Garnier White Chocolate 111

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

4.4

Best super light drugstore blonde! Before using this, I dyed my hair with garnier's extra light natural blonde and the results were golden and a bit orange. I decided to use this on my roots because the instructions said you could use 100 and 111 interchangeably. My dark blonde roots turned a whiteish pearly blonde, while the rest of my hair was a light golden blonde. These two boxes of hair color are not the same!! Now I have lighter roots than my ends of my hair, but I would still recommend this product because it is the only box blonde that could lighten my mousy hair with no orange at all

on 6/28/2014 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to go from my natural medium brown to dark ash blonde.
When dyeing my hair before it has always turned red even when using ash colors. I must have very strong red undertones in my natural hair, but they never show up until dyed.

If you want to go MEDIUM BROWN ----> DARK BLONDE I thing this will work wonderfully if you have normal hair (not alien-like red undertones). It lightened my hair to a nice dark blonde level.

My hair is a dark blonde with slight brassiness until I step into the sun: COPPER!

I do see the ashy tones here and there. I will try it again in a few weeks with a 10 VOL developer and see if the red goes away. I might add ardell red gold and try Revlon color creme 1002.
I will update!

UPDATE july 12
Used WELLA COLOR CHARM T14 silver lady. Red tones are gone. Yellow tones very prominent. Will try T18 next week. Stay tuned.

I love this hair color. My natural color is a dark blonde and always turns RED or strawberry when I lighten it at home. I loved getting highlights at the salon but they were getting expensive and I really wanted an all over blonde color! But no colorist would do an all over color on me, they said they would have to double process my hair and it would damage it too much. I didn't want to believe them and I kept trying different brands. I did several strand tests until I decided on this one!
I use the color and fruit oil included in the kit but throw out the developer and use 40 volume instead. 30 volume will lighten 3 shades while 40 lightens 4! I also add a packet of Ardell Unred (I get from Sally's)
The color has a lot of blue in it as it is, but since my hair has a lot of red in it I need to add even more blue and that is why I use the Ardell Unred. If you have dark blonde ashy hair and blue or gray eyes, you might not need to add the unred - do a strand test first.
I left the formula on for 40-45 min and rinsed (no shampoo) and applied the conditioner packet (smells so nice) I was so happy my hair did not turn strawberry or lemon colored.
My hair was dry and really golden the first day. Then I shampooed and conditioned and it toned down to a more natural golden blonde and the texture is as smooth as before I colored it. I've gotten so many compliments on this color. I love it and am so happy :) Remember to do a strand test.

Love this shade! I used it as a toner after lifting my already, dyed blonde hair with Revlon Colorsilk in shade 05, which has great lifting power but left my hair yellow after two weeks. I left on for 30 minutes, and though my hair turned a light,blue brown while processing, the color came out a beautiful, pale non- brassy blonde when blown out. Like Colorsilk though, the formula is thin and there is not alot in a single bottle. I have fine, barely shoulder length hair and I would reccomend two boxes for anyone with longer or thicker hair. Smell is quite stronger than that of Colosilk but the grapeseed oil packet does help to cut it down. This was by far, the least damaging box color that I have ever used! My hair was soft and incredibly shiny for, lasting up to a week afterwards. Very impressed! My hair has started to turn yellow, especially around my porous ends after two weeks, but I am going to start investing in purple shampoos and conditioners. Note: I used this on hair that was already lifted to a level ten. So while my result was lighter than that on the box, unless your hair is already that light, you should expect your color to be darker based on your current level. I would not use this dye to lift" any color, since I did not notice any lift on my roots. It did blend and tone my hair beautifully, and it looked to be a pale, 10.5,11 for about week before fading back to a yellow 10. If would suggest using the Colorsilk to lift your hair and then, depending on the condition of your hair, use this shade to tone, anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks afterwards. All in all, I will repurchase when in a pinch to tone or add pop to my hair. Edit: as several other reviewers have mentioned, I did notice a very slight, green undertone to my hair as it faded, around the two week mark. It was very faint and only around my porous, and mostly visible under artificial light, not natural. I had used several "ash" dyes and toners before trying out this shade so if you have been depositing mostly ash on your hair, I would suggest stripping with a bleach cap beforehand or trying out another dye.

on 1/9/2011 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product NEVER fails me!!!! I usually alternate between 100 Extra light blonde (camomile) and always great results!!

I went to a hair salon....(my stories always start like that lol), and of course my "blonde" highlights turned orange :(. I am used to this by now, so instead of having them fix it, I buy a bottle of White Chocolate or the Camomile depending on how brassy my hair is. I dye it the day after and voila! Shimmery pale blonde with NO orange just beautiful ashy tones.

A warning though!!!! If you have really light blonde or bleached pieces this can turn your hair BLUE!! So just be careful and if you do, don't leave it on too long. I usally only dye for about 20 mins if I have really brassy hair even with extra light pieces.

Anyways, great product, great color and just super GREAT!! I will forever use this hair dye!!!! I just have to say how funny it is that a drugstore product can really fix a professional and expensive salon color....hmmmm....LOL. LOVE GARNIER!!!!