with some golden highlites which make it a truly lovely and believable color.

My husband loves it and this sets my life and history back as a blonde!

I will continue using this shade!

on 12/7/2010 3:07:00 PM

Wow! I have tried to go blonde (from light brown) countless times - and always gotten a really ugly brass color. This didn't quite get me to the color on the box (but close!). And very, very little brass! I am utterly floored! No more days in the salon for me - no more $100 hair color. I am so grateful that someone finally figured this out! I should add that I am shocked that my hair doesn't feel like straw! (it always has in the last when I went blonde). So excited! Please never discontinue! I'm using tigi health goddess to maintain.

on 1/9/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product NEVER fails me!!!! I usually alternate between 100 Extra light blonde (camomile) and always great results!!

I went to a hair salon....(my stories always start like that lol), and of course my "blonde" highlights turned orange :(. I am used to this by now, so instead of having them fix it, I buy a bottle of White Chocolate or the Camomile depending on how brassy my hair is. I dye it the day after and voila! Shimmery pale blonde with NO orange just beautiful ashy tones.

A warning though!!!! If you have really light blonde or bleached pieces this can turn your hair BLUE!! So just be careful and if you do, don't leave it on too long. I usally only dye for about 20 mins if I have really brassy hair even with extra light pieces.

Anyways, great product, great color and just super GREAT!! I will forever use this hair dye!!!! I just have to say how funny it is that a drugstore product can really fix a professional and expensive salon color....hmmmm....LOL. LOVE GARNIER!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I left it on for over 30 minutes and it barely made any color difference to my level 7/8 brassy blonde hair. It hardly lifted at all. And then my ends were frazzled so I had to trim them off.

Love this haircolor. I used Loreal for many years, but this is so much better. It doesn't leave my hair brassy and the smell isn't as potent as Loreal.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

After using Garnier's "Dark Golden Blonde" color for a few months, I decided I wanted to brighten my look up a bit and go light blonde. After reading every review I could find on Garnier #111, White Chocolate, I decided to give it a try. I followed the instructions exactly and was VERY pleased with the results. The gold, brassy tones in my hair were completely neutralized and my hair, while not exactly the color on the box, is significantly lighter, with no crazy undertones or green/blue casts. I will be using this product again :-)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been faithful to Garnier hair color in the shade Chamomile (#100) for the last two years since I started dying my hair again. It really works well for lightening my hair from a dark, sandy blonde to light golden blonde. But I had heard good things about the shade White Chocolate, and wanted to add some cool tones to my hair color, so decided to try it. While the formula for this color is just as nice as Chamomile (left my hair soft, shiny, with minimal damage) it didn't lighten my hair as well (I could still see the roots slightly) and it left uneven greyish patches on it :(. I know it is supposed to be light ash blonde but the color turned out much darker and more grey than the picture on the box. I was really disappointed at first, but after several washes the grey cast has lightened somewhat and it looks more blonde. But its still too dark and too ashy for my skin tone. This color would probably work better for someone with a warmer skin tone. I've already repurchased Chamomile and can't wait to redye it back next month.

I've been using this shade off and on for years and always find myself coming back to it because it's the ONLY hair dye that doesn't give me brassy roots. I've tried drug store brands, stuff from Sally's, high end dyes, etc. but White Chocolate by Garnier always seems to do the trick.

I have naturally medium blonde hair that I lighten to platinum, but I don't need to use bleach so I mostly use drug store brands because they're cheap and convenient.

My only problem is the root area stays yellow-y no matter what unless I use this stuff. You have to be EXTREMELY careful with this because it will turn any pre-lightened hair grey in a few minutes, but it turns my roots a beautiful platinum color with no brassiness.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first rinsed this color out of my bleached brassy blonde, I HATED it. I'd had the bleached blonde for a few months then decided to go more platinum with a dye instead of a bleach. (Too many evil chemical burns) So when I rinsed it out after 25(?) minutes it was LAVENDER. So I washed several more times. I was left with this PERFECT white/blonde. Unfortunately, the white only stays about a week unless you use a purple shampoo every night, but you're still left with a VERY pretty light blonde.
I will definitely continue using this product!

on 2/12/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OMG, OMG, OMG! I am 50 and I've been "blonding" my hair at home for 30 years, with a few 911 visits to salons, when I've totally BLEEPED up my hair! I am naturally dark ash blonde, but when I bleach or go to a lighter color, I am a red-yellow-copper-gold roots magnet! I've had foil$; pull-through$; hair-painting! Cha-ching! I've tried every a$h blonde over the counter. The best in show, thus far, has been L'Oreal Feria 110 Starlet. But even with that, I touched up my too-warm roots with Redken Shades EQ Chrome. I even went to Aveda 'beauty college' where top-notch future stylists pass or fail in coloring/bleaching. FAIL! Yellow-copper roots. You know--that cheap look that screams, "I lightened my hair myself!". Fast forward to today. I bought Garnier 111, due to my MakeupAlley lifeline. I am so thrilled! This is the first time EVER, that I didn't have to tone and tweak my color job because it was orange! Monumental!! I am astounded! I folllowed the 10 minute length+20 minute roots=30 total minutes instructions. Lathered, rinsed, conditioner packet, and VIOLA no orange! **TRUE, as others have stated, if your hair is already lightened, your color may appear ashier, greyer, and darker than the box model shows.** My pre-lightened lengths/ends DID, so I shampooed 2 more times with Johnson's baby 'poo and conditioned for 5 minutes with Keratin Complex Infusion Therapy Vanilla Bean Deep Conditioner. Now, perfection, without extra coloring and toning! Again, a first for me! After so many years of trial and error, I've found my HG blonde. I keep going to the mirror to be sure I'm not imagining this long sought after result! Nope--AWESOME! Plus, my baby fine, thin hair did not appear any worse for the wear after coloring with Garnier 111. Brassy blondes are gonna LOVE this!