NYX Eyeshadow Base in White

3.5

*Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, *Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, *Silica (and) Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, *Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66, Ceresin,*Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I don't hate this. Really, it does its job, the eyeshadows pop! But when you apply it to your ENTIRE lid, it is sticky as hell and the eyeshadow doesn't blend very well. after a few hours, it starts to crease leaving white lines.. it's not the worst, really, maybe you should apply it just in certain areas.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this for a base under my eyeshadows that need a strong base to really pop. Doesn't smear around too much, but not a product I reach for very often. The stick applicator is convenient for application. Great for those more adventurous with makeup!

This stuff is fantastic because it gives me a white slate to apply my eye shadows on, and makes them look really good.

Now I don't think this is supposed to be used as a primer, but as a shadow base. So I apply MAC's soft ochre on my lids and then this over it, and then my eye shadow (usually Urban Decay). Very thin layers mind you, so its not cakey at all. My eye shadow looks great, doesn't crease and lasts the entire day.

I do like the consistency of the white paste, I guess that's personal preference but it feels good to me. Also I like the price, its dirt cheap and there's a lot of product and you don't need to use much. So this pot will last me forever.

Also it doesn't irritated my uber sensitive eyes, so that's another tick.

I've used NARs, Too Faced, Urban Decay primers in the past and get the same result using this. I'm going to save myself the $40+ for those and use this very affordable and excellent quality shadow base instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's definitely not a terrible product and for its price I think it's doing a good job. However, I wouldn't buy it again because I want to use products that I love and not that I just 'like'.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

While the feel of the product and the look under highlighter is nice, overall I'm sad to say that I cannot recommend this product as an eye primer.

My shadow starts to show signs of wear within just a few hours. I have enjoyed most NYX products, this one just isn't as good as others on the market.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK so maybe it's not intended to be used as a primer but even if u do use some beforehand, holy hell does this shet crease... I liked that it intensified my bright neon shadows but the crease and bunching up not so much. O highly recommend using too faced bulletproof eye shadow pen in white lie its 24hr and creaseless it won't budge and make your colors pop like crazy. It's pricey but worth it. If you want a good primer though for eye shadow proof it by nyx is also a good one just layer your bright shadow over pale white shadow on top of the primer and that will also work

Just a good'ol white base for your brighter eyeshadow looks. It is NOT a primer however. It's pretty slippery so use an actual primer before applying this :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when I first started wearing eyeshadow, not knowing the different between a base and a primer. Thinking it was a primer, I was clearly disappointed. But now that I'm more knowledgeable of these products, I don't hate it like I first did. But I don't love it either. This white base is meant to intensify, which it definitely does. It definitely makes colored shadows look brighter and shimmer shadows look even more shimmery. HOWEVER, I don't like the clumps of glitter in the white base AT ALL. They're so unnecessary and inconvenient. because if I'm using any matte shadows there's glitter added. It says it makes shadows last longer - false - if you have oily lids this is gonna crease like no other. I have recently been using it over a primer, and that really makes a difference in it's staying power. I just use it sparingly and keep it toward the bottom of the lids where I'd put my glitter shadows.

I love this product. It works as a primer for me. Never had any crease with it and it lasted all day. I've used hi end, as well as drugstore products with it, and it never failed. All eye shadows I've used, would stick to it, plus it's blendable. When using it, make sure, all product is covered with eye shadows, otherwise you will end up having white patches, will show up if photo taken with strobe light, or if you have dark skin.
Packaging is kinda pain on the ass, not very sanitary.

Overall I'm happy with the quality. A little goes a long way and it does it's job+works as a primer for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product. It highlights the lids and makes the eyeshadows brighter and last all day. only need the tiniest bit also. :)