Bourjois 1001 Lashes

3.0

1 review

on 4/1/2011 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product in Quarts black on Amazon for like 3.50, but it was closer to 10 in shops. It had really good reviews on here, so I thought, eh sure. When I first applied it though, I wasn't "wowed" at all. It was exactly like the much cheaper Maybelline Great Lash after you apply that a few layers thick. Kind of clumpy, fake, but hey, isn't all mascara. The brush is awful, it's a fad, the helix shape just makes the middle few lashes clump, that's right where the brush expands to its largest. I have to get out my other little brushes to separate them. It does make my lashes quite long, they touch my eyebrows sometimes, but to be honest they'd do that with any other thick mascara. I can't justify the price here. It's not awful, but there are cheaper ones with the same effect. And the quarts black is no blacker than any other mascara either.
Ooh, one last thing, it does tend to flake off a bit. Not excessively, but every so often you'll just get that sudden "There's something in my eye" feeling, and there will be black bits of mascara.