Bourjois 1001 Lashes

1001 Lashes

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Really jet black color doesn't fade. Makes my lashes really stand out compared to most other formulas. No smudging no flaking, even on my oily skin in summer it stays perfect. I have sensitive lashes and I have not problems with it. The mascara isn't clumpy IF you brush through briefly with a brush comb after application - this is the secret of getting that gorgeous 1000 separated defined lashes look! The "double helix" brush has a twist so it looks unusual. Its a defining type and the shape works well but I don't like these newer brushs that are made of rigid plastic because they feel so scratchy. I paid NZ $6 from a clearance store and at that price its a major bargain.

on 1/8/2010 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is a good mascara, it is not outstanding nor would I consider re-purchasing it because I am sure there are probably better ones to be found! I do like it though and although the first few uses it was a bit clumpy (the usual wetness of a new mascara) I find it works as well as my Rimmel Sexy Curves or L'Oreal Telescopic. It lengthens and catches my lashes adequately and as time goes by, it becomes more and more effective - I have learnt how best to use the brush and I now happily use this mascara daily. It comes 2nd to my Maybelline Falsies but I still like it more than I did when I first bought it!

on 11/27/2009 12:12:00 PM

I'm still searching for my ultimate mascara and have become very disillusioned with the number of disappointments I have wasted money on . I really didn't expect this to be as good as it is. It's a real find! Lovely long lashes in two coats without clumps and less than 10! I understand Chanel are the parent company of Bourjois and would consider this comparable to Chanel's "Imitable". Would definitely recommend.