Bourjois 1001 Lashes

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Bourjois 1001 Lashes
1001 Lashes

3.0

I have upped my rating for this as I love the very dark, inky black colour and the way my lashes look after just two quick coats. The wand is a very slim silicone one. It doesn't seem to have lengthening fibres as it doesn't aggravate my very sensitive eyes. It separates well and lengthens my lashes. It tops off my everyday look and frames my eyes very nicely. It doesn't flake but it does smudge/transfer when I put eye drops in, unlike other mascaras I've used. The texture is not in the slightest bit thick, in fact slightly watery (I always get a tiny splash on my skin when applying, quite annoyingly) and I did not feel there was much in the tube. I think this is also great for lower lashes as the applicator is so thin. I wish the texture was just a little less watery but I will re-purchase. UPDATE: I love this mascara - contrary to my initial suspicions, it's so far lasted months and it hasn't dried up or changed in texture. My eyes love it - I'm needed to use far less eye drops since discovering it. I've bought a backup and I'm not going to mess about trying any other mascaras unless they discontinue it.

on 1/8/2010 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is really the worst mascara i've gone and bought on a whim. It looked pretty good - it's s'posed to 'multiply' the amount of lashes, separate them without clumps.

Well, it didn't multiply my lashes - it only made them look, not clumpy, but sort of dotty - the way a chavvy schoolgirl applies her rimmel mascara with about 5 coats. lashes aren't separated properly, the brush isn't brilliant and it's hard to remove - for Bourjois? Just awful.

I paid 10 quid for this. Days later it went down to like 4. Cheers, boots!

on 11/2/2009 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

The lash multiplier
Reaches every single lash regardless of their length or location

A mascara that only thickens or lengthens the lashes is no longer enough! Bourjois goes further and multiplies your lashes!

This high-tech mascara containing vitamin C & E derivatives visually multiplies the number of lashes for a full fringe of eyelashes.. more dense, more beautiful.

The revolutionary patented** double helix brush has astonishing powders: with its twelve rows of bristles, it works on every single lash, even the very smallest. In just one application, every lash is reached and fully coated from root to tip without clumping.

Its lengthening, rich in pigments glide-on formula intensifies and gives maximum body to all your lashes.

Enriched with natural waxes, vitamin E and C derivatives, it is suitable for sensitive eyes.

Well, I was suckered into buying this because I have tried so many Bourjois mascaras and have loved them all! After reading what it suppose to do it sort of comes through. It does reach all my lashes and it does extend my lashes. They look extremely long. This gives a great dark glossy lashes. I don't really see a lot thickness in my lashes but I do have thin lashes. So, if you have lashes that are okay and you want dark lashes this is it. I always want volume, volume, volume!