NYX Eyeshadow Base in White

3.5

*Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, *Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, *Silica (and) Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, *Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66, Ceresin,*Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's definitely not a terrible product and for its price I think it's doing a good job. However, I wouldn't buy it again because I want to use products that I love and not that I just 'like'.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff kind of sucks. It creases and I don't think it improves the longevity of eye makeup. The only reason I continue to use it is because I like having a white-ish, creamy kind of base.

To Read all 109 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

While the feel of the product and the look under highlighter is nice, overall I'm sad to say that I cannot recommend this product as an eye primer.

My shadow starts to show signs of wear within just a few hours. I have enjoyed most NYX products, this one just isn't as good as others on the market.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK so maybe it's not intended to be used as a primer but even if u do use some beforehand, holy hell does this shet crease... I liked that it intensified my bright neon shadows but the crease and bunching up not so much. O highly recommend using too faced bulletproof eye shadow pen in white lie its 24hr and creaseless it won't budge and make your colors pop like crazy. It's pricey but worth it. If you want a good primer though for eye shadow proof it by nyx is also a good one just layer your bright shadow over pale white shadow on top of the primer and that will also work

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Just a good'ol white base for your brighter eyeshadow looks. It is NOT a primer however. It's pretty slippery so use an actual primer before applying this :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this when I first started wearing eyeshadow, not knowing the different between a base and a primer. Thinking it was a primer, I was clearly disappointed. But now that I'm more knowledgeable of these products, I don't hate it like I first did. But I don't love it either. This white base is meant to intensify, which it definitely does. It definitely makes colored shadows look brighter and shimmer shadows look even more shimmery. HOWEVER, I don't like the clumps of glitter in the white base AT ALL. They're so unnecessary and inconvenient. because if I'm using any matte shadows there's glitter added. It says it makes shadows last longer - false - if you have oily lids this is gonna crease like no other. I have recently been using it over a primer, and that really makes a difference in it's staying power. I just use it sparingly and keep it toward the bottom of the lids where I'd put my glitter shadows.

I love this product. It works as a primer for me. Never had any crease with it and it lasted all day. I've used hi end, as well as drugstore products with it, and it never failed. All eye shadows I've used, would stick to it, plus it's blendable. When using it, make sure, all product is covered with eye shadows, otherwise you will end up having white patches, will show up if photo taken with strobe light, or if you have dark skin.
Packaging is kinda pain on the ass, not very sanitary.

Overall I'm happy with the quality. A little goes a long way and it does it's job+works as a primer for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product. It highlights the lids and makes the eyeshadows brighter and last all day. only need the tiniest bit also. :)

This is a good eyeshadow base, but it's nothing too exceptional. I purchased it hoping it would also serve as a primer, but it definitely doesn't--if anything, it makes shadows crease faster. However, I do still appreciate it, as I have rather veiny eyelids, and this does a good job of covering and brightening at the same time. I have very pale skin, so I like that this highlights my eye area, but I may go on to look for skin-colored bases next to see which I prefer. I got this at Ultra for $5.99, so it won't break the bank to test it out and see how it works for you. Anyway, the texture is very creamy and surprisingly opaque, but not distractingly so. It takes a moment to blend, but sets fairly quickly. Another reviewer mentioned its capabilities with bright shadows and its setbacks with neutral shadows, and I have to agree--this will work best with bright, colorful shadows in keeping them true to their colors and not allowing the skin tone to change it. Neutral tones, however, don't benefit as much, which is another reason as to why I want to try a skin tone base. I said I wouldn't repurchase thus because I've heard good reviews about Nyx's Jumbo Milk Pencil, and I may get that when I run out of this. But, all in all, I like this base, especially for the price, and would still recommend it to others.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Here's the important things to know:
- This is not a primer. It will crease and cause your shadows to crease. If you apply primer first, then this base, it will work much better.
- This is best used with bright colorful shadows. It will make the color more true to pan on your lids and intensify the color. But in my experience it does not work well at all with neutral shades. For me, those were dulled with this base and didn't look as good.
- It is very opaque and quite creamy. You only need to use a very small amount and blend it out well. It blends quite easily for me.

That said I will not repurchase - because I like the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk so much better. Esentially these are very similar products. I bought the white eye shadow base because I liked Milk so much, but found application a little difficult. The white base is far easier to apply.
However, for my purposes, Milk is superior. The eyeshadow base has less stick to it, where as the JEP in Milk grabs onto the shadows much better. It also works much better I tensifying more neutral toned shadows, which is what I wear the majority of the time.
If you wear very colorful eyeshadows often, this could be a great tool for you. If you tend to choose neutrals, the Jumbo Eye Shadow Pencil in Milk may be a better fit.