NYX Eyeshadow Base in White

3.5

*Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, *Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, *Silica (and) Methicone, BHT, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/HexarosinateRicinus Communic (Castor) Seed Oil, *Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Polyethylene, Fragrance, Butylparaben, Nylon-66, Ceresin,*Tocopheryl Acetate, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I made the mistake of thinking this product is a primer, which it is not! I have very fair skin and assumed the white would blend in and look natural, which it does not; I think this product would work for you if you are more adventurous, do stage makeup, or use bright colours that you want to really pop. However, if you are a beginner or are looking for something to do subtle or everyday makeup with, I don't think this is for you.

Pros
Makes eye shadow colours pop, probably would work great for packing shadow on

Cons
Feels really cakey and sticky, makes eyeshadow crease quickly, difficult to blend

This is not as good as the more reputable and expensive primers/bases out there. IT is much cheaper though. I experimented with this stuff and concluded that it doesn't make my shadow stay any longer than usual but it makes the color POP and creates an even base (I have oily lids). So my shadow is better with this applied first but there are better products to choose from. I would repurchase but try another more natural shade for my fair skin.

This stuff is fantastic because it gives me a white slate to apply my eye shadows on, and makes them look really good.

Now I don't think this is supposed to be used as a primer, but as a shadow base. So I apply MAC's soft ochre on my lids and then this over it, and then my eye shadow (usually Urban Decay). Very thin layers mind you, so its not cakey at all. My eye shadow looks great, doesn't crease and lasts the entire day.

I do like the consistency of the white paste, I guess that's personal preference but it feels good to me. Also I like the price, its dirt cheap and there's a lot of product and you don't need to use much. So this pot will last me forever.

Also it doesn't irritated my uber sensitive eyes, so that's another tick.

I've used NARs, Too Faced, Urban Decay primers in the past and get the same result using this. I'm going to save myself the $40+ for those and use this very affordable and excellent quality shadow base instead.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is a base, not a primer but makes eye makeup longevity SUCK. My eyeshadow slides off and even my gel, liquid and pencil eyeliners melt off so easily whenever I use this base. It does make colors more vibrant for a couple hours, but the fact that it melts two hours later makes the benefits completely moot. I've tried using less product, which helped, but it still melted inevitably. My makeup applies and lasts much better without this base... maybe I just haven't learned how to use it correctly. I have not had a single good eye makeup day with it though.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I like this for a base under my eyeshadows that need a strong base to really pop. Doesn't smear around too much, but not a product I reach for very often. The stick applicator is convenient for application. Great for those more adventurous with makeup!

I don't hate this. Really, it does its job, the eyeshadows pop! But when you apply it to your ENTIRE lid, it is sticky as hell and the eyeshadow doesn't blend very well. after a few hours, it starts to crease leaving white lines.. it's not the worst, really, maybe you should apply it just in certain areas.

Just a good'ol white base for your brighter eyeshadow looks. It is NOT a primer however. It's pretty slippery so use an actual primer before applying this :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK so maybe it's not intended to be used as a primer but even if u do use some beforehand, holy hell does this shet crease... I liked that it intensified my bright neon shadows but the crease and bunching up not so much. O highly recommend using too faced bulletproof eye shadow pen in white lie its 24hr and creaseless it won't budge and make your colors pop like crazy. It's pricey but worth it. If you want a good primer though for eye shadow proof it by nyx is also a good one just layer your bright shadow over pale white shadow on top of the primer and that will also work

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

While the feel of the product and the look under highlighter is nice, overall I'm sad to say that I cannot recommend this product as an eye primer.

My shadow starts to show signs of wear within just a few hours. I have enjoyed most NYX products, this one just isn't as good as others on the market.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's definitely not a terrible product and for its price I think it's doing a good job. However, I wouldn't buy it again because I want to use products that I love and not that I just 'like'.