4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

10 years ago

Stunning and unique. A medium steely gray meets an ultra refined golden shimmer...it's not pure silver, it's not a flat gray, the golden aspect is very refined and more of a reflection. The combination almost looks like a drop of lavender and silvered brown made it in there, too. It's modern, supremely original and versatile, too...it goes with practically anything (color-wise) you might be wearing and is suitable for any occasion. Definite fall or winter vibe. Pick it up if you find it...you don't have anything like it in your collection.

About reviewer (339 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

I'm kind of a nailpolish snob, I'll admit it. And I've been let down by Sally Hansen many times before. However, as I was leaving my local drugstore the other day, I spotted this unique nail polish out of the corner of my eye, and stopped dead in my tracks. I'm always on the lookout for unique colors - and beautiful greys happen to be my weakness. Just in the bottle, I could see that this was no ordinary grey - I could spy a gold sheen, sweeps of indigo, pink, and a hint of minty green all swirled together in with a grey base in this little bottle. Even the name, Opulent Cloud (and I'm not one to buy cosmetics based on a name), had alot of promise. I waited a couple of days for my current manicure to chip - and finally, today was the day. It did not disappoint! I fell in love with it the moment the first coat was on my nail. Just one coat provided the perfect icy grey with gold, rose, and lilac sheens. Against my skintone, it even appeared a bit violet. And I can't imagine a more perfect name for the color than Opulent Cloud - the color definitely reminds me of a shimmering rain cloud just before a storm. I added a second coat for good measure, and was really impressed with the polish's streak free appearance (a rare quality for metallics, but I'm sure it is helped along by the microglitter). The iridescence reminded me of another nailpolish - OPI's Sugarplum Yum. SY is a favorite of mine, however it is sheer, and I always felt like I'd love something similar but with an actual color for the base. Enter Opulent Cloud! I've already bought a back-up bottle, and I have a feeling that this will be my go-to polish for, at the very least, the next few months :).

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

10 years ago

It took me forever to find this, but I lucked out yesterday. It's a greyish taupe (taupy grey?) shimmer that works as a neutral but in the light it really glows. Very fetching. It will probably look better on someone who is not as tan as I am, but I still like it. The formula is smooth and opaque in two coats.

About reviewer (3509 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

I like this a lot. I can't say love yet, but definitely pretty and unique, applies easily, no chips yet (rare for me since I type 12 hours a day or so). Good coverage in two coats but I used three out of habit. One thing that is really odd about this polish - it feels very cold when I am applying it. I have never noticed that with any other polish except the HD Sally Hansen colors.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesBlue

10 years ago

LOVE this color! It's hard to describe, looks grey with some purple and has golden/silvery shimmer. Ahhhh! It's a color that you really have to see to understand. That's why I love it so much, I have never seen any other color like it. A must have it you love unique colors! I also love that it has the flat brush, it makes everything better! haha. And I know that this part is going to sound weird, but the top/handle is also a great shape. Not to skinny, and not thick. Reminds me of those fancy pencils that have the contoured grip, very comfortable to use.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

3.0

10 years ago

I was browsing CVS today and when I saw this and I knew that it was coming home with me. I've been lemming it ever since I first saw pictures and it does not disappoint. You really have to see it in person to fully appreciate it, though. It is, by far, one of the most gorgeous nail polishes that I have ever seen. In some lights it looks purple, blue, gold, silver, green... it's amazing. Two coats made it completely opaque with no application issues. I really like the HD line of Sally Hansen polishes and this is my favorite. I will be purchasing another for backup as this is Limited Edition. Pick it up, you won't regret it!

About reviewer (380 reviews)

Age25-29