MAC Devoted Poppy: Classic Eyes Palette

MAC Devoted Poppy: Classic Eyes Palette

on 5/31/2012 4:22:00 PM

I got this at the Mac/el warehouse and it was very inexpensive.
The colors include both neutral and colorful shades, and I can wear them together in the summer, or focus on neutral/colorful shades, or even do a neutral look with a pop of color.
The dark matte brown shade is perfect to use as an eyeliner shade or to set my eyeliner.
I wore this pretty much everyday when I first got this, and it still remains one of my go to pallets.
The shimmer green shade is pretty much the same as a le eyeshadow in "lusterleaf".

on 9/14/2011 10:41:00 AM

i picked this up at the cosmetics discontinued store and i really like it. i was in search of a palette of high quality eyeshadows. i always find palettes with only 2 colors i would actually use and i hate that bc it seems like such a waste of money. i like every color in this palette and they work with my skintone. some people may not like all the colors but the most universally flattering ones are the sand colored one and the darker sand (almost tan/goldish) colored one. there is also a pink toned one in there that is pretty. tip: apply with a primer then use a sponge tip applicator because whenever i use my fingers to spread the shadow on my eyelids, it doesnt stay as well. overall i like them because they are blendable, true to color on the eyelid, and high quality. i was getting sick of drugstore brands that only last a few hours then cake up or crease by mid-day!!!
Edit: after playing around with this kit for awhile, i have concluded that i only really like the goldish color, the light tan, and the pinkish toned neutral. the black color is useless to me bc i never do smokey eyes, and the green and blue are just obnoxious.

This was my first ever mac purchase agessss ago, and i never really showed this palette any love.... until now! Omg ive hit pan on the sweet eyes shadow and the amoursly i LOVE it and cannot find the single shadows of these colours ANYWHERE i am fully gutted :( i adore this palette my eyes always look beautiful with these colours on and NONE of any of my other mac/lancome/88 palette/revlon/any! shadows can compare to these shadows. The looks i can create with this palette are awesome i am seriously considering getting a back up of this!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First off, the case is beautalicious! These aren't very "bright" shadows, but are very pretty! It comes with a mini 213SE Brush. The brush isn't nearly as good as the full size. I would repurchase, but don't think I'll ever need to.

Colors from left to right:
Sweet Eyes - Young Thing
Amorously - Awaken
In Awe - Fall Deeply

Closed:

Open!:

continued >>

on 6/8/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Absolutely love this palette. the packaging is so pretty and cute with the jewel in the middle. the colors are very versitile and easy to use especially when you use it with a wet brush, then the colors come alive!!!

on 5/25/2010 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I gave this palette three lippies because I like three of the six eyeshadows! The left side of the palette is marvelous, but the right side sucks. The bright colors are very very poorly pigmented and I have to work really hard to get them to show up on my eyes (NC 35). I do have to admit that the blue color is gorgeous when finally applied (wet brush and fifteen layers of shadow!). The pastel salmon color is very chalky and I cannot believe MAC actually put this in the palette.

on 11/1/2009 3:30:00 PM

I got this a CCO for like $26. the green and blue are very glittery and have a lot of fall out throughout the day as you have to pack them on to get a lot of color. The pink is a bit chalky but pretty. I really like the black, taupe and shimmery nude colors. The colors are also not packed very tightly in the pans so a lot of the product is wasted. Not really worth the money but the packaging is so cute I couldnt resist.
I think this was an old holiday compact or something of the sort