Garnier White Chocolate 111

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

on 2/12/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OMG, OMG, OMG! I am 50 and I've been "blonding" my hair at home for 30 years, with a few 911 visits to salons, when I've totally BLEEPED up my hair! I am naturally dark ash blonde, but when I bleach or go to a lighter color, I am a red-yellow-copper-gold roots magnet! I've had foil$; pull-through$; hair-painting! Cha-ching! I've tried every a$h blonde over the counter. The best in show, thus far, has been L'Oreal Feria 110 Starlet. But even with that, I touched up my too-warm roots with Redken Shades EQ Chrome. I even went to Aveda 'beauty college' where top-notch future stylists pass or fail in coloring/bleaching. FAIL! Yellow-copper roots. You know--that cheap look that screams, "I lightened my hair myself!". Fast forward to today. I bought Garnier 111, due to my MakeupAlley lifeline. I am so thrilled! This is the first time EVER, that I didn't have to tone and tweak my color job because it was orange! Monumental!! I am astounded! I folllowed the 10 minute length+20 minute roots=30 total minutes instructions. Lathered, rinsed, conditioner packet, and VIOLA no orange! **TRUE, as others have stated, if your hair is already lightened, your color may appear ashier, greyer, and darker than the box model shows.** My pre-lightened lengths/ends DID, so I shampooed 2 more times with Johnson's baby 'poo and conditioned for 5 minutes with Keratin Complex Infusion Therapy Vanilla Bean Deep Conditioner. Now, perfection, without extra coloring and toning! Again, a first for me! After so many years of trial and error, I've found my HG blonde. I keep going to the mirror to be sure I'm not imagining this long sought after result! Nope--AWESOME! Plus, my baby fine, thin hair did not appear any worse for the wear after coloring with Garnier 111. Brassy blondes are gonna LOVE this!

on 11/3/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

about a month ago I went back to blonde from the red tint that I wore during the summer. When I first did the red, I used Garnier and it came out beautifully but then faded and kept fading. Typical of most reds though as red is the most difficult color to maintain.

I grew tired of the maintenance and decided to go back to blonde. I have used the Garnier #100 for years and was happy with the outcome. Every four months I had highlights and low lights put in and it was truly a lovely color. This time when I went back to blonde I went a bit darker and ashier in order to cover the red... and decided to use the Preference line which has great ash colors... anyway, to make this whole history short, I wanted to go way lighter and ashier in order to continue the coverage of my past red history lol.

I chose the White Chocolate 111, which is a very light ash blonde and followed instructions -- no mixing with any other colors. I left it on for 30 minutes as I truly lost track of time and when I took it off, I found a fantastic light ashy blonde with some golden highlites which make it a truly lovely and believable color.

My husband loves it and this sets my life and history back as a blonde!

I will continue using this shade!

Popular Hair Color Products